C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Annual Renewal

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM
CaptSS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Annual Renewal

I know this is subject is a tired one, but I still have to put my .02 in. My annual subscription expires 04-24. I received a post card in the mail with a renewal rate of $142.44 a year plus taxes. I called CS, spoke to a woman with an Indian accent and asked if I could have the $77 annual rate. She gave it to me. No questions asked. No mention of codes, special promotions, ZWINBACK... nothing.

Couldn't have been easier!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
ambitin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's awesome. Good information for those with XM.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:16 AM
PappyTinker
Melting Slicks

Location: Life ain't no dress rehearsal, are you gonna wait to get your toys til AFTER you have a heart attack?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish that I could have gotten what I wanted without having to get darn XM radio, too. After the free period ends, I am going to try to find the fuse for it and pull it. Waste of money IMO. I already have about 40 disks with MP3 music I like on them.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 AM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Mine expired on 3/23. I received no postcards or reminders in the mail. I had been planning to renew with the ZWINBACK code, but about two days before the expiration, an XM representative called my house and got my wife. The conversation went like this:

XM Rep: Hi, I'm from XM Radio and wanted to let you know your 3-month trial period on your 2006 Corvette is about to expire and let you know about what deals we're offering for renewals.
Wife: Oh. You'll have to talk to my husband, it's his car, and he's not home right now. Could you call back some other time?
XM Rep: Have him call us, but you should warn him that if he doesn't call us back before we turn the radio off, he'll have to pay a reactivation fee to have it turned back on, and that will be on top of the renewal fee.
Wife: Ok, I'll "warn" him.

I decided at that moment that I will not be doing business with this company. They cut the signal on 3/27, and never our paths shall meet again.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:28 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Seems like the $77 deal is getting easier to get.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:45 AM
joeking
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I picked my car up about a month ago and called the 800# and told them about the ZWINBACK and I had the $77.00 deal going in 5 minutes no problems. I like the XM but prefer the Sirius and would not be without a satelite radio. I get tired of CD's and love to hear all the different songs. I believe satelite radio will be a standard item for most people in 10 years or less.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:52 AM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you didn't have any problems getting the $77 deal. I just renewed mine a week ago after the free trial expired, and it was TERRIBLE getting someone to accept the code. I called back about 6 times over a three day period and got all kind of excuses why they couldn't take it. Finally I got someone who acted like they knew what customer service was all about, and was done in 3 minutes.

I think that XM is pretty good, but I was about to throw my hands up and live without it. I wasn't going to pay $150 a year when everyone else is paying $77.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
C6SNOOPY
Pro

Finally, I got the $77 deal. Only took about 4 tries over the last month.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:52 PM
PappyTinker
Melting Slicks

Location: Life ain't no dress rehearsal, are you gonna wait to get your toys til AFTER you have a heart attack?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeking
I picked my car up about a month ago and called the 800# and told them about the ZWINBACK and I had the $77.00 deal going in 5 minutes no problems. I like the XM but prefer the Sirius and would not be without a satelite radio. I get tired of CD's and love to hear all the different songs. I believe satelite radio will be a standard item for most people in 10 years or less.
I have the player with a 6 CD changer. Each of the MP3 CDs have about 220 songs on them. 6 X 220 = 1320. 1320 X about 3 min per song = 66 hours of play time. If I get bored with one disk thats in the player, I exchange it for one of the others in my library I have burned that contains songs I know I like.

I have over 7000 songs of various genres already on my PC (ripped from CDs I own) so if I feel like having a different selection of songs I just burn a new MP3 disk. That way I have songs that I know I want to listen to, not songs someone else thinks I want.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:28 PM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PappyTinker
I have the player with a 6 CD changer. Each of the MP3 CDs have about 220 songs on them. 6 X 220 = 1320. 1320 X about 3 min per song = 66 hours of play time. If I get bored with one disk thats in the player, I exchange it for one of the others in my library I have burned that contains songs I know I like.

I have over 7000 songs of various genres already on my PC (ripped from CDs I own) so if I feel like having a different selection of songs I just burn a new MP3 disk. That way I have songs that I know I want to listen to, not songs someone else thinks I want.
I have my iPod hard-wired into the head unit, but sometimes I find myself without said iPod, so I have filled the changer with MP3 discs as well.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Annual Renewal

Quick Reply: XM Annual Renewal