C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Francisco Bay Area Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Horst
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Francisco Bay Area Dealers

I am considering purchasing my first Vette. Does anyone have any recommentations for dealers in the S.F. Bay Area. My wife and I were refused permision to test drive a vehicle in Livermore. We will need at least an hour of driving time to make sure my wife's back will accept the seating.

Horst
Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 PM
rdm1465
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boardwalk Chevrolet in redwood city is a forum supporting dealer. How about giving them a try? I got mine from Putnum Chevrolet in Burlingame, I have also heard that Ellis brooks here in San francisco is ok. Good luck.

Last edited by rdm1465; 07-02-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Brasil
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

contact Carl Walker, GSM for Boarkwalk Cehvrolet in Redowood city. He is a fourm dealer and will take good care of you. Tell him James sent you from Central California. I have an 07 VY MN6 Z51 on order with them.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Horst
Advanced

Do you have Carl Walker's e-mail address?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
rdm1465
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Horst, here is the number for Boardwalk Chevrolet: 1-800-639-8227. You can get to thier website at the selection above (buy a vette) they are at the bottom of that page.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:07 PM
OkCarl
Racer

PM Sent
Old 07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Your best bet is to buy from an Internet dealer outside of the Bay Area & have it drop-shipped.

Otherwise, you'll be getting hosed.

Crown in Dublin, still has $10k markups on their C6's & $30k on their Z's.

I've read & heard horror stories regarding peninsula dealers (hint: do a BBB search on them).
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 PM
myquickZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're willing to drive to Roseville, go to the Roseville Automall and take a look at John L. Sullivan Chevrolet. They have at least 100 Corvettes or more to chose from. Ask for Brian Dalben, the sales manager, tell him Vince sent you. He will give you a very good deal. I got mine in February, and got 4k+ off MSRP. When you're going to spend that kind of money, you want the best deal possible.
On the matter of taking a Corvette out for about an hour, good luck. In the first place you must go with a salesperson on the test drive. Unless you are an old customer, they won't let you and your wife go together.
And, if you do buy from any Chevy dealer, don't buy the extended warranty there. Go straight to GM. It's a heck of alot less money. They'll let you finance the amount with no interest.
Hope you find what you want.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:09 AM
MAGIC CARPET
Intermediate

Default SF Dealers

I agree with "myquickC6."

I bought my 06 C6 from Damian Tipper at John L. Sullivan in Roseville.

It doesn't really matter which dealer you are trying to work with. They are all trying to pry as much money out of your pockets as they can. If you want to make friends go to a public park. You won't find a friend at the car dealership. Stay away from Courtesy in San Jose; rude, mean spirited, and definitely overpriced.

When you go to buy a car you better know the ACTUAL invoice price of the car and the ACTUAL invoice price of all the options. You can get all of this information from FIGHTING CHANCE; just google it. The information will cost you $30 or $40 but will save you hundreds if not thousands.

I got my 06 C6 at $2500 below MSRP; not the best deal that I have seen here on the forum BUT a deal that I can live with. When I was trying to buy, the local bay area dealers weren't budging at all. Not sure if they have come back to reality or if they are still snorting that whacky dust thinking that anyone is actually going topay MSRP (or even better, $5K -$10k over MSRP.)

It doesn't matter where you buy. Just know what things cost. Same thing goes for the extended warranty. I got my 7 year, 56k mile warranty for $1900.

Good Luck.

Remember, if there lips are moving they are lying.

MC
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Sullivan....

Those guys were jackasses to me when I inquired to buy my Vette (circa 09/04).

Their stupidity, lack of professionalism, & failure to treat me as a valuable potential customer cost them a lot of money.

I would never do business with them.

I bought mine online (from a SoCal dealer), they paid for our flights to the LA area, picked us up at the airport & we were out of the dealership in record time.

Last edited by Newton06; 07-03-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:33 AM
supercoolsix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MAGIC CARPET
Stay away from Courtesy in San Jose; rude, mean spirited, and definitely overpriced.

MC
i couldn't agree with you more

they're total
Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Originally Posted by supercoolsix
i couldn't agree with you more

they're total
They were one of the 1st dealers I visited.

The experience almost made me forgo buying a C6.

Total imbeciles.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:29 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Newton06
Sullivan....

Their stupidity, lack of professionalism, & failure to treat me as a valuable potential customer cost them a lot of money.

I bought mine online (from a SoCal dealer), they paid for our flights to the LA area, picked us up at the airport & we were out of the dealership in record time.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by myquickC6
If you're willing to drive to Roseville, go to the Roseville Automall and take a look at John L. Sullivan Chevrolet. They have at least 100 Corvettes or more to chose from. Ask for Brian Dalben, the sales manager, tell him Vince sent you. He will give you a very good deal. I got mine in February, and got 4k+ off MSRP. When you're going to spend that kind of money, you want the best deal possible.
On the matter of taking a Corvette out for about an hour, good luck. In the first place you must go with a salesperson on the test drive. Unless you are an old customer, they won't let you and your wife go together.
And, if you do buy from any Chevy dealer, don't buy the extended warranty there. Go straight to GM. It's a heck of alot less money. They'll let you finance the amount with no interest.
Hope you find what you want.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:35 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They were one of the 1st dealers I visited.

The experience almost made me forgo buying a C6.

Total imbeciles.
A salesman came up to me while I was at Courtesy Chevy. I told him I was just looking and he just about threw me off the lot. I will pay more than buy a car from them.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by jabez
A salesman came up to me while I was at Courtesy Chevy. I told him I was just looking and he just about threw me off the lot. I will pay more than buy a car from them.
I had the same thing happen to me at Santa Rosa Chevrolet. They're one of the slimiest dealerships I've ever been to. They will NEVER see me or my Corvette for any reason, period.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:35 PM
BAWunder
Instructor

Sullivan....

The salesman I did a test drive with couldn't even answer basic quesitons regarding a C6 and even admitted "he didn't know a lot about them". I would think that if I sold Chevys, if there was one vehicle I would know about inside out, it would be the Corvette. We did the test drive just before 5:00 in the afternoon. The salesman's cell phone rang and I could over hear arrangements being made to hookup for some beers after work (quasi-party for someone leaving or birthday can't remember) and my test drive was literally around the block. To the salesman's credit, he did offer to do another more lengthly test drive another day. Yeah, right, I'm all over wasting more of my time so you can go drink beer with your buddies.

Even with a short test drive I could tell I wanted a C6 so I initiated an Internet search and included JLS figuring they can be jerks and not know a damn thing about the car as long as they give me a good price. Damien responded to my inquiries for pricing info. I called him and when I asked what he was willing to for me he said that because I was dealing with the Internet department I would definitly NOT be paying anything more than MSRP!! WOW, what a deal!!!

I'm sure I could have wheeled and dealed and got some sort of deal like mentioned above but I don't have the time nor inclination to waste my time.

The best deal I could find based on my Internet search of 40 NorCal Chevy dealers was $1500 over invoice from Putnum but the gal that handles the Internet side was pretty much a flake. I ended up ordering an '07 from Navato Chevy under GMS pricing which was about $2500 under invoice with my option package.

Get notified of new replies

To San Francisco Bay Area Dealers

Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Rachane
Advanced

Default Ellis Brooks San Francisco

I bought my 06 Coupe from Ellis Brooks in San Francisco and had a superb customer experience with them - which carries through to their Service Department as well. You might contact Sales Manager Don Henschke at 415-776-2400. Web site:

http://www.ellisbrooks.com
Old 07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
djfullshred
Safety Car

Courtesy in San Jose offered a test drive without me having to ask. I ended up ordering from Chase in Stockton, becasue they gave me a better price. The salesman I tried to work with at Courtesy gave me hard-azz attitude that they didn't have to go more than 2k off MSRP because no-one in the Bay Area was going to beat them. I had three better offers within the next three days from other NorCal dealers that weren't the "California Corvette sales leader", and ended up going with Chase, as their salespeople were real helpful, responsive, and gave me a decent price on a factory order. Even received the car exactly within the projected timeframe they estimated.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
grywlfbg
Instructor

Your best bet is to buy from an Internet dealer outside of the Bay Area & have it drop-shipped.

Otherwise, you'll be getting hosed.

Crown in Dublin, still has $10k markups on their C6's & $30k on their Z's.

I've read & heard horror stories regarding peninsula dealers (hint: do a BBB search on them).
Boardwalk in Redwood City is a forum dealer. They've treated several members here very well and offer great prices. They matched what any of the "Internet dealers" were offering on my '06 and I felt a lot more comfortable dealing locally.

They do give test drives but they're fairly short (mine was in a new car). I assume if they have a used C6 on the lot they'd offer a longer drive.

They also sponsor digitalcorvettes.com They're serious about corvettes and aren't afraid to put their name out for potential ridicule here.

N I'm not a shill for them - just happy w/ my purchase experience.

Quick Reply: San Francisco Bay Area Dealers