C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick fob question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:40 AM
C6Manny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick fob question

I have noticed that every time I enter my car, my personal settings do not come up unless i press the #1 on the memory door buttons. Is there a way to make it so every time i come into the car, it will detect all fo my settings without me having to press the # 1?
I have been trying to search for a solution to this, but i have not found anything.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:50 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Manny
I have noticed that every time I enter my car, my personal settings do not come up unless i press the #1 on the memory door buttons. Is there a way to make it so every time i come into the car, it will detect all fo my settings without me having to press the # 1?
I have been trying to search for a solution to this, but i have not found anything.
Not sure but I think you have to hold the button down for a few secs for it to set.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:05 AM
oobatz
Racer

Do you have the auto exit feature set and is your car a manual? If the answer is yes to both of those questions then you must always press the memory button to bring the seat back to your setting. The auto's will do this automatically IF you have the Auto Memory Recall feature set to on once you start the car.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 AM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by oobatz
Do you have the auto exit feature set and is your car a manual? If the answer is yes to both of those questions then you must always press the memory button to bring the seat back to your setting. The auto's will do this automatically IF you have the Auto Memory Recall feature set to on once you start the car.
I have an auto and when you push the start it automatically sets my settings, it's a feature.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

This only works if your tall but.... I set my exit memory to the same settings as I drive in. Since my seat is all the way back anyways and moving the wheel in and out doesnt make much difference in climbing out this means that after my wife (or anyone else) drives the car the exit memory puts everything back in my driving position for me so I dont have to hit the memory button.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
C6Manny
Racer

Originally Posted by oobatz
Yes my car is manual, and ive tried it with the auto exit recall option on and off and both ways i have to press memory button. The only difference is that with the auto exit option on, the seat goes all the way back when i exit the car. I guess manual cars just have to deal with it.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:43 AM
C6Manny
Racer

Originally Posted by crabman
This only works if your tall but.... I set my exit memory to the same settings as I drive in. Since my seat is all the way back anyways and moving the wheel in and out doesnt make much difference in climbing out this means that after my wife (or anyone else) drives the car the exit memory puts everything back in my driving position for me so I dont have to hit the memory button.
Well this solution only takes care of the seat part. Nt all of the other settings such as auto lock and unlock. etc...
Old 04-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Yes, for seat driving position in a manual tranny car, you must press the memory button to move it into position. Exit position will automatically set for you when you open the door.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:14 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Well this solution only takes care of the seat part. Nt all of the other settings such as auto lock and unlock. etc...

First, make sure you are using fob 1 all the time. A number of folks have had intermittent memory problems and it turned out they had been grabbing the wrong fob. Wives and such that may be driving your car should not be using your fob. They may not be aware that the fobs are different. Once you know you are using the correct fob and others are not using the incorrect fob then make sure you set memory 1 to your settings. Make sure anyone else is using fob 2 and they use memory 2. As already stated a stick will not go to memory like an auto. Somewhere in what I just typed you will find your problem.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the owner's manual:

If your vehicle has this feature, memory can program and recall the settings for the driver’s seating position. The controls for this feature are located on the driver’s door. The numbers on the back of the keyless access transmitters, 1 and 2, correspond to the numbers on the memory buttons. To program each button, use the following steps: 1. Adjust the settings for the driver’s seat position, both outside mirrors and the telescopic steering column position to a comfortable driving position. 2. Press and hold button 1 until two beeps are heard, then release the button. Your settings are now programmed. A second seating, mirror and telescopic steering column position can be programmed by repeating the above steps and pressing button 2 for driver 2. To recall a memory position, do one of the following: • If you have an automatic transmission vehicle, press and release the desired button 1 or 2 while the vehicle is in PARK (P). A single beep will sound and the memory position will be recalled after a brief delay. If the vehicle is not in PARK (P), three beeps will sound and the memory position will not be recalled. • If you have a manual transmission vehicle, press and release the desired button 1 or 2. If the vehicle is on, the parking brake needs to be set to recall the memory position. A single beep will sound and the memory position will be recalled after a brief delay. If the vehicle is on and the parking brake is not set, three beeps will sound and the memory position will not be recalled. If your vehicle has the Auto Memory Recall feature and it is turned on in the Driver Information Center (DIC), the seat, mirrors and telescopic steering column position will automatically adjust to their programmed positions when the engine is started. See “Auto Memory Recall” under DIC Vehicle Personalization on page 3-67 for more information. To stop recall movement of the memory feature at any time, press one of the power seat controls, power mirror control buttons, memory buttons, or the telescopic steering column switch.

Also from pp. 3-67:

DIC Vehicle Personalization
Many features on your vehicle can be personalized.
This means that the operation of these features can be
set to operate differently depending on who is driving
the vehicle. See “Personal Options” later in this section
for the features that you can personalize.
The personalization settings for other features are
automatically updated and saved as the driver adjusts
them. These include the following settings and presets:
• The radio presets, tone, volume, fade,
balance, equalization (EQ) settings and source
(radio or CD)
• The last climate control setting
• The Head-Up Display (HUD) position and dimming
level, if equipped
• The instrument panel cluster dimming level and last
selected DIC display
Separate personalization settings are saved for
two different drivers. One of the keyless access
transmitters is assigned to driver 1. The other is
assigned to driver 2. The back of the keyless access
transmitters are labelled 1 or 2 to correspond to
each driver.
The current driver’s preferences are recalled when
one of the following occurs:
• The lock or unlock button on the keyless access
transmitter, labelled 1 or 2, is pressed.
• The appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on
the driver’s door is pressed. See Memory on
page 2-66 for more information.
• A valid keyless access transmitter is detected upon
opening the driver’s door.
If more than one valid keyless access transmitter is
detected upon opening the driver’s door, the driver
preferences for the lowest driver number will be recalled.
If a keyless access transmitter that is not labelled
1 or 2 is used, the personalization system will not
recognize the transmitter. The Driver Information
Center (DIC) will not display a current driver number
and the features that are normally programmed through
the DIC will be set to the default states. Also, if the
OPTION button is pressed, the DIC does not display the
menus used to set personalizations, but instead
displays OPTIONS UNAVAILABLE for a few seconds.

Get notified of new replies

To quick fob question

Quick Reply: quick fob question