C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
CaptSS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!

I took my car to Van Chevrolet (I know - it's a bad telaership, but very close to my home and on the way to work) for the following

1. Roof Recall
2. Service Fuel System
3. Engine Light On
4. Carpet coming up in the back
5. Trunk release button inoperable

I drop it off at 9 AM and ask for a rental/loaner. Service rep says we may be able to get you back in the car this aft. HA!! I KNOW BETTER!!
So I'm playing this out in my head.... courtesy van takes me home, I wait for a call this aft that they will need the car overnight, so come back up and we will put you in a rental.

Well, guess what. Courtesy van takes me home & I get a call in the afternoon to come back up and get a rental! What a PITA! Can't these guys think outside the box?!?!?!?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

You are lucky.. MOST Chevy dealers WONT give loaner cars..
Old 03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
2bubbas
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alex Levy
I agree! Never ever been offered the use of one.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:17 PM
mcb
Instructor

I had the opposite experience yesterday. Took my '05 MY convertible to Holler Chevrolet in Winter Park, FL to have the Onstar unit upgraded to digital. I was offered a loaner immediately. I waited three hours at the dealership while the techs tried to get the new unit to work. At that point, the service rep, John Duke, came to me and pretty much forced me into a loaner for the afternoon. He even offered to have the car washed (I turned this down). I had almost given up on that dealership for service, but this rep has kept me there!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Levy
Maybe because it's a small local dealer, all I need to do is ask.
Usually it's easier for their van to drive me. Sometimes they even drop my finished car off at the house for me. Like I say maybe it's a small town thing, but it's nice not to sweat these these service details.
Of course, small again, so it takes 3 visits to fix something!
Such is life....
Old 03-16-2006, 11:45 PM
mnmvette
Racer

Sounds like you need a new dealer. My hometown guys offer a car on every visit, whether I just want to go to lunch or need it for days.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
GTC
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Originally Posted by mcb
I had the opposite experience yesterday. Took my '05 MY convertible to Holler Chevrolet in Winter Park, FL to have the Onstar unit upgraded to digital. I was offered a loaner immediately. I waited three hours at the dealership while the techs tried to get the new unit to work. ...
At least they tried to take care of you. And on a tangent, geeze, that doesn't make me want to even attempt getting the digital onstar upgrade for my '05.

The chevy dealer I've used in Austin has tried to take care of me with rentals; they have an enterprise on site. I'll find out if they still like me next week as she goes in for the grinding diff gear (again!).
Old 03-17-2006, 12:03 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Yeah, 2 months ago Richard Hibbard in Claremont, Ca had mine for 5 days but never offered me a car. What a bunch of losers! I wouldn't recommend them you anyone, even though they advertise in a magazine that I donate to and keep in circulation. Well, me a thousands of others.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Mel 2001
Drifting

Hey be thankful they called you and with enough time to get a rental.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

The only companies I know that do loaners are LEXUS, BMW, Porchse, and Mercedes.
That is why they aren't in financal trouble. They have more than just the Vette to suppliment their sales.

All of their service is stellar. That is one reason why people but them.
If the other car companies would step up, they may have better loyalty.
Granted, Vettes have their own loyalty crowd, but it isn't enough to keep the company alive.

If they even treated vette owners with that kind of respect, then they would always be in a better position.

Maybe Chevy should look at the customer buying the 70k car, and less about what it costs to give out a loaner.
If they want to command the kind of clientel Porsche commands, they have to realize that it is customer #1, and client services #2.

At least in LA, that is probably one reason you see 10 porsches to every Vette.
The service Porshce gives almost put me in one. When it is in, you get a loaner.

That's the difference.

LEX
Old 03-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Look on the bright side... you have a renter for tonight. Just wait until tomorrow when you go and get your Vette back and find out that they didn't fix anything.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:07 AM
vette6500
Pro

Originally Posted by 2bubbas
I agree! Never ever been offered the use of one.
My dealer took 4 days to do warranty work on brake pads and differential clutch packs. I've asked for rentals before and always refused, so did not ask this time and none offered. Oh yeah, the car was left in 1st so battery was dead when I got the car back in rain storm and got the inside all wet while trying to jump start for like 20 minutes. Had to leave it another day while they got a new battery ordered. Still no rental!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:19 AM
lagogarda
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor 06

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Maybe because it's a small local dealer, all I need to do is ask.
Usually it's easier for their van to drive me. Sometimes they even drop my finished car off at the house for me. Like I say maybe it's a small town thing, but it's nice not to sweat these these service details.
Of course, small again, so it takes 3 visits to fix something!
Such is life....
They must have a pool to see who gets to drive your car !
Old 03-17-2006, 06:56 AM
vertlove
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTC
At least they tried to take care of you. And on a tangent, geeze, that doesn't make me want to even attempt getting the digital onstar upgrade for my '05.

The chevy dealer I've used in Austin has tried to take care of me with rentals; they have an enterprise on site. I'll find out if they still like me next week as she goes in for the grinding diff gear (again!).
GTC, You have so many problems with that ride as you are always chiming in with issues. I think that GM poured lemon juice all over that thing. You should hire a lawyer and hopefully stick it back to GM. You don't deserve this.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:00 AM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

at least you got a rental....I ask for one once and the service rep just gave me a blank stare.....
Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcb
I had the opposite experience yesterday. Took my '05 MY convertible to Holler Chevrolet in Winter Park, FL to have the Onstar unit upgraded to digital. I was offered a loaner immediately. I waited three hours at the dealership while the techs tried to get the new unit to work. At that point, the service rep, John Duke, came to me and pretty much forced me into a loaner for the afternoon. He even offered to have the car washed (I turned this down). I had almost given up on that dealership for service, but this rep has kept me there!!!
You don't want to hear about my experience with Holler!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Crush2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Look on the bright side... you have a renter for tonight. Just wait until tomorrow when you go and get your Vette back and find out that they didn't fix anything.
Or that there's 40 additional miles on the odo and the tank's average mpg (I reset mine every tank) has dropped from 20 to 13!

Get notified of new replies

To Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 09:15 AM
FastMover
Drifting

Location: Tellico Plains, Tn "Wolf" Official Corvette Guard Dog
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default GMPP Loaner?

Isn't it true that if you have GMPP they have to give you a loaner if the work takes more then 2 hours ????
Old 03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Zuntov
Drifting

Originally Posted by CaptSS
I took my car to Van Chevrolet (I know - it's a bad telaership, but very close to my home and on the way to work) for the following

1. Roof Recall
2. Service Fuel System
3. Engine Light On
4. Carpet coming up in the back
5. Trunk release button inoperable

I drop it off at 9 AM and ask for a rental/loaner. Service rep says we may be able to get you back in the car this aft. HA!! I KNOW BETTER!!
So I'm playing this out in my head.... courtesy van takes me home, I wait for a call this aft that they will need the car overnight, so come back up and we will put you in a rental.

Well, guess what. Courtesy van takes me home & I get a call in the afternoon to come back up and get a rental! What a PITA! Can't these guys think outside the box?!?!?!?
How is there service department? Let me know as I'm taking mine in on Monday.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
drift86
Cruising

Here is a bad dealer turned into a GOOD dealer story!!!! We need more people like the second dealer mentioned.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&page=1&pp=20

Quick Reply: Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!