C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Bad" Vette Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 03:55 AM
2bubbas
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Bad" Vette Owners!

Come on, speak up. Who else but me, doesn't wash and polish every little thing on their C6 after each and every drive?

I drive mine and hardly ever even rinse it off. And when I do it's through a touchless car wash or by using the wand at the car wash.

And I dry it off with speed. My dad taught me the "High Speed" method as a child.

Some of the obsessions people have about their cars scare me!

Never ever thought about, detailing the exhaust tips, wheel wells, or covering the tires with garbage bags so the rotors don't get wet and "rust", or covering the side mirrors with bags so the little drops of water don't dribble onto the paint, on and on until I read it on the Forum.

I did get so far as buying some wax but it is still in the bottle.

I have better things to do with my time than obsess about dust, dirt and bird doo-doo. I do wipe off the bird doo-doo but just because the white shows up on the red paint.

Please, you bad Vette owners, come out and join me in "Shouting" It's transportation- drive it not spend the time polishing it.

But the downside, if this is a downside, my cars usually look "Driven hard and put away wet!" and I don't have much chance of winning at car shows unless I'm the only guy in my class and vote for myself.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:25 AM
scottypman
Melting Slicks

Your such a an F'in lazy a$$.....wash your nice car you dumba$$ , don't put the rest of us down who actually take care of our nice cars....you don't deserve to own a Vette.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:47 AM
flyzlow
Melting Slicks

Default Who cares if it's dirty it's STILL a Vette!! Woo hoo !

It's your car so you can keep it anyway you want, but ever since I was a teenager with my first car that I saved for by working through High School, I have never understood how some owners of high dollar cars could stand to drive around in them so dirty. My buddies and I just figured that the owners had so much money that it did'nt matter to them, they just took the cars for granted no matter how much they cost. I remember it would just kill us to see a grubby car that we would have died to have for our own. I don't even let my daily drivers go very long without shaping them up just because it makes me feel good when they look good. When it comes to my three "special" cars I strive to keep them up as meticulously as I can. I have always kept all my cars as spotless as I could even when I drove an 81 Buick Regal for 15 years as a daily driver. I think it has to do with how hard and how long you worked for your car and how much of a car enthusiast you are. To many, their cars are just transportation and to others they are much more. Anyone who would think of themselves as a car lover will probably be one that is more obsessive about keeping their car in top condition and take more pride in it than one who is not. Ijust enjoy a gleaming car in the garage more than the alternative. A dirty Vette is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us! I'm guilty as Charged. It Is easier to "keep it up" versus "letting it go" and trying to rehab a real mess. Either way I know you will enjoy your Corvette dirt or no dirt and have a lot more free time than some of us!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 AM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to your room.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:20 AM
sjLt1
Racer

Another reason not to buy a used car. Next owner gets screwed in the long run. Never know how the 1st person maintained the vehicle.

Wrong to stereotype but if a person can't maintain the appearance it's usually a red flag on vehicle maintennace. These comments are not directed to 2bubbas.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:47 AM
JSTMYSPD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scottypman
Your such a an F'in lazy a$$.....wash your nice car you dumba$$ , don't put the rest of us down who actually take care of our nice cars....you don't deserve to own a Vette.
WOW ! How do you Really feel?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:54 AM
vetteman22
Pro

I have always maintained my cars ,from the lowly first two pieces of crap on up into my nicer cars. I like a clean car,but after reading what some others do, I need to do way more than just the interior and outside,and wheels. guess I am a slacker.....oh I do dust it off everynite if that helps when I get home...and rejex the crap out of it ...at least every other week...just put a lift in my garage last weekend.Now the detailing can go much faster and maybe I should rejex the undercarrage.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:59 AM
connor
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2bubbas
Come on, speak up. Who else but me, doesn't wash and polish every little thing on their C6 after each and every drive?
I bet you dont wash behind your ears either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:18 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default your car

Just a tip for you...At least take the bird crap off the right way because the acid in that will ruin your paint job.No sh$#@t there.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:28 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Well, I'll give you some support here...even if nobody else will.

I do wash my car often, and dry it by hand. I will vacuum the interior when it gets too dirty and keep the interior trim clean and free of dust accumulation. When it's too cold to wash, I will take it through a brushless car wash...with no ill effects. I'll wax maybe once or twice a year. I do wipe the dirt off the back of the car with a damp cloth when it picks up too much road grime.

I do not obsess about the car. It does get dirty and I do not always clean it quickly. I don't detail the car, I know the rotors will rust after washing and a short drive will take care of that, I track dirt on the carpets, and I even store stuff in the hatch. I won't, however, install the front license plate bracket. While I want my car to look good, I agree that it is a car and not a trophy. I love this car for what it is, and drive it for my own enjoyment.

I'll also admit...publically for the first time...that I spend more time with my wife than I do with my car. It's sick, I know. I must need help.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

I pay someone to do mine. I'd rather work for an extra 15 minutes to make the money, and pay someone to detail it.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:38 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2bubbas

I drive mine and hardly ever even rinse it off. And when I do it's through a touchless car wash or by using the wand at the car wash.

And I dry it off with speed. My dad taught me the "High Speed" method as a child.

Some of the obsessions people have about their cars scare me!

Never ever thought about, detailing the exhaust tips, wheel wells, or covering the tires with garbage bags so the rotors don't get wet and "rust", or covering the side mirrors with bags so the little drops of water don't dribble onto the paint, on and on until I read it on the Forum.

I did get so far as buying some wax but it is still in the bottle.

I have better things to do with my time than obsess about dust, dirt and bird doo-doo. I do wipe off the bird doo-doo but just because the white shows up on the red paint.

Please, you bad Vette owners, come out and join me in "Shouting" It's transportation- drive it not spend the time polishing it.

But the downside, if this is a downside, my cars usually look "Driven hard and put away wet!" and I don't have much chance of winning at car shows unless I'm the only guy in my class and vote for myself.
Wow. Each to his/her own... I certainly don't wash my car after every drive (unless it gets dirty), but when I do wash it, I go all the way...
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Name calling is really inappropriate....
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default that's funny!

I'll also admit...publically for the first time...that I spend more time with my wife than I do with my car. It's sick, I know. I must need help.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Top Cat
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by StanNH
Well, I'll give you some support here...even if nobody else will.

I do wash my car often, and dry it by hand. I will vacuum the interior when it gets too dirty and keep the interior trim clean and free of dust accumulation. When it's too cold to wash, I will take it through a brushless car wash...with no ill effects. I'll wax maybe once or twice a year. I do wipe the dirt off the back of the car with a damp cloth when it picks up too much road grime.

I do not obsess about the car. It does get dirty and I do not always clean it quickly. I don't detail the car, I know the rotors will rust after washing and a short drive will take care of that, I track dirt on the carpets, and I even store stuff in the hatch. I won't, however, install the front license plate bracket. While I want my car to look good, I agree that it is a car and not a trophy. I love this car for what it is, and drive it for my own enjoyment.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:45 AM
AK's Z
Instructor

With Instant Detailer, you can go around the entire car in about 10 minutes, which is what I do after EVERY drive. No rain, no washing=NO SWIRL marks.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:56 AM
rm50
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

2bubbas was pretty brave to post this threa. I do enjoy washing and waxing (Zaino) my car. I am not obsessed with it but I am proud to have a Corvette and when I drive it I want it looking the best.

Get notified of new replies

To "Bad" Vette Owners!

Old 10-29-2005, 09:43 AM
double eagle
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jazzlove
I certainly don't wash my car after every drive (unless it gets dirty), but when I do wash it, I go all the way...
- it's a matter of pride in ownership for me no matter the car.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 AM
MichaelB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Old 10-29-2005, 10:00 AM
2bubbas
Drifting

Default Lazy A$$!

I want you to know that I laughed my lazy a$$ off at some of the posts!

I so "enjoy" this Forum. There is some major wit posted here.

I do not obsess about much in life.

I would love to see your finely detailed cars at any given car show and would be impressed with them as well. I love to see someone with taste make mods to his/her car that improves the look. Key words- IMPROVES!

I didn't think I was being brave to post this, but on 2nd thought, maybe I was.

Lazy a$$ stands chastised. I'll be getting out the wash bucket, blow drier, waxes and detail brushes as soon as I sign off. And I'll pay special attention to those wheel wells, exhaust tips, and rusty rotors. And I'll quit using the passenger floor for a waste basket.

Actually my car is pretty presentable at all times. Ask my wife if you don't believe me!

Quick Reply: "Bad" Vette Owners!