C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Think I got the "OK" to Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
2Laidback
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I Think I got the "OK" to Order

Holy wait and see batman!
I do believe I just got the "ok" to order my Vert. My wife is wanting to see the Triple black vert with the top up, so if you have any pics that could persuade her I would love to see them. Gettin' Triple black, auto 6spd, power top, Z51, 3LT for $6k under Sticker. I thought it wasn't too bad of a deal...now I just need some awesome wheels. Jsut thought I'd share! Been crusing the board for a while now and finally have something to say!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Hippiehead025
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the madness.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Laidback
I do believe I just got the "ok" to order my Vert. My wife is wanting to see the Triple black vert with the top up, so if you have any pics that could persuade her I would love to see them. Gettin' Triple black, auto 6spd, power top, Z51, 3LT for $6k under Sticker. I thought it wasn't too bad of a deal...now I just need some awesome wheels. Jsut thought I'd share! Been crusing the board for a while now and finally have something to say!
Congrats, 6k off is pretty darn good (06 not 05?) It was funny how I got the wifes approval. I wanted an 06 vert. I went there and started drolling over a new a just arrived ZO 6, she said thats silly, when a convertible is so much less money. It was like OK, that will work I wear the pants........... under my apron!! I just realized, if it's an auto 6 speed, it is a 06, sounds like a pretty good deal IMO.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:01 PM
collectskulls
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
lemans06conv
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats man. Time to stock up on acc. My fiance didn't need any convincing--maybe because we are not married yet.

It went something like this. "Hon I am ordering an 06 Corvette." "Your money?" she replied. I quickly said "yep" End of story.

She will be afraid to ride in the car, she thinks it's to showy. I told her I would tint the windows for her after we pick up from NCM.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:29 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
JJC1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2Laidback
just curious is the wife vickie vale or catwoman, either way sounds like she's in charge.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

You guys are serious with the asking the wifie thing? Grow some *****!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife didnt want to belive it, surpise, surpise...Once a addict, always addict, I shoc her

Last edited by JC7; 04-27-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
Old 04-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Hoosier Red
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 AM
grywlfbg
Instructor

You've obviously never been married or you're already divorced. Grow up.

Would you not want to be included in your SO's $50K buying decisions? What if she "grows some *****" and buys a house with no garage? Like it or not, when you get married you're a team - $50K is a big purchase for most people and you should get your SO's buy-in.

I'm sure you'll go far in both relationships and your professional life with that attitude.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Catchindirtbags
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I did my purchase spur of the moment on way home from work. Not EXACTLY spur of the moment since I had gone by a local dealership the day before to sit in a C6 since I hadn't before. That salesman blew it with me, so tried another dealer.

I called wife told her I was at dealership and would be home later and we'd go get some sushi in my new Corvette she asked some questions like are you trading in the truck or the BMW and was I getting a loan, paying cash and if a loan was it with the bank I told her the truck, loan for 45% of purchase and yes she laughed a bit and she said "I am so happy for you, you sound really excited."

She makes her own great money and does her own thing we have our shared accounts that take care of the expenses of life and savings/investments anything else we pretty much leave each other alone. Like the I am at the dealership conversation we do check in with each other quickly and had she said come home lets chat I would have.

While it is easy for me I will say I totally agree it should be a shared decision for most I don't see a conversation as lacking ***** but more of a respect thing.

Sometimes though I do sort of cringe when guys go a bit overboard with the permission thing (not referring at all to the OP)

Personally I wouldn't be married to some woman that just let me roll over her. I likes my wimmins to be strong and independent and I just make sure they understand that I will be the same.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:40 AM
67Roadster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Very Cool
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 AM
oak3x
Burning Brakes

I guess that is why I am still single. I pose no restrictions on others, and expect none posed on me. If you have the funds, there shouldn't be much of a question. Enjoy Life!

Congrats, by the way!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Once I got the OK, actually the push to buy my C6, a strange transformation came over my wife.

She went from "To me, a car is a car, but get whatever you want, I want you to be happy" to "Can we please take the Vette?" everywhere we go...Im now an expert at taking the targa top off and on quickly!

Ive always found that including my wife has made her get into things with me that she normally never would have. And it's always good to have your Significant Other there to help you play "Good Cop/Bad Cop" at the dealer if you have to.

Last edited by Craigster05; 04-27-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 AM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Ah, the "I am the man" syndrome. Well for me, it's nice to have a MUTUAL agreement on large purchases. I find WE both enjoy them more when you don't use your leverage, and buy something "cause you can" without respect to each other. I have only been married once, I want to keep it that way. This car is hardly a need purchase. There's only the two of us. WE now have 4 cars, and 2 Harleys (she does not ride) so I think she's been more than fair. She "agreed" to this purchase alot easier (about 15 minutes or so once at the dealer) than I would have thought, that just made it easier, I think the looks of a C6 vert helped alot

She even LET ME order the Z51 package. and Even let me accumulate several mods, the new wheels are in the living room, I better move them, before I get in trouble!

Seriously, if letting the one you love have input on a 50+K purchase, is lacking *****, well, whatever. We enjoy what we have, if we can't pay for it, we don't buy it. I feel so ashamed now, I might not even LET HER drive it, so I can measure up.

Hey most importantly, enjoy the new ride, that is the real point, Right!

Last edited by 2HD's2vettes; 04-27-2006 at 08:11 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To I Think I got the "OK" to Order

Old 04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
2Laidback
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Guys (and maybe gals).

I'm a quick learner, going out and just spending $55k for a toy wouldn't really be honoring or respecting my wife's role in our marriage. (that might have sounded too counselor-ish) But anyway. I am trying to see if a local place can match the offer or just do a courtesy delivery if they can't step up to the plate. Has anyone gotten a delivery from another dealership to your home town dealership and gotten crap treatment from the service dept? That was really my only concern with doing the buy from Kerbeck to Tampa.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I called my wife from Vegas (SEAMA SHOW) and told her I saw a C6 that looked realy nice. Two weeks later I told her we were going to order a new convertible. She asked if I was going to sell our 2000 FRC or trade it in? When I said no She told me before I even thought about a second Vette she wanted a new computer, a new car for her, and the basement finished. I kept her awake that nite hammering in the basement, ordered her a new Dell, and bought her a new Equinox.
The MR vert should be in next month. I should add that before we got married (34 years ago) I told her there were two things I would always have, cars and guns.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:24 PM
fts
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it before she changes her mind.

Quick Reply: I Think I got the "OK" to Order