C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Replacement Roof --- Delaminated Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 PM
excessive81
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just wished they would offer the glass roof to us so we could move on. i dont wan to have to check this everytime i drive the car.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by black05c6z51
i just wished they would offer the glass roof to us so we could move on. i dont wan to have to check this everytime i drive the car.
Just push harder the next time you check the top.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
SH_Eng
Instructor

Thinking "outside-the-box," anyone thought of painting the outside of a transparent top body color? Blocks the sunlight, won't fly off, matches the body color.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brasil
You have to file the Lemon Law in the state in which you live in. Each manufacturer has a third party arbitration system that they use. They are obligated to give you the necessary information. I went through this process with my Cobra, not one, but two times.
Actually you need to file the action in the state in which you took delivery. There is a large lemon law firm that will answer any questions you have on this do a search for Kimmel and Silverman they will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:14 PM
HV80
Intermediate

Default Got mine re-done today.

I got my roof re-done this morning at my dealer here in Houston. They replaced the foam insert and will be getting me a new head liner since some of the adhesive got on to it. My roof was making all the crinkle and cracking noises other members have mentioned so I didn't waste anytime.

Since my C6 is either in the garage at home or the garage at work it doesn't see much sun. This may explain why it didn't delaminate yet. I will be keeping an eye on mine and keep ya'll updated.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Still no budging with Brad at Lou Bachrodt Chevy in Coconut Creek. Seems that Brad (Service Manager) is god in his own world. GM thru Chevy Assistance can do nothing, they cannot seem to even understand how to roof is seperating.

Cannot wait for Lemon Law book, and cannot wait for the next survey. I just bought wife a new SRX , cannot believe I got another GM product. Funny, they (Cadillac) offer a rental car for even a oil change.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 06-11-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:55 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cthusker
I’m waiting to read about the 1st serious accident or worse caused by a flying top!
I avoid driving behind any C6 with a painted top.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Funny, they (Cadillac) offer a rental car for even a oil change.
Whenever I take my C6 back to my Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer for service, they offer me a new Caddy to drive around in, until my vette is ready to go.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by achilds
Actually you need to file the action in the state in which you took delivery. There is a large lemon law firm that will answer any questions you have on this do a search for Kimmel and Silverman they will be happy to answer any questions you have.
That's the problem when you buy products out of state the laws are different than the state you reside in could be better or worse?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Its costing GM $50 plus a day for my rental while I wait for a roof. Mine is not supposed to be in until middle of July. Multiply that times all the cases, and it is significant money.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Low12s
Its costing GM $50 plus a day for my rental while I wait for a roof. Mine is not supposed to be in until middle of July. Multiply that times all the cases, and it is significant money.
What kind of car did you get as a rental? soon the Shelby GT-350 Hertz rent a car will be available 500 of them for rental see if you can get one of those instead.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
What kind of car did you get as a rental? soon the Shelby GT-350 Hertz rent a car will be available 500 of them for rental see if you can get one of those instead.
based on my luck Id get a Aveo .... but heck, the roof will likely stay attached.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Still no budging with Bachrodt Chevy. Seems that Brad (Service Manager) is god in his own world.
Don't know if it is same Bachrodt (Coconut Creek?), but the Parts guy, Mike, was a prince. Seriously. Of course, I got the last clear top they had just this afternoon...

Now that I have mine safely obtained, I can say out loud -- why would Chevy NOT just give up any clear ones that are in the system for the painted one you have coming apart, either permanaently or at least temporarily?

They claim the tops need adjusting, but that has to be minor relative to the total hassle involved with keeping car for weeks...

I love my car, and they got most of it right - dang near perfect, and I know the 'end game' on this issue will be okay, too, but for now it really stinks.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:44 PM
railgun
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
They claim the tops need adjusting, but that has to be minor relative to the total hassle involved with keeping car for weeks...
Adjusting? I bought a used clear top yesterday and it seems to fit fine. I think my silver C6 looks better with the painted top but really wanted both tops from the start...just not for $1600.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:02 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

based on my luck Id get a Aveo .... but heck, the roof will likely stay attached.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 AM
2005ArcticWhite
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'18,'20-'21,'24

Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 AM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by railgun
Adjusting? I bought a used clear top yesterday and it seems to fit fine. I think my silver C6 looks better with the painted top but really wanted both tops from the start...just not for $1600.
Mine also dropped right into place, with no shims or tweaking needed.

Also feel same way about appearance, but this may be one of those things that grows on me. I definitely like the additional light and the view from inside!

I had set aside this AM to do the adjustment, so now here I am on "teh intarnet" instead...

Get notified of new replies

To 3rd Replacement Roof --- Delaminated Again

Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
ZMEGO
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer has ordered a new solid top (no pun intended) for me. They said it should be about 2 weeks until it is ready, but who knows how accurate this time frame is and I don't know how many times this will have to occur until I have a stable top. Because of these concerns and the fact I would rather drive the C6 than a rental I have become a member of the transparent top brigade. I was able to pick up a used transparent top from a forum member (thanks ucla81)
Old 06-10-2006, 12:15 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZMEGO
The dealer has ordered a new solid top (no pun intended) for me. They said it should be about 2 weeks until it is ready, but who knows how accurate this time frame is and I don't know how many times this will have to occur until I have a stable top. Because of these concerns and the fact I would rather drive the C6 than a rental I have become a member of the transparent top brigade. I was able to pick up a used transparent top from a forum member (thanks ucla81)

I'l bet there is going to be a lot of that going around....

Somehow, I see a new poll in our future
Old 06-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Monterrey Bill
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Craigster05
Oh man, this is bad. I feel for you. They should at least be handing out glass replacements until they have a true fix.

Its only a matter of time until a class action suit gets underway.
I haven't had any problem with mine yet, I am affraid to take it
in after reading all this on them, No doubt there will be a problem for sure if I do.

Quick Reply: 3rd Replacement Roof --- Delaminated Again