C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Embroidery Work for C6 Logo

Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Embroidery Work for C6 Logo

Where Can I get some Embroidery Work done with the C6 Logo??
Old 03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
vettnutt
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
lagogarda
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor 06

Old 03-21-2006, 04:14 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by BgBoost1

Here is the deal. We have the logo, and my wife is starting a business. Looking to hire some FOBs (fresh of boaters) to help out, since we have a new born. Once we find this person we can take some logo orders. We already have the machine and I will post a picture of a shirt she made for me with the c-6 logo. Looks great!!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:22 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

First you have to remember that if you use any "official looking" logo's its been copy right protected. We tried to get some local shops to do some custom work for our Corvette Club. None of them would touch our request with a 10 foot pole. It's called Copy Right Infringement.

Big companies like Coca-Cola, GM etc are funny about these things, and they have hundreds of lawyers just waiting to show you who's boss.

Good luck.

Tom
Old 03-21-2006, 04:24 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by HyperX
Here is the deal. We have the logo, and my wife is starting a business. Looking to hire some FOBs (fresh of boaters) to help out, since we have a new born. Once we find this person we can take some logo orders. We already have the machine and I will post a picture of a shirt she made for me with the c-6 logo. Looks great!!
I am looking to get some C6 Logo's into the Headrest of my leather seats. I already had the seat covers off, and ready for the logo. I can ship them to you whenever you are ready. I understand the New Born thing, you guys are definitely busy!

Let me know what kind of time frame you are thinking. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
First you have to remember that if you use any "official looking" logo's its been copy right protected. We tried to get some local shops to do some custom work for our Corvette Club. None of them would touch our request with a 10 foot pole. It's called Copy Right Infringement.

Big companies like Coca-Cola, GM etc are funny about these things, and they have hundreds of lawyers just waiting to show you who's boss.

Good luck.

Tom
Tom - I am with you, and am not looking to get into trouble. BUT I am thinking that someone with a Officially Licensed Logo, can do the work for me. Make Sense??

I took it to a local shop and they are telling me $200 to "Digitize the Image"......Then $20 ea for the Embroidery work. I thought that was too expensive. The guy I spoke with told me he didn't care about the copyright, because he knew I would not turn him in.

Thanks for the info!
BgBoost1

Last edited by BgBoost1; 03-21-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:40 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AFVETTE

Good luck.

Tom

I dont think GM will do more than send a letter to stop anyone from doing this in small numbers. The last thing GM wants is bad publicity. Sometimes you have to take advantage of this.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

I am looking to get some C6 Logo's into the Headrest of my leather seats. I already had the seat covers off, and ready for the logo. I can ship them to you whenever you are ready. I understand the New Born thing, you guys are definitely busy!

Let me know what kind of time frame you are thinking. Thanks!

Hey I PMed you. Send me your email address and I will send you the digitized logo. Save yourself the $200 the guy wants and do it at a local shop. I would hate to have any of you guys wait for our little sweat shop to be ready... I got the logo from someone on this board, so I don't mind emailing it to whoever wants it - for free of course.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I have a nice deal for you hatch cover on my web site many members have gotten them and were shocked of the quality of this work (best I have see by far) I only have a limited number left. They are for the hatch cover only.

LINK TO ORDER
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BGBOOST1- Your avatar looks like a new silver champagne color, very cool color. Blow that photo up lets see it.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
jackinwy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Logo

I am interested in an embroidered logo which would fit the engine hood liner in the C6. I don'tbelieve spending $500. + including shipping costs for an engine hood liner makes sense, particularly when you already have one, and the shipping back your EOM in exchange is too costly. Please let all here know if such a project is possible for your machine
Old 03-21-2006, 05:32 PM
BKNIMKR
Safety Car

Location: Chino Hills, Ca. You are completely safe with me, I'm a good screamer.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think GM will do more than send a letter to stop anyone from doing this in small numbers. The last thing GM wants is bad publicity. Sometimes you have to take advantage of this.
I too am interested in the logo and won't say a peep about it. However, I am in the garment manufacturing business, and licensing is held close to the heart. If you think that little guys just get letters, you'd be surprised. I've seen a few places get shut down. I just want to let you know it happens. As far as I'm concerned, I hope things work out. To them its "copyright protection" not bad publicity. I have worked for many swimsuit brands and have been told to sign confidentiality agreements. They even count their labels to make sure they don't wind up in the wrong hands. It's crazy!

martin
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by BKNIMKR
I too am interested in the logo and won't say a peep about it. However, I am in the garment manufacturing business, and licensing is held close to the heart. If you think that little guys just get letters, you'd be surprised. I've seen a few places get shut down. I just want to let you know it happens. As far as I'm concerned, I hope things work out. To them its "copyright protection" not bad publicity. I have worked for many swimsuit brands and have been told to sign confidentiality agreements. They even count their labels to make sure they don't wind up in the wrong hands. It's crazy!

martin
Makes sense to me.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 PM
bluecarguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
I have a nice deal for you hatch cover on my web site many members have gotten them and were shocked of the quality of this work (best I have see by far) I only have a limited number left. They are for the hatch cover only.

LINK TO ORDER
Ed,

Is that an iron on or is the cover itself embroidered?

thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

I have the hatch cover from Ed. It's done with Ed's usual careful attention to detail. It's not the easiest thing to place the logo in the center and also have everything smooth.

Thanks, Ed.
Frank
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by bluecarguy
Ed,

Is that an iron on or is the cover itself embroidered?

thanks

It's by far the highest quality embroidered emblem you will find and I apply it as not to ruin your $100 hatch cover. You can't embroider the cover it self, since its a stretch material. If you take it to have it done, not only will you be charged 100+ you will have pucker lines/marks all around it.

Last edited by Pipedreams; 03-21-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Embroidery Work for C6 Logo

Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
I have the hatch cover from Ed. It's done with Ed's usual careful attention to detail. It's not the easiest thing to place the logo in the center and also have everything smooth.

Thanks, Ed.
Frank
Thanks, I have one tucked away with your name on it for the next corvette
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 PM
CAR Motorsports
Instructor

CAR Motorsports is a leader in Corvette custom embroidery applications. We offer a wide range of C6 embroidery options to include the headrests. We feature the use of German Madeira Thread in all of our embroidery work. Best of all, you may seamlessly integrate the products you purchase with identical and matching/complimenting embroidery. Call us for a personalized C6 product experience.

Rich
CAR Motorsports
www.carmotorsports.com
1-877-367-2279...toll free
678-574-4298...direct Atlanta
Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 PM
bluecarguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
It's by far the highest quality embroidered emblem you will find and I apply it as not to ruin your $100 hatch cover. You can't embroider the cover it self, since its a stretch material. If you take it to have it done, not only will you be charged 100+ you will have pucker lines/marks all around it.

Thanks Ed, Looks like another thing I gotta get ...after the car arrives!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Embroidery Work for C6 Logo