C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Vette is Finally in my Garage, Long Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Cambria
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Vette is Finally in my Garage, Long Story

When I first came to this forum I didn't know much about the car of my dreams except it was fast, pretty expensive and I wanted it. Wow have things have changed thanks to all of you.

I loved the way the C5 looked and told my fiance I wanted that car, until I saw the C6. The C6 IMO was the best looking Vette ever built and I knew from that point I was going to have it.

I started to look at the Vette in Sept, 1 month after I bought my 2004 Acura TL. Needless to say I was not a happy camper because I had the Acura and wanted a Vette. The Acura did get me started in Forums though, I joined an acura forum and after not enjoying myself to much I decided to join the Vette Forum.

On this Forum I discovered all kinds of exciting things from true stats and pics on the car, to problems people were having (I love having both sides to a story, good and bad), to the pure enjoyment and honor in some people's posts.

I met a guy named Dennis here (thanks Dennis!!!!!). He helped me along and gave me a GMID. He said the only problem I am going to have is have someone allow me to use it.

I live in the San Fran Bay Area and I was practically laughed out of town. One dealer told me he would do it for me but later found out he didn't have allocation (which I didn't know was a problem for small dealers except by the forum!). I called all over and found 2 dealers that were willing to accept the discount, 1 in Boise Idaho and 1 in Columbus Ohio (Jack Maxton, Chevrolet ask for Aaron). The one in Idaho wanted a non refundable 2k deposit (I know they can't keep it but why deal with a dealership who wants to start business like that) and Maxton wanted a 1k refundable deposit. Needless to say I went with Maxton and was happy.

Now I had to get the timing right, I needed to sell my car so I can have the money for the Vette. I was able to find a free internet site that allowed me to advertise and was able to sell the car (www.craigslist.com). Now the waiting began. I selected a LMB/1SB/NAV/F55 (constraint on Z51 was a big issue for some) for museum delivery and told the dealership I wanted to go sometime in June.

During this time we bought my fiance a 05 Mustang GT Vert. She had a coupe on order for employee pricing but because she didn't want to wait anylonger ended up going MSRP on a Vert they had in stock. She just got tired of waiting and I couldn't blame her.

The problem with that is she was getting really excited about my car on order and kept asking me what is the order number, build date, etc. I was getting a little impatient as well and decided to call my dealer and ask what he on the lot. With the info that GMS wasn't going to be accepted after June I decided I would try to get one on the lot. Low and behold he had a lmb/Z51/Nav/6speed on the lot. The car I wanted with the Z51! I told him I would be there to get it, 2 days later we were on a plane...

I picked my car up on a chilly Sunday morning. She was beautiful and I was so happy! We drove her to the Cleveland Area (where I am from to see family) all the way to California. We started our drive 1pm (EST) Monday and made it back the the bay area 6pm Wednesday(PST).

During my wonderful drive I got my first speeding ticket in almost 3 years. Some cop in Newton, Iowa said he paced me. BULL****. My Valentine 1 went nuts and I slowed down. It stopped I got back up to normal driving speed, about a 100 and noone was behind me, no lights but all of a sudden the cop comes shooting up on my ***. Lets me know he got me doing 90 in a 65. I am like what did you hit me with, he said nothing I paced you. I wasn't even doing 90. I will be doing a trial by mail and hopefully this cop won't write a letter back. I said I just got the car I was testing her and he told me "if I had a brand new Vette I wouldn't be driving 90 on the highway and if I did I would expect something like this to happen". Bull**** again. He was jealous bottom line. He was angry he couldn't clock me.

I also reached my fastest speed ever on the way home. 170 MPH in a stretch of highway the was wide open. There weren't anyother cars on the road so I wasn't putting anyone else at risk. I got to open in her up and at 170 in 5th it was still pulling. Very amazing beast.

After I came home I took her to a laser car wash but to get some of the "gunk" off of her. It is like everybug in the world wanted to commit suicide on my winshield and front bumper. The next morning I woke up, gave her a proper bath and now she sits in my garage, nice and clean!

Thanks to everyone on the forum who make helpful posts. I am on a few other forums and this is by far the best. Please excuse me for some of my ramblings, I am a very excited man!

P.S. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Last edited by Cambria; 05-28-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:01 PM
dekaran
Racer

Default Fantastic

All the best with the Vette. drive safe... I hope i get the chance to open up the Vette. I'm in the Northeast..tough to find empty roads like that.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations! Here's wishing you may miles of smiles in your new C6.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:13 PM
MyBabyLovesVette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cambria
When I first came to this forum I didn't know much about the car of my dreams except it was fast, pretty expensive and I wanted it. Wow have things have changed thanks to all of you.

I loved the way the C5 looked and told my fiance I wanted that car, until I saw the C6. The C6 IMO was the best looking Vette ever built and I knew from that point I was going to have it.

I started to look at the Vette in Sept, 1 month after I bought my 2004 Acura TL. Needless to say I was not a happy camper because I had the Acura and wanted a Vette. The Acura did get me started in Forums though, I joined an acura forum and after not enjoying myself to much I decided to join the Vette Forum.

On this Forum I discovered all kinds of exciting things from true stats and pics on the car, to problems people were having (I love having both sides to a story, good and bad), to the pure enjoyment and honor in some people's posts.

I met a guy named Dennis here (thanks Dennis!!!!!). He helped me along and gave me a GMID. He said the only problem I am going to have is have someone allow me to use it.

I live in the San Fran Bay Area and I was practically laughed out of town. One dealer told me he would do it for me but later found out he didn't have allocation (which I didn't know was a problem for small dealers except by the forum!). I called all over and found 2 dealers that were willing to accept the discount, 1 in Boise Idaho and 1 in Columbus Ohio (Jack Maxton, Chevrolet ask for Aaron). The one in Idaho wanted a non refundable 2k deposit (I know they can't keep it but why deal with a dealership who wants to start business like that) and Maxton wanted a 1k refundable deposit. Needless to say I went with Maxton and was happy.

Now I had to get the timing right, I needed to sell my car so I can have the money for the Vette. I was able to find a free internet site that allowed me to advertise and was able to sell the car (www.craigslist.com). Now the waiting began. I selected a LMB/1SB/NAV/F55 (constraint on Z51 was a big issue for some) for museum delivery and told the dealership I wanted to go sometime in June.

During this time we bought my fiance a 05 Mustang GT Vert. She had a coupe on order for employee pricing but because she didn't want to wait anylonger ended up going MSRP on a Vert they had in stock. She just got tired of waiting and I couldn't blame her.

The problem with that is she was getting really excited about my car on order and kept asking me what is the order number, build date, etc. I was getting a little impatient as well and decided to call my dealer and ask what he on the lot. With the info that GMS wasn't going to be accepted after June I decided I would try to get one on the lot. Low and behold he had a lmb/Z51/Nav/6speed on the lot. The car I wanted with the Z51! I told him I would be there to get it, 2 days later we were on a plane...

I picked my car up on a chilly Sunday morning. She was beautiful and I was so happy! We drove her to the Cleveland Area (where I am from to see family) all the way to California. We started our drive 1pm (EST) Monday and made it back the the bay area 6pm (PST).

During my wonderful drive I got my first speeding ticket in almost 3 years. Some cop in Newton, Iowa said he paced me. BULL****. My Valentine 1 went nuts and I slowed down. It stopped I got back up to normal driving speed, about a 100 and noone was behind me, no lights but all of a sudden the cop comes shooting up on my ***. Lets me know he got me doing 90 in a 65. I am like what did you hit me with, he said nothing I paced you. I wasn't even doing 90. I will be doing a trial by mail and hopefully this cop won't write a letter back. I said I just got the car I was testing her and he told me "if I had a brand new Vette I wouldn't be driving 90 on the highway and if I did I would expect something like this to happen". Bull**** again. He was jealous bottom line. He was angry he couldn't clock me.

I also reached my fastest speed ever on the way home. 170 MPH in a stretch of highway the was wide open. There weren't anyother cars on the road so I wasn't putting anyone else at risk. I got to open in her up and at 170 in 5th it was still pulling. Very amazing beast.

After I came home I took her to a laser car wash but to get some of the "gunk" off of her. It is like everybug in the world wanted to commit suicide on my winshield and front bumper. The next morning I woke up, gave her a proper bath and now she sits in my garage, nice and clean!

Thanks to everyone on the forum who make helpful posts. I am on a few other forums and this is by far the best. Please excuse me for some of my ramblings, I am a very excited man!

P.S. I will post pics when I get a chance.

God dang it, I really don't think he could recall our first date as well as he can recall the first day he picked up the Vette... "one chilly sunday morning?" gee.. I am Jealous.. hey in my defense, wouldn't you like to know the order number of your dream car and the status of it? I mean we are members of a wonderful forum.. and they're willing to help with the info.. why not? Lots of people would love to have access to the info we have.. He's the one that wanted to get a base car off the lot instead of giving me the info so I can find out the status. So who restless now??? ...
Old 05-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Cambria
Racer

She is suppose to be at work and not reading the forums. Please excuse her guys, she probably didn't have her morning Starbucks!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:20 PM
MyBabyLovesVette
Instructor

She is suppose to be at work and not reading the forums. Please excuse her guys, she probably didn't have her morning Starbucks!
Im on my labtop and sorry i'm not the one that get to sleep in. and I'm surfing the forum for stuffs I'd want to buy for YOUR car.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Cambria
Racer

Zaino, Lloyd mats, and something that will cover the back to kinda give it a trunk feeling like when the top is in there.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestion for that?

Oh btw I read the thread about the mem gathering and included us in. We are going to have to leave at like 7:30am.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
BowtieBrigade
Racer

We also bought from Aaron at Jack Maxton.

Congrats!
Old 05-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Cambria
Racer

Nice, what color did you get?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:47 PM
ASZ2222
Melting Slicks

Congrats! Enjoy the car.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:41 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It is like everybug in the world wanted to commit suicide on my winshield and front bumper.
At 170, seems more like murder than suicide!
Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 PM
MyBabyLovesVette
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmb13
At 170, seems more like murder than suicide!
LMAO..hhahahha... so true
Old 05-28-2005, 08:52 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 384 Likes on 271 Posts

SUPER!!! Drive safe!!

Get notified of new replies

To The Vette is Finally in my Garage, Long Story

Quick Reply: The Vette is Finally in my Garage, Long Story