C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should i do !!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 PM
AFR VETTE
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What should i do !!!!?

Hi, about 2 months ago i went and test drove a new C6 vette and loved it. My dad decided that when my lease was up on my current car that he would get me one if i wanted. So time when on and i wasnt really thinking about it and then i came time for my brother to get a car. He couldnt decide on what he wanted. Then about 2 weeks ago my bro, my dad, and i went over to a corvette dealer to check em out. As soon as we pulled up i saw a yellow coupe, and i knew thats what i wanted. My brother after driving it loved it as well and liked the yellow also but not as much as i did. THen he saw a red one and decided thats what he liked but still wasnt sure. A week goes by with him changing his mind every second on the color. THne he says ok i want red. When i thought his mind was made up i was happy because then i was gonan get the yellow vette. Thne all the sudden he wanted the yellow one. He was also having a coniption that we couldnt have the same car. I have no problem with this. Is it stupid to have 2 of the same cars? and in the same color? (if my brother dosnt budge and get red.) What should i do? Im freaking out, should i get a differant car? If so what other cars are there that compare to the vette?
Thanks AFR

P.S. sorry its so long im freaking out here
Old 10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
catbert
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone BUYS YOU A CAR, don't worry about the color - that would be highly....how can I put this???? oh nevermind.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AFR VETTE
Hi, about 2 months ago i went and test drove a new C6 vette and loved it. My dad decided that when my lease was up on my current car that he would get me one if i wanted. So time when on and i wasnt really thinking about it and then i came time for my brother to get a car. He couldnt decide on what he wanted. Then about 2 weeks ago my bro, my dad, and i went over to a corvette dealer to check em out. As soon as we pulled up i saw a yellow coupe, and i knew thats what i wanted. My brother after driving it loved it as well and liked the yellow also but not as much as i did. THen he saw a red one and decided thats what he liked but still wasnt sure. A week goes by with him changing his mind every second on the color. THne he says ok i want red. When i thought his mind was made up i was happy because then i was gonan get the yellow vette. Thne all the sudden he wanted the yellow one. He was also having a coniption that we couldnt have the same car. I have no problem with this. Is it stupid to have 2 of the same cars? and in the same color? (if my brother dosnt budge and get red.) What should i do? Im freaking out, should i get a differant car? If so what other cars are there that compare to the vette?
Thanks AFR

I know exactly what you mean....happens to me all the time!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Waveblaster785
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks AFR

How lenient are the moderators here, can I answer this truthfully?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
CamaroCane
Burning Brakes

walk up to him and tell him what color you are getting and if he gives you any lip PHITS
Old 10-20-2005, 06:08 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Don't ask us, ask Dad, he'll take care of it for you.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Don LT-1
Burning Brakes

Thanks AFR

How about adopting me. Great Dad.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:15 PM
jim213
Safety Car

I don't know if this thread is legit or not. Must be tough when the only problem you have is deciding on color and good old dad is going to buy the car. Opps sorry CARS!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
SHOOTER 49
Melting Slicks

This plight of colors for a free car is indeed why the world hates America.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SHOOTER 49
Old 10-20-2005, 06:26 PM
MichaelB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jim213
I don't know if this thread is legit or not. Must be tough when the only problem you have is deciding on color and good old dad is going to buy the car. Opps sorry CARS!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:29 PM
BKNIMKR
Safety Car

Location: Chino Hills, Ca. You are completely safe with me, I'm a good screamer.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frankly, when it came time for me to pony up for cars for my boys, one said "truck", the other "car". That was it. They got a Ranger and Civic respectively. No arguments about color or brand for that matter, just a lot of gratitude.
I do stress one thing, though, a 3.5 GPA.
It's about all my wallet could take.

m

Last edited by BKNIMKR; 10-20-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:31 PM
jdavis
Drifting

The simple solution is for both to get yellow. Let him get the yellow coupe then...you order a yellow convertible.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:32 PM
guy2626c
2nd Gear

wow, i wish my parents would have bought me a vette. Can i be your new brother?? please
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 PM
OUSchitzo
Advanced

Your kidding...right? Tell your brother you have changed your mind and you want the red. Then be thankful someone else is paying.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:35 PM
It'sHerVette!
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I wish I had your problems. Get what you want and tell your brother TS.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
3rdBlackVette
Racer

Originally Posted by jim213

You know it's not legit. The first clue was when he said he "test drove a Corvette." Nobody seems to allow these cars to be test driven. Plus, he's a nooby. Just posted to bust our chops.

Get notified of new replies

To What should i do !!!!?

Old 10-20-2005, 06:53 PM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks AFR

I have a twin brother that also wanted a corvette. We ended up talking through it and getting very different cars. He got a black Hummer H2 and I got a DSOM Corvette. I don't know what your circumstances are but my dad ALSO bought my brother and I cars. Why did he buy us cars? Because we have worked for him since we could walk. I never liked the idea of getting paid by my dad so I have always worked without pay. My family has a business mentality so my brother and I have been buying and selling domain names. Guess where we deposited the money? Into my parents bank account. Now i'm studying pre-med in college to hopefully one day become an anesthesiologist. This puts a twist on dad buying you a car now doesn't it?

Wait......Flame suit on......now flame away.

I'll start.... I'm a spoiled little ****** who gets everything handed to him. Now you can continue.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sad but true,,,,how do you spell spoiled brat (s), Peace,Maybe,, Craig
Old 10-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I think its cool that your dad will spend money on you like that. Congrats.

Last edited by Eddie 70; 10-20-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: What should i do !!!!?