C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which exhaust are you keeping?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:51 PM
FLGiordano
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted for "some other one (which?)", because the poll didn't have my Callaway Double D on it. I like it. I didn't want a lot of "look at me" noise. I'm too old for that kind of thing. But I did want a lower pitched rumble that said V-8. The Callaways do that just fine. I've had them on for two weeks now, and I think they sound better as they get a few miles on them. The quality of the exhaust is typically Callaway; right up there with the best made. It's all polished 304 stainless and the fit was absolutely perfect. The system looks like it would outlast the car. I noticed that the mufflers are considerably larger than the stock ones. This may have something to do with Callaway's claim that they flow 74% more than the stock mufflers. I was uncertain about the Double D tips, but after seeing them installed, I like them. They are quite large and seem nicely proportioned to the rear of the car.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Headley Lamar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvette4081
Has anybody tried the GM Aggressive and how much do they cost.
I really like it. My car was "previously loved" so I am not sure what the original owner paid for it. It is not loud at idle, which makes it easy for me to sneak out of the garage for midnight drives without waking up my wife...

It sounds great on the road with the top down...
Old 10-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm very happy with my Zoomers Full Cat Back exhaust system on my C6A6. The Zoomers system has outstanding appearance, deep sound, top quality construction / design and great customer service. Highly Recommended!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:56 PM
shagsC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flowmaster's I love them!

Quick Reply: Which exhaust are you keeping?