C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would like to hear from members that purchased a C6 with the 1SX or 1SA package

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

The only think I wanted out of the 1SB package was the electrochromatic (self dimming) mirrors. Wasn't paying 3300 for them. Besides, the little night driving I've done has shown that the standard mirrors are not a problem. I'm totally happy with 1SA.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Vegas Sam
Pro

Received 287 Likes on 97 Posts

1SA ownner here. I wanted the better seats and side airbags, nothing else. The Z51 was my main goal. I'm with others, I don't need heated seats or the other "stuff", this is like a Lexus compared to my old Viper and the F-bodies I've owned.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Hozer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1SA with Monty Red and Cashmere as the only options. It is a great car for the money.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Dale_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm pretty happy with my no option 1SX. I like the idea that I only have $42k tied up in the car. I would have got some options if I could have picked them individually (telescoping wheel, heated seats) but since that's not possible....

GM ought to make the safety stuff like side air bags standard equipment - even on the 1SX.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:39 PM
somewhatdamaged
Instructor

Default 1SA - no regrets

I purchased with the 1SA option, Z-51 M-6. I wanted to get the most performance for the money, but I also liked the choice of color seats (red), side air bags, and adjustable passenger seat. I didn't want nav, and i was planning to change out the crap stock stereo for my current Kenwood unit w/ Ipod and Sirius options.

Good luck
Somewhatdamaged
Old 10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
aggie88
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vegas Sam
1SA ownner here. I wanted the better seats and side airbags, nothing else. The Z51 was my main goal. I'm with others, I don't need heated seats or the other "stuff", this is like a Lexus compared to my old Viper and the F-bodies I've owned.
Same here - Z51 and MN6 were absolute "gotta haves". Since Z51s are always on constraint this plays an important role. If you don't care for it, then its not a biggie.

My advice is to prioritize your needs. Is it price? Is it ultimate performance? And then tailor the options. Thats why they call it options.

For me, price was important. Its not a daily driver so the toys were not important. But it is a weekend racer, so performance was top priority. I got 1SA, sport seats are nice, and though I don't have all the other nick nacks of the 1SB, I didn't have to fork over another 3k either.

With the money I saved. I got some nice Fikse wheels for racing instead!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:54 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I got 1SA only extra options I wish I could have individually is

Memory seats so I can exit the car easier and then have the seats go back to the adjustments I prefer. I am the only driver but I believe that you had to get all of that other stuff and the 1SB package so it wasn't worth it to me as I didn't want all of the future problems that come with the 1SB package. I would love to have cool seats. If they have the heated seat option there should be a cold seat option as some of us run hotter than others. I don't need a heated seat option but would have loved the cold seat option.
Went with 1SA package because of better seats and side airbags. HUD is too much of a distraction and too gimicky for me. The Corvette has enough gadgets already for too many future problems to happen. The more things you have the more problems you will have.
The 1SB package just had too many options put together that should have been offered as individual options then I might have got the memory seat option, a BOSE sound system with 6 indash CD player. But by the way GM packaged these 3 package it leaves one pretty limited without choices if they were offerred as individual options.
I got what I wanted with the 1SA package and the two main options ordered separately that make the character of the Corvette G-90 and F-55 option those were the most important to me for the way I am driving the Corvette.
I had opted for the dual top option but it was on constraint at the time and held up my order so now that would be the next thing to get from GM Parts so at least I can get that option and add it.

Last edited by LS WON; 10-03-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
rockstar
Advanced

As someone mentioned earlier, I went with the 1SA for my Monterey Red coupe in order to get power seats both sides, but save some money over the toys in 1SB. The only option I wanted in 1SB was memory, but since my girlfriend doesn't want to drive it anyway, I'm quite pleased that I saved $3300.

The 1SA, auto, axle, polished wheels and glass roof make a very comfortable, classy GT car that's a little more "affordable".
Old 10-03-2005, 06:09 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

The one thing I would like to have is the telescopic wheel. Memory seats would be nice since every time I take it to the dealer (brake pad bulletin for example) they always want to mess with my seat. Takes me a few days to find where it was.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:30 PM
7 OUT
Racer

I was initially going to go with 1SX. I saw the 1SA seats and really liked them so changed my mind to 1SA. The only thing in the 1SB package that got my attention was the HUD. I really like the instrument panel so decided I'd rather look at that than the HUD. Turns out, I spend most of my time looking at the road. I hope I never have to use the side air bags. Used the price difference for polished wheels and Z51 package. If I where to buy it again, I would buy the same set up. Black/Ebony, mn6, Z51, polished wheels.

Dana
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 PM
ghee
Intermediate

I ordered the 1sa option in my black/cashmere for all the reasons stated prev. here. The only option I would have liked is the telescoping wheel, although the wheel is in a comfortable position.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

I wanted the better seats and the side air bags so I ruled out the 1SX (1LT) I ordered the 1SA (2LT) option with auto & the G90 gears.
I had originally wanted the Z51 option but when members of the forum posted how quickly the tires wore out, I decided to order the base suspension. I felt that I could always upgrade to the Z51 or Z06 suspension and purchase larger tires at a later date. I am very happy with the car, the seats are very comfortable and the base suspension is fine. I really do not need all the fancy electronics and gizmos ......... All I need is a 12.7 second quarter mile time and I will be a very, very happy camper It is unfortunate the way GM packages the Corvette. If you only want some of the electronics you have to have purchase the 1SB (3LT) package
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Tommy D
I wanted the better seats and the side air bags so I ruled out the 1SX (1LT) I ordered the 1SA (2LT) option with auto & the G90 gears.
I had originally wanted the Z51 option but when members of the forum posted how quickly the tires wore out, I decided to order the base suspension. I felt that I could always upgrade to the Z51 or Z06 suspension and purchase larger tires at a later date. I am very happy with the car, the seats are very comfortable and the base suspension is fine. I really do not need all the fancy electronics and gizmos ......... All I need is a 12.7 second quarter mile time and I will be a very, very happy camper It is unfortunate the way GM packages the Corvette. If you only want some of the electronics you have to have purchase the 1SB (3LT) package

Better Sport seats and the side air bags were a big influence to get the 1SA over the 1SX. The 1SX availability came last so these were the last Corvettes built which means you would have a much longer wait and still have to worry about constraints.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:42 AM
01WHITEVETTE
Instructor

We went from a fully loaded 2004 C5 to a 1SX C6. HAve to say don't miss any of the other goodies other then the memory package. Was one of the lucky ones who got the power passenger seat since they were out of the manual ones when it came down the line. Saved enough to pay for my chrome rims, BB Bullets, and all the rest of the extra's. Car also had the must have Z51 and MN6.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default So then I stand correct you had to purchase to 1SB to get memory seat option?

Originally Posted by 01WHITEVETTE
We went from a fully loaded 2004 C5 to a 1SX C6. HAve to say don't miss any of the other goodies other then the memory package. Was one of the lucky ones who got the power passenger seat since they were out of the manual ones when it came down the line. Saved enough to pay for my chrome rims, BB Bullets, and all the rest of the extra's. Car also had the must have Z51 and MN6.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 AM
C6SilverBullit
Instructor

Default 1sa

Money was a bit of a concern for me also. Then I thought this is probably a once in a lifetime purchase, so I decided to go with the 1SA.
The two deciding factors for me were the power seats. I wanted my passengers to think they were riding in a nice car and the cargo shade. Now the funny thing about the cargo shade is that I had never actually seen one. I figured it was probably something similar to the retractable shade you find on most hondas or other stationwagons. This was going to be a weekend car so I wanted to be able to conceal my luggage and so forth. I order the car with the 1SA. The car arrives and the dealer is showing it to me, and I inquire about the cargo shade. He pulls it out of one of the cubby holes in the back and it is nothing more than a cheap blanket that hangs down from the hatch back cover. It probably cost GM less than a dollar to make. Joke is on me.

Aside from my disappointment in the cargo shade which is my own fault for not researching, I love my 1SA. I still wouldn't get the 1SB, but if I could pick one feature that would be nice to have it is the memory feature. The reason why is everybody wants to drive the car. So everybody is always adjusting the seat, and as a few people have mentioned it takes a while to get it back to where you want it. A lot of people will never let anybody else driver there car, but I don't mind letting a few close friends drive the car. I get a lot of joy out of watching their faces smile as soon as they hit the accelarator. I let my 67 year old mom drive it yesterday. She loved it.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

1SA here. Price was the determining factor. Sure all the extras would have been nice, but the only option I required on mine was Z51. It just happened that the dealership had a 1SA/Z51 in my color choice and the price was more in line with my budget.

Get notified of new replies

To I would like to hear from members that purchased a C6 with the 1SX or 1SA package

Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 AM
bj33813
Racer

Originally Posted by JLB05
1SA. Didn't care about HUD. Wanted the sport seats. Didn't care about heated seats.-S. FLA. Wanted side airbags. Didn't care about nav.system. Didn't care about memory- I'm the only driver.
1SA only for the side air bags plus 3.15 rearend gears for better acceleration...couldn't see spending more $ for that other stuff.
BUTif it had come WITH the 1SA package.....
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by vettehopeful
Money was a bit of a concern for me also. Then I thought this is probably a once in a lifetime purchase, so I decided to go with the 1SA.
The two deciding factors for me were the power seats. I wanted my passengers to think they were riding in a nice car and the cargo shade. Now the funny thing about the cargo shade is that I had never actually seen one. I figured it was probably something similar to the retractable shade you find on most hondas or other stationwagons. This was going to be a weekend car so I wanted to be able to conceal my luggage and so forth. I order the car with the 1SA. The car arrives and the dealer is showing it to me, and I inquire about the cargo shade. He pulls it out of one of the cubby holes in the back and it is nothing more than a cheap blanket that hangs down from the hatch back cover. It probably cost GM less than a dollar to make. Joke is on me.

Aside from my disappointment in the cargo shade which is my own fault for not researching, I love my 1SA. I still wouldn't get the 1SB, but if I could pick one feature that would be nice to have it is the memory feature. The reason why is everybody wants to drive the car. So everybody is always adjusting the seat, and as a few people have mentioned it takes a while to get it back to where you want it. A lot of people will never let anybody else driver there car, but I don't mind letting a few close friends drive the car. I get a lot of joy out of watching their faces smile as soon as they hit the accelarator. I let my 67 year old mom drive it yesterday. She loved it.

The Cargo Cover looks like a joke but it does work. But consider this you can also put on the darkest tint possible and nothing can be seen in your hatch and the interior will be much much cooler from the sun.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
SA HEAT
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a 1SX in December and it was soon put on constraint. I changed the order to 1SA and it was delivered in mid-February. I have no regrets but would go the 1SX route if I had to do it all over again with no constraints. I would actually have ordered the car even more stripped than the 1SX if it were available. Light = fast!

Quick Reply: I would like to hear from members that purchased a C6 with the 1SX or 1SA package