C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Skip Shift Eliminator

Old 08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default C6 Skip Shift Eliminator

Now at Southern Car Parts....

Do you hate the 1-4 skip shift installed on the C6 Manual Transmission? This little device will elimate that annoying issue.

This kit will allow you to disable the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your C5 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. This kit uses genuine Delphi Packard Electric Systems division connectors, plugs and seals to protect your wiring harness and CAGS solenoid to allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you so desire. This kit is designed for use on both the standard MN6 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox and also the M12 Z06 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. No permanent modifications are required to install this product.

Takes 5 mins to install and is easily reversable.

Each Kit comes with complete installtion instructions.

NOTE: This kit will prevent the CAGS solenoid from engaging but the "1 to 4" light on the dash will still illuminate when skip shift conditions are met.

Click here to purchase....
http://www.southerncarparts.com/prod...roducts_id=104

Last edited by southerncarparts; 12-05-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, but I suspect every single Vette owner with a manual transmission on this forum already has one.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the orders guys!

Just dropped them off for shipment this morning.

still have 2 left from this shipment. Additional product will be here Monday of next week.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Oldguychuck
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Information

Could you explain the issue involved and why this product is useful?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
djfullshred
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Chuck
It disables the solenoid on your MN6 tranny that forces your shifter into 4th when you are trying to shift into 2nd at lower RPM, without triggering error codes.

It is usefull when you are driving in slow traffic, and actually want to go into 2nd when the computer assisted gear selection is telling your tranny to put you into 4th.

Even though it didn't happen very often when I drove, having it happen never was worth the 20 bucks to me big time.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Old Chuck
here you go...

If you do not like the 1-4 skip shift installed on the C6 Manual Transmission? This little device will elimate that annoying issue.

This kit will allow you to disable the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your C6 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. This kit uses genuine Delphi Packard Electric Systems division connectors, plugs and seals to protect your wiring harness and CAGS solenoid to allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you so desire. This kit is designed for use on both the standard MN6 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox and also the M12 Z06 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. No permanent modifications are required to install this product.

You can also check out our website at www.southerncarparts.com for additional information or give me a call.

Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 AM
JLP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default cags

Still have one with free shipping? jlp191@yahoo.com

Thanks Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 AM
JLP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Never mind I just orderd!

Thanks Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Iceman997
Instructor

Originally Posted by southerncarparts

Takes 5 mins to install and is easily reversable.

Each Kit comes with complete installtion instructions.

FREE Shipping......

Click here to purchase....
2 questions:

1) Do you need to get under the car at all or is this a no brainer?

2) I have no idea how this is installed - is there any issue with this + the window valet?

Thx!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:20 PM
cocoandkids
5th Gear

Default Canada

Do you offer free shipping to Canada?

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Still have some in stock.....free shipping...

Click here to order.

Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 12:31 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Iceman997
2 questions:

1) Do you need to get under the car at all or is this a no brainer?

2) I have no idea how this is installed - is there any issue with this + the window valet?

Thx!
it is a simple install but you will need a jack and jackstands or a ramp to get acces to the CAGS solenoid which is located on the drivers' side of the transmission towards the top and rear of the transmission.

This has no impact on the window valet.

if you have any other questions just give me a call.

Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cocoandkids
Do you offer free shipping to Canada?
I can do that for you.

If you haven't already picked up a set of tail light seals for your C6 yet order those at the same time and I can package them together for you in one shipment

Jim
Old 08-19-2006, 02:40 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

At twenty bucks + free shipping this is a no-brainer. I've had one on my 2005 MZ6 since day one and it works flawlessly.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 AM
duesenpilot
Intermediate

Picked up my car today and my shift has been skipped several times already in one day. I am no grandmother, but sometimes in traffic it just falls into that category and I don't really want to focus on beating the computer while I am driving. I already bought my eliminator, just need to install it now.
BTW, is there anything to protect the bottom of the car siderails from getting scratched when going over speedbumps or into driveways. How much is a replacement piece? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 PM
nicosuave
Instructor

I don't get this. Can someone please clear up my confusion.

I read on this thread that this "shift eliminator" thing makes it so the car doesn't force you into 4th gear when you want to be in 2nd.

My car has a light that flashes at retardedly low rpms telling me to shift to 4th from 1st, it looks like 1-->4 right everyone? The car however does not FORCE you into that gear and you can just ignore the light.

So what's all the fuss about? I would like to get rid of this annoying light that comes on all the time but other than that there is no problem. Is that what this mod does, eliminate the annoying light? or is there more to it?

Thank you!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:36 PM
greenshirt77
Drifting

It's not an annoying issue if you know how to drive a manual properly.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:43 PM
ZBoater
Pro

Originally Posted by nicosuave
...My car has a light that flashes at retardedly low rpms telling me to shift to 4th from 1st, it looks like 1-->4 right everyone? The car however does not FORCE you into that gear and you can just ignore the light. ...
Actually, it does. While that light is lit you will not be able to shift from 1st to 2nd. It will block 2nd gear and you can only do 4th ( haven't tried 3rd yet).

For me its not an issue, as I never shift from 1st at such low speed anyway, and when I do it is in heavy traffic and this feature actually works pretty well for me.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Skip Shift Eliminator

Old 09-30-2006, 10:50 PM
nicosuave
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Actually, it does. While that light is lit you will not be able to shift from 1st to 2nd. It will block 2nd gear and you can only do 4th ( haven't tried 3rd yet).

For me its not an issue, as I never shift from 1st at such low speed anyway, and when I do it is in heavy traffic and this feature actually works pretty well for me.

Ok, so it won't let you shift to 2nd when the light is on, but the light only comes on for a millisecond, and you would hardly ever, if ever, shift from 1st at such low speed and low rpms. Which begs the question...WHY DOES THE CAR WANT YOU TO SHIFT TO 4th at SUCH LOW RPM AND SPEED?! If you do shift to 4th at that speed and rpm, it doesn't do it willingly, the engine hates it, you can tell. The car lurches and creaks and hates it.

Would someone please explain then what is the use of this skip shift eliminator thing. Who would ever shift from 1st during the half millisecond that the 1-->4 light is on, or shift from 1st at 1700 rpm going 5 miles an hour. This just makes no sense. Someone wanna enlighten me?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:58 PM
ZBoater
Pro

Originally Posted by nicosuave
Ok, so it won't let you shift to 2nd when the light is on, but the light only comes on for a millisecond, and you would hardly ever, if ever, shift from 1st at such low speed and low rpms. Which begs the question...WHY DOES THE CAR WANT YOU TO SHIFT TO 4th at SUCH LOW RPM AND SPEED?! If you do shift to 4th at that speed and rpm, it doesn't do it willingly, the engine hates it, you can tell. The car lurches and creaks and hates it.

Would someone please explain then what is the use of this skip shift eliminator thing. Who would ever shift from 1st during the half millisecond that the 1-->4 light is on, or shift from 1st at 1700 rpm going 5 miles an hour. This just makes no sense. Someone wanna enlighten me?
Its a gas saving thing. I'd have to look at the manual to see exactly at what RMP/MPH the light activates, but in reality it works out like this: you are at a red light, cars in front. Light turns green, traffic moves forward SLOWLY. It continues to move slowly for a while. Rather than stay in 2nd or go through the shifts, you can go from 1st to 4th and cruise. Uses up less gas, and I read somewhere it allowed Chevrolet to avoid getting slapped with the federal gas guzzler tax on the Vettes.

When I am driving fast I probably (no one in front) I probably shift from 1st to 2nd at around 30-40mph. That sucks down gas like a hoover vacuum. Fun as heck though. 2nd gets me to almost what? 70mph? So 3rd, 4th and 5th are pretty much useless. I usually shift from 2nd to 5th anyway (self induced skip shifter). Gotta obey those speed limits!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:32 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Best thing I've done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Skip Shift Eliminator