C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iterior Options On New C6 And Msrp Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 AM
DISCMAN68
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Iterior Options On New C6 And Msrp Question

I am new to this forum and I am in need of some much needed advice. I am thinking about ordering a 2006 C6 within the next month and I would appreciate some advice from current C6 owners. I am going to get the dual roof package and Z51 performance package added to my vette. I am not all too sure if the 1SA interior package is worth the extra $1500. I really don't need the automatic seats, but if there is a major difference in appearance and comfort, then it might be worth it. If there is anyone out there who can help me decide which options would be worth the extra dough I would appreciate it.

Also has anyone heard of a price increase between the 2005-06? And has anyone been able to buy there vette under MSRP?

I am very glad to be a part of your forum and look forward to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Randy
Old 06-22-2005, 12:10 PM
JohnE1000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have one yet, however form looking at the options, I see that the most important difference between 1SA and 1SX is the dual side impact air bags.
Also, I am interested to hear from owners if the 1SB package worth the extra $
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by DISCMAN68
I am new to this forum and I am in need of some much needed advice. I am thinking about ordering a 2006 C6 within the next month and I would appreciate some advice from current C6 owners. I am going to get the dual roof package and Z51 performance package added to my vette. I am not all too sure if the 1SA interior package is worth the extra $1500. I really don't need the automatic seats, but if there is a major difference in appearance and comfort, then it might be worth it. If there is anyone out there who can help me decide which options would be worth the extra dough I would appreciate it.

Also has anyone heard of a price increase between the 2005-06? And has anyone been able to buy there vette under MSRP?

I am very glad to be a part of your forum and look forward to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Randy

2 words, side airbags!!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by JohnE1000
I don't have one yet, however form looking at the options, I see that the most important difference between 1SA and 1SX is the dual side impact air bags.
Also, I am interested to hear from owners if the 1SB package worth the extra $

The power seats, which incidently are EXTREMELY comfortable,the Heads up display, and the aforementioned side airbags make the 1sb almost essential.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
9T4Z
Racer

Randy
The automatic seats are not "necessary" but they are really cool... recognizes your fob and adjusts seat position , mirrors and telescoping to your settings... just fun to watch!

Order the clear roof from your dealer AFTER you buy the car.... the part price with available discounts is CHEAPER than the option price to have the two roofs.

Gary
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Wicked_C6
Race Director

Location: Beer. The cause of and solution to - all of lifes problems
St. Jude Donor '09

Randy
Think of it in resale value terms as well - when you go to sell some may expect these items to be there. The 1sx is ok - I test drove one. But I like telescoping steering wheel, the power seats, the HUD and all the little extras of a 1sb. If you are spending 50k on a sports car...why skimp on these items?

Ordering a vette well under MSRP is not unheard of. Takes time and patience to find a dealer to deal.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Vermonter
Advanced

Default price always goes up....options are your choice!

Chevrolet has generally raised prices on Corvettes in some consistent schedule, usually only a couple of hundred dollars...I would bet you will see slightly higher base prices for the 2006 model. I am sure that you can get a significant discount on a coupe, and some type of discount on verts if you shop around.

I got the 1SB package and enjoy a lot of the options, but all options are a matter of personal preference. Compared to the base price of the car, it's not a real big deal to get the ISA or ISB package.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vermonter
Chevrolet has generally raised prices on Corvettes in some consistent schedule, usually only a couple of hundred dollars...I would bet you will see slightly higher base prices for the 2006 model.
One factor will be how much is added as standard equipment.
If GM adds On Star and XM as standard, you know that some of it will show up in the base price.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM
carjon
Burning Brakes

I do think the seats are different from base to 1SA but have never sat in base so can't tell you if confort is different.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Marvin Johnson, AKA SuperChevyICM, told us in another thread to expect approximately 1% to 2% increase for the 2006 prices over the 2005 prices.

ISA adds the following features to 1SX:
• Luggage shade and cargo
convenience net
• Side-impact air bags for driver
and passenger
• 6-way power passenger seat
• Sport bucket seats with perforated
leather seating surfaces and power
lumbar and wing adjustment

1SB adds the following features to the 1SA:
• Auto-dimming inside and driverside
outside rearview mirrors
• Head-Up Display (HUD)
• Heated driver and passenger seats
• HomeLink® transmitter
• Inside rearview mirror with
compass
• Memory package with two driver
settings
• Power telescopic steering column
with manual tilt
• RDS AM/FM stereo with 6-disc
in-dash CD changer, MP3
playback and Bose® premium
7-speaker system
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
bz94z28
Racer

I would definately get the 1sb pkg..... why do you want dual roofs? I went with the glass top and I would have never used the solid top. Skip that and get the Nav package. I didn't really need it, but it does make the dash look ultracool.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
DISCMAN68
Advanced

I really can't seem to find a dealership that is still taking a 2005 order, most have started with the 2006 orders. So you think about a 2% increase between the price of 2005-2006. A dealer quoted me a price of 4% over the 2005 MSRP for a 2006. Do you think I can get a better deal out there, if so when would be the best time to order, (end of month, end of year?) I was also going to order one with my girlfriend's Uncle, do you think a dealer would jump on this opportunity to sell two vettes at one time, or because of the quantity allocation of the corvette, this wouldn't be a big selling point.

P.S. Thank you everyone for all the info on the interior.
Does anyone have any feedback about the Z51 performance package? I heard the tires run out quick.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
mlongo99
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I origionally ordered 1SX but upgraded to 1SA when it went unavailable for a few months. I'm glad I upgraded. The best part is that the seats get adjustable lumbar and side bolster supports. On long trips my back normally starts to hurt, but being able to use these extra adjustments I get the proper support. I couldn't believe that I could drive for 3.5 hours straight and not move around in my seat at all. I love these seats. This plus a little extra peace of mind with the side airbags is worth it in my opinion. Besides $1500 more to the price of the car is barely noticeable.

As for Z51, some people wear out tires quick, not others. I think there are too many variables in tire wear to know if you will have an issue with it. I like the package and wouldn't have considered getting the car without it.

Last edited by mlongo99; 06-22-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really can't seem to find a dealership that is still taking a 2005 order, most have started with the 2006 orders. So you think about a 2% increase between the price of 2005-2006. A dealer quoted me a price of 4% over the 2005 MSRP for a 2006.
Many dealers are taking deposits on 2006s. At this time, the system will not accept 2006 orders, and that's why your dealer doesn't want to bother with it. Probably some time in early to mid-July, dealers will be able to submit "preliminary orders" which are in the system but not accepted by GM.

During July, GM will determine proposed allocations to eligible dealers. I am not sure about the details, but any premlininary orders may be considered in the allocation process. On July 28, GM will accept the first 2006 orders as "placed orders" from dealers with allocation, and those orders will be "pulled" for production scheduling the following Tuesday.

Don't use a guesstimated price increase on this years prices to make your deal. Make your deal on the basis of discounting from the official 2006 MSRP, or the dealer's factory invoice plus whatever can be agreed on...the MSRP and dealer's invoice will be numbers that will publically available once the new cars are introduced. At 4% price increase, it sounds like your dealer is making himself a comfortable cushion.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Base Seats

Originally Posted by carjon
I do think the seats are different from base to 1SA but have never sat in base so can't tell you if confort is different.
They did away with the Base Seats on the C6......
Old 06-22-2005, 04:59 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I really can't seem to find a dealership that is still taking a 2005 order, most have started with the 2006 orders. So you think about a 2% increase between the price of 2005-2006. A dealer quoted me a price of 4% over the 2005 MSRP for a 2006. Do you think I can get a better deal out there, if so when would be the best time to order, (end of month, end of year?) I was also going to order one with my girlfriend's Uncle, do you think a dealer would jump on this opportunity to sell two vettes at one time, or because of the quantity allocation of the corvette, this wouldn't be a big selling point.

P.S. Thank you everyone for all the info on the interior.
Does anyone have any feedback about the Z51 performance package? I heard the tires run out quick.
Your profile doesn't list any location, so it's hard to recommend a dealer. However, most of the forum supporting dealers will be glad to order you two vettes, probably with a good discount. Most dealers that don't handle many vettes will have a tough time ordering 2 at one time, due to the allocation process. Our supporting dealers include several of the top 10 vette dealers in the country, and they can either arrange a courtesy delivery to a local dealer, or better yet, Museum delivery.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the 1SB package and I do like ALL of the options/content that come with 1SB. To me, it is worth it.

Get notified of new replies

To Iterior Options On New C6 And Msrp Question

Old 06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
DISCMAN68
Advanced

WHere do I contact the forum dealers? I noticed in the buy a vette section a lot of the dealers are located on the East Coast. Will that be a problem in transportation? I live in Chino California which is just East of Los Angeles. What do you think would be a fair price for the 2006 C6 off MSRP? Thanks for all the info.

Last edited by DISCMAN68; 06-22-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Were do I contact the forum dealers? I noticed in the buy a vette section a lot of the dealers are located on the East Coast. Will that be a problem in transportation? I live in Chino California which is just East of Los Angeles. What do you think would be a fair price for the 2006 C6 off MSRP? Thanks for all the info.

Yeah, the dealers in CA can find enough poor dumb souls who want to pay a premium over MSRP, so none want to be a supporting dealer. However, check with your local dealers, and see if they are willing to do a courtesy delivery. Some will for a small fee. The car is then shipped from BG to the local dealer, instead of the one you are buying it from. Also, given the cheap price of airline tickets, flying to a dealer and driving home is not out of the question. Also, Museum delivery, which any dealer can order. Either way, just make sure they specify CA emissions, so the proper sticker is under your hood, for the ol' CA DMV.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:30 PM
juiceman03070
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by calemasters
I have the 1SB package and I do like ALL of the options/content that come with 1SB. To me, it is worth it.
ya what he said

Quick Reply: Iterior Options On New C6 And Msrp Question