C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth NOT Working Properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Bluetooth NOT Working Properly

So I have a 2011 Grand Sport I have always been able to use my Bluetooth in my car. Now a week ago I have a buddy call me and I try to answer on my Bluetooth and he can not hear me. I can hear him but he can't hear me. Any suggestions on what to do here. Same phone nothing has changed. Thanks for your help. Shannon
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Are you actually getting a Bluetooth connection at all, or are you hearing him through your phone on your belt?

The reason I asked is that our 2009, when paired with new phones, will work ok for a while and then mysteriously de-pair one or both phones. Happened with our Samsung dumb phones and then later when we got Iphones.

In each case, I re-paired the phone and it was good for a while, had to repair one more time and no problems after that.

If you have factory Nav, you can try some voice commands and see if they "work". I use the quotes because our Nav never understands my words but will do something else, at least we know the microphone is "working". Mic works great with Bluetooth.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 PM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Ttt
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

You are not alone. My 2013 GS continues to have the same issue. The buttons on the wheel are the culprit. Each of the three C6's I have had, had the same issue with the wheel buttons. I'm not an engineer and can't identify the actual cause but I have narrowed it down. It's crap!

Sorry it doesn't help you. Rant over.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey ya'll,

If you are having difficulties with your Bluetooth please contact our Infotainment Team. they will be able to assist and walk you through any difficulties you are having. Their phone number is 855-478-7767. Please keep me posted on the outcome!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hey ya'll,

If you are having difficulties with your Bluetooth please contact our Infotainment Team. they will be able to assist and walk you through any difficulties you are having. Their phone number is 855-478-7767. Please keep me posted on the outcome!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-29-2015, 11:24 AM
billster
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
You are not alone. My 2013 GS continues to have the same issue. The buttons on the wheel are the culprit. Each of the three C6's I have had, had the same issue with the wheel buttons. I'm not an engineer and can't identify the actual cause but I have narrowed it down. It's crap!

Sorry it doesn't help you. Rant over.
I have had my 2011 GS for 3 years and this problem just started a week ago for me. Same phone for the last year...never a problem at all before this last week. I hear "you have an incoming call" I push either the button on the steering wheel or the Phone (S5 samsung) and it mutes the music...and nothing...no sound can be heard from the speakers nor can the other person hear me. The first time it happened I disconnected the bluetooth from my phone to car via the phone and reconnected it. It seemed to fix the issue. It happened again last night and no matter what I do...I can not hear anyone when the phone call gets answered (either me calling or them calling me) via the steering wheel or phone itself.

This is driving me nuts because the laws around here have increased the fines to $1000 for using a phone in hand whilst driving. I doubt its the buttons on the steering wheel since it still won't work correctly if I answer via the phone itself. Anyone have some suggestions?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:18 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Mine does the same. Should be a recall on this crappy system...
Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

did you try the simple process of unpairing the device and re-pairing it with the car?

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth NOT Working Properly

Quick Reply: Bluetooth NOT Working Properly