C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anyway to search dealer inventory (across the country) with color and option

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Received 1,189 Likes on 542 Posts

Default Is there anyway to search dealer inventory (across the country) with color and option

chevy.com shows every c6 around. I need across the country with specific color and options. Thanks John
Old 03-30-2005, 07:04 PM
carjon
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't find it at the moment but there is a tool that someone on the forum wrote to search nationally. probably 4 or more pages back but if you look or someone will also answer
Old 03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
GTC
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

One of the guys here had a really slick webpage that interfaced with the GMbuypower webpage/database and did exactly what you wanted. Unfortunately, it appears that GM changed something in the www interface to break it. I don't know of any other webpage to do exact color and option lookup.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carjon
can't find it at the moment but there is a tool that someone on the forum wrote to search nationally. probably 4 or more pages back but if you look or someone will also answer
He posted today that GM changed something and his search is not working at this time.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
NoThugs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
He posted today that GM changed something and his search is not working at this time.
http://www.jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

Here is the web page, but it is currently not working. Hopefully Jeff will get it fixed.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
U2bassAce
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

BTW use

UI: corvetteforum
PW: corvetteforum

Hope he gets it working again. Darn I was gonna see if there are anymore 6 speed Mag Red Verts out there.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 PM
vette1998
Instructor

I hate to see that this site is down, without it I wouldn't have my new Mag red vert in my garage!!! Hopefully Jeff or someone here can help get this back up and running, my search before I found it was exhausting and unrewarding.....

Good Luck!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:13 PM
TMorey
1st Gear

I found my C6 (well - it will be mine next week) through his site. I hope he gets it running again soon.

Thanks Jeff!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
montivette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok this is a site that will do lookups which are locally based on ZIP code but it takes some extra steps outlined below. For me it did include dealers which were several hundred miles away however. I suppose you could put in a different ZIP code in a different state if you wanted to search another area.

http://www.gmbuypower.com

1. Click on Chevrolet
2. Click on Corvette
3. On Top tabs select either Coupe or Convertible
4. Click on Build this Vehicle in left margin
5. Select your options
6. Once you get to the page "Build Your Own Summary" click on bottom where it says "Search Dealer Inventory"
7.Then click on "Search Inventory" next to one of the listed dealers (even if you know they don't have the car you want.
8. On the next page click on "Search Nearby Dealerships"

It will then give you several pages of Corvettes stocked at different dealerships with the percentage of match to your options. The percentages are kind of messed up (are based on primary option group 1SA 1SB and color only and not transmission choices)

But at least from this page you will be able to see what colors of Vettes are stocked where.

OK it is a bit of doing to get to the page but it worked for me. I ran around to the dealers on this list and at least for me, every car I was interested in was actually sitting at the dealerships.

Also, of interest, if you can find a dealer willing to accept GMID pricing, you can go to this website first:
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/employ...h_pricing.html

Then from the "Vehicle Shopping" pulldown menu select GMID pricing. It will then take you to the GMBuypower web page listed above, but this time by magic, once you build your Corvette, both the MSRP and GMID pricing will be shown.

If you are unfamiliar with GMID pricing you can do a forum search and there are a variety of threads which discuss it. However you need to know someone at GM who is willing to give you one of their discount "certificates" or discount "codes." They only get a limited amount of them per month to give to friends and family members.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spent hours yesterday trying to find this thread and Jeff's tool....and now I find it's down! I wish I knew enough ot help get it back up. I can't find anything like it. GM's Buy Power is very poor by comparison.

I wanted to search the country to find a Silver/Grey (interior) car to view before ordering... and was considering flying where ever to do so.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there anyway to search dealer inventory (across the country) with color and option

Quick Reply: Is there anyway to search dealer inventory (across the country) with color and option