C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For anyone that has owned or thought of owning a YELLOW Vette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
mlinn1967
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default For anyone that has owned or thought of owning a YELLOW Vette...

OK.....my last 4 new vehicles have been some form of bright Red.....I LOVE RED obviously, but on each of those vehicles I really wanted the Yellow, but talked myself out of it, or the spouse did one. Well, now with the spouse GONE, I have placed the order for my 07 Coupe, and I chose YELLOW! Now, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this......I really love the yellow, but it is SOO DAMN bright, it draws so much attention, but some of that attention is not good. It draws the eyes of losers, vandals and thiefs even more so than other colors, and they probably would love taking a key, knife, or some other instrument to the side of it if they saw it sitting in a parking lot. Has anyone been like me and loved the color but didn't get it because it was just so loud you just didn't want to draw the attention? I hope I don't regret it, but I guess I'll stick with the Yellow and see how it goes......Thanks to GM eliminating the best RED ever in Torch Red, it made my decision a little easier....
Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
TMyers
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love yellow, my truck is yellow, my wife Mustang GT is yellow and so is my Vette. It looks good in all lighting conditions, does not show dirt very bad and it is a noticable. Most of the time when I have been on cruises with other Vette owners I bring up the rear because even in a 20 car line it is easy for the lead driver to see.

As far as undesirable I think it is the car much more than the color. This car looks good regardless of the color.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Yellow is flashy and bright in daylight.

Yellow is flashy and bright under streetlights.

If you don't want to attract attention, then yellow is not the color for you.

However, if you like people to notice your ride (and you have to take the good with the bad on that one) then yellow is the king of the hill.

Last edited by ProfMoriarty; 05-24-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
lancebux
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it definately takes a certain mindset, but that being said, evertime I my car I fall in love with it again.

I haven't had any problems with vandals of thugs. No one has messed with my car, and it is by no means a garage queen.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 PM
mlinn1967
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Lancebux,
Do you have chrome wheels on your Velocity yellow Vette? I have been wanting to see what the yellow looks like with the Chrome wheels....could you post some pics or email them to champion1050@yahoo.com???
Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
steveo242
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a yellow 'stang and I got rid of it pretty quickly, I liked the yellow until I owned it.

I still like it, just not my bag. Black sheep through and through...

Though, if I had to do over again, I would consider LMB as that has continued to grow on me...

That's just it, color is so personal...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Hebstar11
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mlinn1967
OK.....my last 4 new vehicles have been some form of bright Red.....I LOVE RED obviously, but on each of those vehicles I really wanted the Yellow, but talked myself out of it, or the spouse did one. Well, now with the spouse GONE, I have placed the order for my 07 Coupe, and I chose YELLOW! Now, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this......I really love the yellow, but it is SOO DAMN bright, it draws so much attention, but some of that attention is not good. It draws the eyes of losers, vandals and thiefs even more so than other colors, and they probably would love taking a key, knife, or some other instrument to the side of it if they saw it sitting in a parking lot. Has anyone been like me and loved the color but didn't get it because it was just so loud you just didn't want to draw the attention? I hope I don't regret it, but I guess I'll stick with the Yellow and see how it goes......Thanks to GM eliminating the best RED ever in Torch Red, it made my decision a little easier....
I was under the assumption torch red and victory red were pretty much the same, I saw a victory red vette and I couldn't tell the difference.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:52 PM
TMyers
Race Director

Oh forgot to add the only problem with Yeloow is bugs. The biggest magnet around for attracting them.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
lancebux
Instructor

Nope, they're polished
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
Yellow is flashy and bright in daylight.

Yellow is flashy and bright under streetlights.

If you don't want to attract attention, then yellow is not the color for you.

However, if you like people to notice your ride (and you have to take the good with the bad on that one) then yellow is the king of the hill.
If you want to drive a "stealth" machine and not be noticed then in reality a C6 might not be all that "stealth". Regardless of the particular color chosen. Folks look at them because they are so
Old 05-24-2006, 09:54 PM
DANNOV
Burning Brakes

Yellow Corvettes won at LeMans, Sebring and a lot of other places. That is enough for me. If it is good enough for the racing team it is more than acceptable for us common people. Yellow is the racing color.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:55 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Yellow is a STANDOUT SCREAMING LOUD color..... if you're trying to fly a little under the radar it's not the color to have. If you're trying to catch people's attention VY is the ticket... no pun intended. It does however look good on most vettes....
Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Yellow DOES attract a lot of attention, more than my Torch red 00 did. But it's also the car more than the color. Ever since I first laid eyes on Mill. yellow back in 2000 I was obsessed with it. So much so that I searched for a USED 05 just so I could have Mill. Yellow.
I also like V.Y. but prefer the warmer shade of M.Y.
Get the Yellow! I have NEVER second guessed my decision.I'ts my favorite color for Corvette C5 or C6.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 PM
lemans06conv
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Get what YOU want. I thought about yellow, but it was a bit loud for my taste. There are NO bad colors on any C6. Hell even a pink one would look cool. OK maybe a stretch.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:02 PM
TMyers
Race Director

Originally Posted by cthusker
Yellow is a STANDOUT SCREAMING LOUD color..... if you're trying to fly a little under the radar it's not the color to have. If you're trying to catch people's attention VY is the ticket... no pun intended. It does however look good on most vettes....
I really think yellow is great for flying under the radar. It does well because people are so shocked by the color that they forget everything else. I must pass 2-3 cops a day on my way to work I don't run a front plate. I'm telling you the color is blinding.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:31 PM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

When I decided to buy a C6 the yellow is one of the things that sold me! I think you either love it or hate it. I have had people tell me "Oh, my God, yellow?" or call it Big Bird or the Bumblebee and then others that just go crazy over the color. For me it was the only choice! It is for sure an attention getter, and if that bothers you I suggest a more subdued color. If it's what you want, get it, or you will wish you did every time you see one!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:34 PM
djfullshred
Safety Car

I had to get yellow when I first saw it at the auto show...now that I've had it for a few days, I can definately agree it attracts a LOT of attention. Lots of stares by people when I'm driving, and people come up to look at it when I'm parked. To be honest I get a little uncomfortable sometimes with the attention, but sometimes I don't mind feeling like a rock star when I'm driving it. It may take a little while to get used to the 'interactive' experience I have with other drivers when I am out cruising. I'm so used to being anonymous in my Tacoma 4X4.

Anyhow I am probably the biggest offender of gawking at my own car, and I chose the color because it was pleasing to me - and that's how you gotta pick 'em.

Get notified of new replies

To For anyone that has owned or thought of owning a YELLOW Vette...

Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
VetteramI
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Love my Yellow. The Brightest and the Best Color.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Perfect Light
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 32 Posts

For what it's worth, we bought our VY without ever seeing the color in person. There weren't any VY cars in all of Washington or Oregon at the time we were ready to purchase. We had seen pictures, but you have to admit that pictures never really tell the true story. About 3-4 weeks or so into our order we started getting cold feet about the color because we hadn't seen it in person. Did another search and by that time there was a VY at one of the local dealerships. We took a nice drive (since the dealership was about 30 miles away) and were disappointed that we didn't see it at first. They had all the other colors on the lot except yellow. We were getting ready to leave and rounded the corner by the showroom and there it was. Oh. My. Gosh. What a beauty! From that milli-second forward we were in LOVE and knew VY was for us.

You have to get the color that feels right for you. Try to see all the colors in person if you can (I know that's not always easy) and pick the one that best suits you.

Heather
Old 05-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

I originally ordered a LMB 05 coupe. But there was a MY coupe in the showroom. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I changed my mind and bought the yellow one. Never thought I'd own a yellow car. I love it! It really looks good in almost every lighting condition.

Quick Reply: For anyone that has owned or thought of owning a YELLOW Vette...