C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by drift86
Here is a bad dealer turned into a GOOD dealer story!!!! We need more people like the second dealer mentioned.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&page=1&pp=20
Hey, you are talkng about me!!! Thanks to all that have responded with positive feedback on this issue. RICH
Old 03-17-2006, 04:30 PM
KISSfn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuntov
How is there service department? Let me know as I'm taking mine in on Monday.
Van Chevrolet is the WORST Stealership I have ever dealt with!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by drift86
Here is a bad dealer turned into a GOOD dealer story!!!! We need more people like the second dealer mentioned.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&page=1&pp=20
Made my day to hear how the second dealer took care of the situation. Rich has my utmost respect. I am sure that there are others out there like him but we don't hear about it.
antoniopaolo
Old 03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Hey, you are talkng about me!!! Thanks to all that have responded with positive feedback on this issue. RICH
Thanks for doing the right thing. Very my friend.
regards, antoniopaolo
Old 03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Great job Thanks for stepping up to help out a forum member. Including reaching out to him initially after speaking to the brother in law.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
CaptSS
Instructor

Default Folow Up On Service At Van Chevrolet

Originally Posted by CaptSS
I took my car to Van Chevrolet (I know - it's a bad telaership, but very close to my home and on the way to work) for the following

1. Roof Recall
2. Service Fuel System
3. Engine Light On
4. Carpet coming up in the back
5. Trunk release button inoperable

I drop it off at 9 AM and ask for a rental/loaner. Service rep says we may be able to get you back in the car this aft. HA!! I KNOW BETTER!!
So I'm playing this out in my head.... courtesy van takes me home, I wait for a call this aft that they will need the car overnight, so come back up and we will put you in a rental.

Well, guess what. Courtesy van takes me home & I get a call in the afternoon to come back up and get a rental! What a PITA! Can't these guys think outside the box?!?!?!?

Ok, I have to give these guys kudos this time. Service writer called me at 1 PM and said everything was done except the roof recall problem. Said they had to order the adhesive and it will be here Tuesday. I drove the rental to the dealership and my car was ready. They replaced the throttle body, replaced the outside rear deck button, replaced (not re-glued!) the entire piece of carpet in the back, and replaced the drivers side door lock (the mechanic noticed it not closing all the time?!?!?! - something I never noticed and certainly didn't say anything about!) I left the rental car at the dealership and they called Enterprise to come pick it up rather than me hassle with returning it. (I have used them quite a few times in the past and we have a good relationship, so I am not concerned with mysterious damage showing up on the rental or the fuel level not being where I left it. It's almost like when I walk in to the Enterprise location, they immediately ask what's wrong with the 'vet now! I will drop the car off Tuesday aft for the roof adhesive, and pick it up that evening.

Van Chevy, well done this time!

On a final note, the service writer said "Let me get your car washed for you." My heart started racing, and with beads of sweat dripping from my whole body, I dove from both feet, flew through mid-air over his head and snatched the fob from his hand while barrell rolling over a GEO Prism. I continued rolling to my car, slithered into the drivers seat, fired her up, laid 90 feet of rubber leaving and never looked back!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptSS
Ok, I have to give these guys kudos this time. Service writer called me at 1 PM and said everything was done except the roof recall problem. Said they had to order the adhesive and it will be here Tuesday. I drove the rental to the dealership and my car was ready. They replaced the throttle body, replaced the outside rear deck button, replaced (not re-glued!) the entire piece of carpet in the back, and replaced the drivers side door lock (the mechanic noticed it not closing all the time?!?!?! - something I never noticed and certainly didn't say anything about!) I left the rental car at the dealership and they called Enterprise to come pick it up rather than me hassle with returning it. (I have used them quite a few times in the past and we have a good relationship, so I am not concerned with mysterious damage showing up on the rental or the fuel level not being where I left it. It's almost like when I walk in to the Enterprise location, they immediately ask what's wrong with the 'vet now! I will drop the car off Tuesday aft for the roof adhesive, and pick it up that evening.

Van Chevy, well done this time!

On a final note, the service writer said "Let me get your car washed for you." My heart started racing, and with beads of sweat dripping from my whole body, I dove from both feet, flew through mid-air over his head and snatched the fob from his hand while barrell rolling over a GEO Prism. I continued rolling to my car, slithered into the drivers seat, fired her up, laid 90 feet of rubber leaving and never looked back!
Sounds like all ended well. Good to hear that things can work out OK at dealers most of the time.

Quick Reply: Another Reason Dealers S*CK!!!