C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 wish list

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 PM
shawn h.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 wish list

Now that Tom Wallace is starting work on the C7, I thought we should give him our wish list. This is mine, what's yours?

1. Finally give it a no excuse, top quality interior so it will shut up all of the critics.

2. Stop the creaking.

3. AWD.

4. Be less conservative w/the styling.

5. 4/50K warranty.

6. Only let top quality(in terms of sales & service) GM dealers sell them. Not a stupid Chevy dealer that treats the car like a Cobalt.

7. Do not advertise the car w/any other Chevy product. IMO, this really cheapens the car. You don't see a Lexus SC430 advertised w/a Toyota Corolla!!

8. Get rid of that cheap looking FOB....oh wait, they did....but where is it??

9. ???????
Old 09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Bluetooth and iPOD enabled HU's. Upgraded audio system. Cooled seats. That and all the usual performance upgrades that always take place between generations.

Tom
Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
shawn h.
Drifting

I like the cooled seat idea!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
DigitalGriffin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Finally give it a no excuse, top quality interior so it will shut up all of the critics. Then begin the *itching that no one can afford it now

3. AWD. NO! Weight issues. And it wouldn't be a vette!

8. Get rid of that cheap looking FOB....oh wait, they did....but where is it?? I have no complaints with the FOB
Old 09-14-2006, 02:58 PM
DigitalGriffin
Pro

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Bluetooth and iPOD enabled HU's. Upgraded audio system.
Tom
Bluetooth would be nice. But that's dreaming because it would then compete with OnStar.

Upgraded NAV display would be nice. (Full color maybe)
Maybe a digital information screen in NAV (0->60 times, full readout of engine status (manifold pressure etc), g forces on car, accel/decel rates, etc), status log what exactly is the car doing during AH/AT.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
corps.vet
Intermediate

Default why would BT compete w/ Onstar?

Bluetooth would be nice. But that's dreaming because it would then compete with OnStar.
Not sure I understand why (do not have OnStar now), however, the bride (of 32 years) has both bluetooth & BMW assist (OnStar equiv.) and I don't see any overlap.
The bluetooth is great for handsfree calling (except everyone in the car hears both sides of the conversation), and although at first I thought the voice command function was a gimic, I find it is really helpful.
cheers
Old 09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
shawn h.
Drifting

Originally Posted by DigitalGriffin
1. Finally give it a no excuse, top quality interior so it will shut up all of the critics. Then begin the *itching that no one can afford it now

3. AWD. NO! Weight issues. And it wouldn't be a vette!

8. Get rid of that cheap looking FOB....oh wait, they did....but where is it?? I have no complaints with the FOB
1. Majority of people wouldn't mind paying a little more to have a world-class, high-line interior.

2. AWD can be an option. They can save weight elsewhere.

3. Old FOB's are cheap looking.....new pending 07's however look much better.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
eagle93
Pro

Default C7 NAV System Wish

Provide software/hardware (USB Port) with NAV system that could allow you to transfer performance data to your PC for folks interested in that area, and would allow you to use your PC to plan trips, then transfer info to your NAV system (GARMIN systems do that now) for those folks that like to travel. There probably would be some other useful interfaces possible between a PC and your car.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Diggy Moe
Instructor

If you would remove 3 & 4,I would purchase the C7 from your wish list.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Just my 2.5 cents. AWD is a very specialized niche, and certainly more expensive to engineer and build overall. Making it work well in a high performance application takes a lot of experience and engineering skill...usually learned over a long time of building slower AWD cars. I for one wouldn't want to experience a "1st year" AWD Corvette, and I'll completely against the weight penalty too.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
moto xxx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shawn h.
Now that Tom Wallace is starting work on the C7, I thought we should give him our wish list. This is mine, what's yours?

1. Finally give it a no excuse, top quality interior so it will shut up all of the critics.

2. Stop the creaking.

3. AWD.

5. 4/50K warranty.

6. Only let top quality(in terms of sales & service) GM dealers sell them. Not a stupid Chevy dealer that treats the car like a Cobalt.

7. Do not advertise the car w/any other Chevy product. IMO, this really cheapens the car. You don't see a Lexus SC430 advertised w/a Toyota Corolla!!

9. ???????
AWD is boring IMO
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

1) Get rid of Torque Management
2) """"""""""""" CAGS
3) Make it a true 6sp.
4) More Power
5) Factory Headers
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

Options for exhaust. Why can't the GM Performance exhaust be a factory option? Or maybe make it part of the Z51 package.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Atomic Punk
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

C7 wish list

one in my drive way.....
Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
ilkhan
Burning Brakes

2. Stop the creaking.
3. AWD.
5. 4/50K warranty.
9. ???????
1: current is fine, make a ferrari level interior an option just to shutup the critics
2:
3: NO
4: since when has the vette been conservative? Its not an evo, thank god.
5: true enough
6: true enough
7:
8:

air conned seats would be better than heated around here
more audio options (drop the proprietary bose!) would be nice
better the "feel" of the car, if nothing else just to shutup the critics again. Shouldn't be a problem with wallace (aka, an SCCA racer) in charge.

DJackman: how are the transmissions now not "true 6 sp"s?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
shawn h.
Drifting

I forgot to add a true Ferrari(F1) like paddle shift semi-automatic. This is probably a given since almost every major sports car is going to have them by then.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:38 AM
DigitalGriffin
Pro

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Options for exhaust. Why can't the GM Performance exhaust be a factory option? Or maybe make it part of the Z51 package.

They are already at the EPA limits for noise level on exhaust. They can't make it louder. That's why you see all the GM aftermarket exhaust labeled as "Off road use only"

Get notified of new replies

To C7 wish list

Old 09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

drop their relationship with Bose and find a true audio system worthy of a $50,000 car. I would like to see an interior upgrade as an "option" only, I don't think the Vette should lose its place as one of the fastest cars on the planet for a fraction of the cost of the other players.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Huge naturally aspirated pushrod V8 in a small light car.

Retain as much classic American musclecar heritage and flavor as humanly possible.

Just say NO to "exotic" styling and platform.

In my opinion, the C6 is pretty darned close to being perfect, as is. I hope the C7 isn't TOO different. I'd say just refine the C6 a bit, but... not even sure how to refine it... it's so damn good.

I hope the C7 design team goes in with the attitude of "don't mess with success" and "don't fix what ain't broke". Because otherwise, in order to come up with something really new and interesting just for the sake of it, the car may turn out to be something that is very much NOT what a Corvette should be.

The C6 is basically a C2 with modern technology applied. PERFECT! That's WHY I spent 50 big ones in order to put one in my garage. Hope the C7 will be the same... a modern version of a C2... just updated technology for 2011 or whenever it comes out.

What will turn me away from Corvettes for good is if the next Vette turns out to be an exotic-wannabee. That's when I toss my Corvette cap in the garbage.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:17 PM
corvettetanner
Le Mans Master

2. Stop the creaking.

3. AWD.

5. 4/50K warranty.

9. ???????
...yeah, and raise that price way the **** up there so nobody can afford the car. Take the bang for the buck out of the Corvette. I think I'd rather have the current warranty of 5/100K instead of the 4/50K that you suggest.

Quick Reply: C7 wish list