C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunvisor Warning Lables

Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 AM
BlackZ51Vett
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunvisor Warning Lables

I remember some time ago a thread about someone making a replacement warning lable to cover the ugle factory one. I did a search with no luck. Anyone out there remember who/where? )
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes..only a few made and thus only a few of us got them... then the concern over the GM-Corvette licensing thing killed the project.
Michael
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 AM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't find them on this forum, search eBay with the key words C6 Corvette visor and you will find a couple of options.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 AM
sd455ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by xs650
If you can't find them on this forum, search eBay with the key words C6 Corvette visor and you will find a couple of options.
Just take them off...mine came off in five minutes, in one piece using a hot hair blower & tweezers to start it!

Rich
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
sonny1
Advanced

Default Don't believe...

I read all the posts about how easy the stickers are to get off. DON'T believe it! I used a hair dryer to pull mine off and I now have two white squares where the sticker were, tried Goo Gone to get the squares off, didn't work, and I finall went to a fabric store and bought some spray dye and sprayed the visors which helped, but you can still see where the stickers were, A real horror show when you are talking about a $60,000 car. GM should be ashamed for putting permanent adhesive on a sticker that warns about baby seats!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:28 AM
sd455ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by sonny1
I read all the posts about how easy the stickers are to get off. DON'T believe it! I used a hair dryer to pull mine off and I now have two white squares where the sticker were, tried Goo Gone to get the squares off, didn't work, and I finall went to a fabric store and bought some spray dye and sprayed the visors which helped, but you can still see where the stickers were, A real horror show when you are talking about a $60,000 car. GM should be ashamed for putting permanent adhesive on a sticker that warns about baby seats!
It's not GM, it's your "US Federal Government" that is so stupid as to make the vehicle manufacturers, put a vision safety hazard right in front of your eyeballs!

For them, it is just like the "warning" on a pack of cigarettes...

If it took more than 5 minutes, you did not learn the correct technique...

Rich

Rich
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Before we beat on anyone too much for having trouble removing the stickers:
On my C5, I used a hair dryer and removed the stickers as soon as I got the car home. They both came off easily and left no residue.
A year later, one of the visors was replaced under warranty (mirror came loose). Of course, the new visor had the same label on it. Of course, I got out the hair dryer and removed it. This one was a real b!tch to remove, and it left a faint mark that 4 years of trying with different chemicals was never able to remove.
Apparently, not all visors are created equal.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Black N Beaching
Racer

I found black decals slightly larger and covered those miserable visual distractions...
Old 03-20-2006, 12:44 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
On my C5, I used a hair dryer and removed the stickers as soon as I got the car home. They both came off easily and left no residue.
A year later, one of the visors was replaced under warranty (mirror came loose). Of course, the new visor had the same label on it. Of course, I got out the hair dryer and removed it. This one was a real b!tch to remove, and it left a faint mark that 4 years of trying with different chemicals was never able to remove.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the visors come from multiple sources and are built to a GM spec. Since removability of the stickers isn't something GM promotes, the glue spec would most likely only cover outgassing and how well it kept the stickers on.

Or, the replacement visor may have been sitting in a warehouse for a year or more while the glue petrified.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:51 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Another project (and moneymaking opportunity) for Ed.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM
John B.
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Visor Stickers

I recieved my stickers in the mail today,CF member who makes them will give forum members a discount.Or you can buy them on ebay at full price.....
Old 03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Boriszeke
Advanced

I leave mine on to keep the car original, but thats how I think. When it comes time to sell a completely origional car will get more cash.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
ChuckTu
Racer

Originally Posted by John B.
I recieved my stickers in the mail today,CF member who makes them will give forum members a discount.Or you can buy them on ebay at full price.....
What do they look like? Can you PM me the details or show pictures?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
SellingBMWforC6
Pro

Originally Posted by Boriszeke
I leave mine on to keep the car original, but thats how I think. When it comes time to sell a completely origional car will get more cash.
Generally I agree...but skeptical removing two little stickers will lower your resale - Unless you plan to hold onto the car for the next 40 years.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:46 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
2001 was the last year of the "easy to remove" stickers. You probably got a 2002 visor as a replacement. That is when the super glue started.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by C-INRED
Another project (and moneymaking opportunity) for Ed.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Boriszeke
If I were buying my car for someone else, I would ask them what they wanted.

I'm buying it for myself. So bleep them and the horses they pranced in on.

Get notified of new replies

To Sunvisor Warning Lables

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunvisor Warning Lables