C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jay Lenos C6 is being redone!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I do work for Leno, Been to his garage many times. It is gearhead heaven.

Jay ( the other one)
Old 08-29-2006, 03:28 AM
zsr22
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCS Bet for St. Jude '09-'10-'11, '15

Originally Posted by vettetech2
yeah he earns tens of millions of dollars a year so hes earned it, due to the fact he has takin risks by bombing in front of live audiences for years big freakin deal! there are millions of people who work their A off risking their lives for others and dont even make a tenth of what these people make whether its the tv-movie insustry or the sports industry.Dont tell me about taking risks or paying dues, cause you probably DONT RISK YOUR A EVERYDAY!HOW ABOUT THIS I SAVE LIVES EVERYDAY DOES THAT QUALIFY ME TO MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR- LET ME GUESS WHAT YOUR GOING TO SAY YOUR IN THE WRONG INDUSTRY!THAT IS WHY THIS COUNTRY IS in THE WAY IT IS TODAY CAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND THEIR LITTLE BRAIN AS YOU HAVE SHOWN IN YOUR POST.ITS SCARY TO KNOW THAT YOU ONLY BEEN HERE SINCE APRIL OF THIS YEAR AND HAVE ALMOST 1,300 POSTS WHICH IS ALMOST 11 POSTS A DAY WOW!!!! LET ME GUESS YOUR IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY AND YOU WORK YOUR A OFF RIGHT!
It is simple. Jay Leno draws a large audience. Companies want to pitch their products to this audience. So they pay NBC tons of money to advertise on, and during, the show. NBC in turn pays Leno tons of money to keep him there so they keep the money coming in from sponsors and advertisers.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
alan64
Pro

i think someone needs to lighten up a bit here. This all started because someone mentioned about the show where he gives his friend a vette... to pay him back. If Leno is lucky enough to make that much money, all the more power to him. Its called free enterprise. It doesnt pay to be envious of other people. Or to complain about your lot in life. If you arent happy, then move on to something else. That is what makes America, and Canada so great compared to what i see on tv ever day on the other side of the world.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by alan64
i think someone needs to lighten up a bit here. This all started because someone mentioned about the show where he gives his friend a vette... to pay him back. If Leno is lucky enough to make that much money, all the more power to him. Its called free enterprise. It doesnt pay to be envious of other people. Or to complain about your lot in life. If you arent happy, then move on to something else. That is what makes America, and Canada so great compared to what i see on tv ever day on the other side of the world.
That "someone" has some real issues he needs to work on.

I don't resent Jay Leno, sports stars, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, etc. They all got what they got because they are talented as well as hard-working. I'm very happy for them. Our Mr. Rant may risk his *** every day but he obviously has no marketable talent and resents those who do! He needs to take one of these:
Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 569 Likes on 346 Posts

He has earned it??? please tell me how someone who makes tens of millions of dollars a year being a talk show host has earned it! and dont tell me hes works his a off either.
why should YOU care?????? he has earned it because he does it and they pay him for doing it, period. you don't do it so you can't earn the same money. it's very simple. sorry they don't pay millions for what you do. why be angry??????
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Its Tuesday, Aug. 29, I'm bum I miss it, does anyone know if its coming back on anytime soon? Jay is #1 great guy, the $$$ did not go to his head. He go's to Big Boy rest. somtimes on Friday evening 6-10:00pm, when they have all the cool cars there, its in Burbank.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

He has earned it??? please tell me how someone who makes tens of millions of dollars a year being a talk show host has earned it! and dont tell me hes works his a off either.
No, he does not work his a-- off. He makes easy money compared to how the rest of us work for what we get.

However, making easy money does not make you a bad person.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Only on the CF can we take a simple post and turn it into something else.

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
bradb
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Only on the CF can we take a simple post and turn it into something else.

Tom

Teach a man to fish and he can eat forever.
Give a man a keyboard and he can ruin any thread with self-righteous blather.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Wow.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
300Z51
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard not to admire Jay Leno while watching that. He is a true Corvette enthusiast as well as car enthusiast in general. His Black Z06 looked awesome and the mods made to the red convertible were very tastefully done. Great Show.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Ed@Lingenfelter
Drifting

I think the point that we are missing here, is that the show is about people that have been fortunate, remembering those who helped them get where they are, and thanking them for it.

Jay Leno is a great guy, and as automotive enthusiasts, we should be thankful that he is interested in the same things we are. If he wasn't, we may have never seen some of the great cars that he has brought back from the dead!

Did anybody see the show where he found an original Dusenburgh that had been sitting in a garage not far from the studios since the 40's? It was awesome, Jay showed up with messed up hair and grubby clothes(on camera) and proceded to get to work. How many of us have been there?? more importantly, how many TV/Movie stars have you seen do this??

Back on topic to the show "payback" did anybody see the episode where Dale Jr built a custom Suburban for his sister Kelly? I missed it but it looked good. One of the commercials quoted him as saying that she was a better race car driver than him or his brother, but she gave it up to take care of him (she's older) like him or not, he's another very cool car guy.

Ed
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM
bradb
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I'm not a fan of Leno the comedian/host, but he is a cool car guy. And Ed is correct, Jay will get dirty working on his stuff. On Rides and Overhaulin' episodes, he's rolled up his sleeves like the rest of us. The only time I saw him look embarrased was when the OCC guys built that atrocious Brough-style chopper and surprised him on stage. Takes a real pro not to puke in that situation.

The show "Payback" is obviously supported by GM as all the rebuilds are their products.

Of course, this is car guy's golden days. I remember when you couldn't see Indy in real time and the Monaco Gran Prix was a 20 minute two week delayed show on ABC.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
dmustin
Advanced

Default Ray Nagin

I'd prefer to see Jay wealthy than some imbecile like Ray Nagin.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:48 PM
DEagle
Racer

I've met Jay a few times at local car events and he's very friendly and down to earth - not an ounce of celebrity snobbery. Not only is he a nice guy, he knows more about cars than just about anyone I've met.

The first time I saw him he was underneath some guy's Cobra helping him re-wire a busted fan switch. Very cool.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:04 PM
vettetech2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
why should YOU care?????? he has earned it because he does it and they pay him for doing it, period. you don't do it so you can't earn the same money. it's very simple. sorry they don't pay millions for what you do. why be angry??????
Im simply commenting on a thread that someone said he has earned it. I started off by saying how has he earned, i can give a rats a** less what leno does or makes ,my opinion is my opinion,cut and dry. Im sure you could have come up with something a little better than what you said in your quote .I suggest you try re-reading my quotes. Im speaking also in general terms as a whole.Do you want me to explain that to you, nah im sure you know what that means dont you

Last edited by vettetech2; 09-02-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:13 PM
vettetech2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wayne88
No, he does not work his a-- off. He makes easy money compared to how the rest of us work for what we get.

However, making easy money does not make you a bad person.
Please show me anywhere where i said Leno was a bad person?

Get notified of new replies

To Jay Lenos C6 is being redone!!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Gundam
Pro

Leno is a workaholic. He puts 100% of his Tonight Show money into savings and only spends what he makes doing standup. Right after each taping, he immediatly goes and do standup shows in LA and LV. Hard not to admire that.

Plus he is a big time vette fan. (Anyone else see when Shaun White was on and was talking about getting a Ferrari, and Leno cut him short and told him to get a Z06)
Old 09-02-2006, 08:29 PM
vettetech2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
That "someone" has some real issues he needs to work on.

I don't resent Jay Leno, sports stars, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, etc. They all got what they got because they are talented as well as hard-working. I'm very happy for them. Our Mr. Rant may risk his *** every day but he obviously has no marketable talent and resents those who do! He needs to take one of these:
And if you know how to read i simply make a statement as speaking in general terms.If you make a comment on something which is your opinion,you have a right to your opinion, thats what forums are all about arent they?Well i have an opinion also and i have a right to it. just because i dont agree with you and you saying i have real issues,is improper but hey thats your opinion right?.But when you put up pictures against me and think im not gonna counter you on it,well your mistaken Mr 1300 posts since april of this year i think your the 1 with the issues. Tell me Mr. Ceo of an air frieght company how is it that you find the time to post almost 1300 times, and still manage to be a Ceo of a company???? im sorry if i dont agree with you are alot of other people in this thread on this particular subject.I suggest to you or anyone else before you try and counter me that you read my posts properly.

Last edited by vettetech2; 09-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:20 PM
zsr22
Team Owner

BCS Bet for St. Jude '09-'10-'11, '15

And if you know how to read i simply make a statement as speaking in general terms.If you make a comment on something which is your opinion,you have a right to your opinion, thats what forums are all about arent they?Well i have an opinion also and i have a right to it. just because i dont agree with you and you saying i have real issues,is improper but hey thats your opinion right?.But when you put up pictures against me and think im not gonna counter you on it,well your mistaken Mr 1300 posts since april of this year i think your the 1 with the issues. Tell me Mr. Ceo of an air frieght company how is it that you find the time to post almost 1300 times, and still manage to be a Ceo of a company???? im sorry if i dont agree with you are alot of other people in this thread on this particular subject.I suggest to you or anyone else before you try and counter me that you read my posts properly.
For your sake I hope English is your second language.

Quick Reply: Jay Lenos C6 is being redone!!