C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery Times??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 03:51 PM
ForeAU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery Times?? Update Took Delivery Friday!!

Has anyone any experience with the time it takes to take delivery of their C6 from the time it was produced?? Mine went in production the week of the 12th and is now showing as produced. Just wondering if I can expect it in a couple of weeks...I know the plant will be closing for christmas but hopefully delivery will stay up and running....

*******UPDATE*******UPDATE*******UPDATE* ******UPDATE

Took delivery of my Velocity Yellow today....ITS SWEET!! Had 03 model and they just keep getting BETTER.....Only problem was the dealer where I took courtesy delivery has had the car since Tuesday and did NOT call me. Les Stanford called and said my car was produced on the 12th and shipped on the 13th..cant get any much faster than that and that the dealer should have it...SOOOO I gave them a call and sure enough...."Yes sir it came in Tuesday and we haven't had time to prep it yet...Today is Friday!! I asked when would it be ready and he replied "How about Tuesday??" I asked if he had a new 06 vette that had been in since Tuesday how long would you wait?? He stated " It would be ready in 4 hours!!" Gives a new light on " putting yourself in the other person shoes" AS to courtesy delivery, they did not seem to be in a big hurry to get me my car....had it 4 days and if I had not called, I probably still would not have it!! And Yes, I did have to fill up my tank...I have to say that I have purchased an 00 & 03 from this dealer and they were great...I guess without the commission and sale of a unit takes a little of the urgency off.....HATS OF TO RICK DANIEL AT LES STANFORD FOR MAKING THIS ALL HAPPEN IS ABOUT 4 WEEKS FROM START TO FINISH!!

You guys were right though....Between Christmas and New Years!!!!

PS...It was Friday when all this occured...I know it Saturday now..
Attached Images  

Last edited by ForeAU; 01-03-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:23 PM
dstelbrink
Instructor

Don't get to excited but your car could be there anyday.

Call the dealer and have "them" check with the plant that it has been released. Sometimes the plant will hold a car for "quality control"

If Allied has it you just need to wait on a full truck coming your way.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can tell you that Allied doesn't take a long holiday shutdown like the plant. So there's hope.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:36 PM
70Nav
Racer

Go through you selling dealer. He can get the information when the car is planned to be shipped and confirmation when it actually starts to move.

Have a great holiday . . . your car will bet here soon!
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Josepy
Racer

Originally Posted by dstelbrink
Call the dealer and have "them" check with the plant that it has been released. Sometimes the plant will hold a car for "quality control"
I have tried 4 times to call the factory about my inbounds (I am a dealer). With all the allied problems with HHR and such they are not entertaining calls unless it is after the predicted/estimated delivery date.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:20 PM
PaBlueCoupe
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09

I predict between Christmas and New Years Day. You can have a Santa Claus Rally!!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:41 PM
C6SNOOPY
Pro

I agree, check with the dealer. I did today. GM said mine was still bayed and waiting for loading. They said sold cars have 1st priority, but it has been 9 days since build. Dealer still hoping for Jan 30th. He said the most his dealership has experienced is 14 days from build to loading on a truck. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Sure will be able to start your New Year's off great.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:22 AM
ForeAU
Advanced

Default Here at Last!!

Took delivery of my Velocity Yellow today....ITS SWEET!! Had 03 model and they just keep getting BETTER.....Only problem was the dealer where I took courtesy delivery has had the car since Tuesday and did NOT call me. Les Standford called and said my car was produced on the 12th and shipped on the 13th..cant get any much faster than that and that the dealer should have it...SOOOO I gave them a call and sure enough...."Yes sir it came in Tuesday and we haven't had time to prep it yet...Today is Friday!! I asked when would it be ready and he replied "How about Tuesday??" I asked if he had a new 06 vette that had been in since Tuesday how long would you wait?? He stated " It would be ready in 4 hours!!" Gives a new light on " putting yourself in the other person shoes" AS to courtesy delivery, they did not seem to be in a big hurry to get me my car....had it 4 days and if I had not called, I probably still would not have it!! And Yes, I did have to fill up my tank...I have to say that I have purchased an 00 & 03 from this dealer and they were great...I guess without the commission and sale of a unit takes a little of the urgency off.....HATS OF TO RICK DANIEL AT LES STANDFORD FOR MAKING THIS ALL HAPPEN IS ABOUT 4 WEEKS FROM START TO FINISH!!

You guys were right though....Between Christmas and New Years!!!!

PS...It was Friday when all this occured...I know it Saturday now..
Attached Images  

Last edited by ForeAU; 12-31-2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ForeAU
Has anyone any experience with the time it takes to take delivery of their C6 from the time it was produced?? Mine went in production the week of the 12th and is now showing as produced. Just wondering if I can expect it in a couple of weeks...I know the plant will be closing for christmas but hopefully delivery will stay up and running....
So its New Year's eve, any luck getting your car?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Mel 2001
Drifting

HATS OF TO RICK DANIEL AT LES STANDFORD FOR MAKING THIS ALL HAPPEN IS ABOUT 4 WEEKS FROM START TO FINISH!![/B]

Mine is lost in space.Should have been here buy now. Can't wait til Rick is back from vacation.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
ForeAU
Advanced

I was speaking with David the Finance Director while Rick was gone but He will be back on Monday...Good luck on locating your car...hopefully it will show up next week...
Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Mel 2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by ForeAU
I was speaking with David the Finance Director while Rick was gone but He will be back on Monday...Good luck on locating your car...hopefully it will show up next week...
I called Allied 1 hour ago.He said car has been delivered.
Then i called courtesy delivery dealer. He said he would check . He was surprised I called. I asked him to please call me back. I will hold judgement info for now.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Mel 2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mel 2001
I called Allied 1 hour ago.He said car has been delivered.
Then i called courtesy delivery dealer. He said he would check . He was surprised I called. I asked him to please call me back. I will hold judgement info for now.
Dealer called back and said car not there.
He called allied another guy said delivery to be on 1-2 1700hr.
For a second I thought I lost her. I need to chill out.
Happy New Years to all.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:07 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Mel 2001 you need to settle down. Just think how great next year will be for you.......and hopefully for everyone on this board.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:33 PM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a sold unit and was given to Allied on 12/9. It just left BG, CA bound on 12/28. I am hoping it gets here early next week after the rains pass through. I placed my order on 11/8 and it was produced on 12/7. Hope this helps. As has been pointed out with the holidays and Allied contract negotiations delivery times are probable a little slow.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:43 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 456 Likes on 342 Posts

Congrats on the new dream! I stil am waiting -5 weeks & counting.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Mel 2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by jim213
Mel 2001 you need to settle down. Just think how great next year will be for you.......and hopefully for everyone on this board.

Yes sir.

Get notified of new replies

To Delivery Times??

Quick Reply: Delivery Times??