C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth phone with c6

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
422 NES
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth phone with c6

What is up with the bluetooth technology and the c6. Is that applicable? I know that the car has the phone hardware to talk to onstar. Is it anyway to hook the car up to a regular cell phone?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:04 PM
mikeyc6
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The C6 doesn't support Bluetooth.

Mike
Old 04-03-2005, 03:13 AM
RX4WRK
Burning Brakes

Default Long in tooth...not blue tooth....

Bought some minutes for the On Star phone ...

and it is frustrating to use with the voice commands...

you can get "long in the tooth" by the time you get a successful call!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
skfurr
Racer

Originally Posted by 422 NES
What is up with the bluetooth technology and the c6. Is that applicable? I know that the car has the phone hardware to talk to onstar. Is it anyway to hook the car up to a regular cell phone?
Soundgate has a interface that goes between the OnStar (if you have it) and the headunit. It mutes the radio same as OnStar and routes the output from a handsfree kit to the speakers. You still have to use your own microphone from your handsfree kit. Part number is GMCELL. If you do have OnStar, you should add two relays to switch one out while the other is active to keep the output from one from feeding into the outputs from the other.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundgmcell.html

Just add the Bluetooth kit of choice and you're good to go. I'm planning to install a SonyEricsson HBC-300. The control looks like it would be a good match for the aluminum painted center console area. Will probably install overtop of the "passenger airbag off" light.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=HCB-300

I haven't done this yet, was hoping to install the (forthcoming) GM CD Changer at the same time... may have to break down and just go ahead and do the Bluetooth first. Doesn't look like the changer is gonna be released anytime soon.

Stephen

Get notified of new replies

To bluetooth phone with c6

Quick Reply: bluetooth phone with c6