C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door problem........

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 03:22 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Door problem........

Passenger door.........with the window up, it works fine all the time interior or exterior press button. With the window down, press the interior button and the door partially unlatches but not enough to open the door! ( about 75% of the time) Use the outside press pad and the door opens ok window up or down! Any ideas about what's not right here??? Thanks...........
Old 06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
famous1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a door problem once myself. I didn't notice any indication that my driver side door wasn't shut all the way. I made a hard right turn and my door flew open. Luckily there was no damage. I could not reproduce the problem. Subsequent attempts to drive with the door not properly closed resulted in an indication from the DIC. Testing the pressing of the door open button while in gear, of course did not result in a duplicate failure. Just a freak occurrence I guess. I am making sure the door is properly closed from now on.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

After spending a little more time with it, I may have solved my own problem........its actually unrelated to the window up or down.....what it is related to is whether or not you hold the handle while pushing the button............if you hold the handle and slightly put any inward pressure on the door and push the button the door does not fully release and must be pulled tight shut in order to get it to open on a second try. Don't hold the handle and touch the button.........the door releases everytime! My wife was the one having the problem......now when she grabs the handle and pushes the button she makes sure that any pressure on the handle is outward.............no problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Door problem........

Quick Reply: Door problem........