C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Advice from Forum Members, please..

Old 03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Matrix6028
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Advice from Forum Members, please..

I am within (I believe) two months of serious negotiations with a local dealer on a C6 Coupe. The dealer is willing to take me GMID Cert. We have briefly talked about where I need to be in month lease payments. The current hold up is my existing lease on a '02 Bonneville. Hopefully GM will have a pull ahead program to allow me out of my lease sooner.
Question I have is how should I start dealing on this Vette. I see many forum members are VERY educated on how to attack this issue and get the BEST possible price. Any helpful suggestion would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:30 AM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

I thought GMID pricing was the same as GM Supplier, which is about the same as invoice? If so, that's about as good as it gets on a C6.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:09 AM
stlthxlr8r
Racer

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
I thought GMID pricing was the same as GM Supplier, which is about the same as invoice? If so, that's about as good as it gets on a C6.

Unless you can get GMS (GM employee pricing) I dont think the dealer will go down any further.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
My First Vet
Advanced

GMiD is the same a Supplier pricing. If you get a dealer to take it you are doing well. As an example, my C6’s MSRP was $53,590, the Supplier price was $47383.56, the difference in price $6206.44. (GMS price would have been $45346.35) all three of these prices are on the vehicle invoice the dealer has.)

I was able to obtain the GMiD price along with the GM Loyalty $1,500 (January only) discount on a C6. Timing and Dealer circumstances are everything though. I made my deal at the end of the month. I think that helped. After making the deal, I found out that the Dealer’s General Manager had ordered the car for a friend in early November (invoice date 11/19/04) and the deal feel through. When I thanked the GM for working with me on the discounts, he mentioned something about approaching the 90 day mark on the car. Not sure what the dealer ramifications are at 90 days, although I’m sure it has something to do with costing him money.

My advice, be well informed, have your GMiD referral act together (as you do), know what C6 you want, and (in my opinion) work the deal at the end of the month for best results.

My total discount off MSRP was $7706 for exactly the C6 I wanted!! I’ll admit I was very, very, lucky. But sometimes you greatly influence your luck by being well prepared.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Matrix6028
Instructor

Originally Posted by My First Vet
GMiD is the same a Supplier pricing. If you get a dealer to take it you are doing well. As an example, my C6’s MSRP was $53,590, the Supplier price was $47383.56, the difference in price $6206.44. (GMS price would have been $45346.35) all three of these prices are on the vehicle invoice the dealer has.)

I was able to obtain the GMiD price along with the GM Loyalty $1,500 (January only) discount on a C6. Timing and Dealer circumstances are everything though. I made my deal at the end of the month. I think that helped. After making the deal, I found out that the Dealer’s General Manager had ordered the car for a friend in early November (invoice date 11/19/04) and the deal feel through. When I thanked the GM for working with me on the discounts, he mentioned something about approaching the 90 day mark on the car. Not sure what the dealer ramifications are at 90 days, although I’m sure it has something to do with costing him money.

My advice, be well informed, have your GMiD referral act together (as you do), know what C6 you want, and (in my opinion) work the deal at the end of the month for best results.

My total discount off MSRP was $7706 for exactly the C6 I wanted!! I’ll admit I was very, very, lucky. But sometimes you greatly influence your luck by being well prepared.
I know the GMID is a good start - but I think I might need a little more help to get the payments where I need them. The car has been on their lot for 45+ days. I know they want to sell it before the magic 90-day thing. But I also know good weather is heading our way very soon, so they might not deal as much. I don't know...
This dealer in early February had 3 Vettes - now ONE. The weather in Iowa is starting to get a bit better. I don't think the one I am looking at will last long. I definitely don't want the dealer know I am thinking this! But then again, I cannot get the Vette until I dispose of the Bonneville lease! Would a dealer do anything like take a down payment to hold a car?? Something that would allow me more time to get out of the Bonneville lease?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:48 AM
vettnutt
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Matrix6028
I know the GMID is a good start - but I think I might need a little more help to get the payments where I need them. The car has been on their lot for 45+ days. I know they want to sell it before the magic 90-day thing. But I also know good weather is heading our way very soon, so they might not deal as much. I don't know...
This dealer in early February had 3 Vettes - now ONE. The weather in Iowa is starting to get a bit better. I don't think the one I am looking at will last long. I definitely don't want the dealer know I am thinking this! But then again, I cannot get the Vette until I dispose of the Bonneville lease! Would a dealer do anything like take a down payment to hold a car?? Something that would allow me more time to get out of the Bonneville lease?
Any of the GM pricing programs is the best you're gonna do. Dealers don't negotiate under those prices. If you are eligible for any of the programs, you walk in and drive out (if the dealer will even accept the program). If you want lower payments, you'll have to put more down. Good luck...
Old 03-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you use GMID that price is set. There's no negotiation with it. The only you could try to do better is forget GMID and negotiate a price on your own. This would be very hard to do. First you would be asking the dealer to sell it for less, Second he would also be giving up what GM reimburses him for GMID.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:48 AM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

One more thing, if GMID rules are the same as GM Supplier rules, they are not supposed to add dealer prep or advertising (which can be 2% ), to the bottom line. They will add those costs to a negotiated price. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Noggles
Team Owner

Location: Adventure, excitement ... a Jedi craves not these things.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

GMID

Go for it.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by vettnutt
Any of the GM pricing programs is the best you're gonna do. Dealers don't negotiate under those prices. If you are eligible for any of the programs, you walk in and drive out (if the dealer will even accept the program). If you want lower payments, you'll have to put more down. Good luck...
That isn't exactly true. Very rare, but it is possible. Here is what I do. My dealer sells any vehicle to me for invoice. He makes more money off of my buying with GM Supplier. So what I do is buy GM Supplier, and then he split the extra money with me
Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

You can get out of that lease but it may cost you some money to do so especially if you are "upside down" in the lease. That will be added into your new lease. If the lease is from GMAC, they may cut you a break because you are getting into a new GM vehicle.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Matrix6028
Instructor

Yes - if I get the Vette, it would be my 3rd lease. I have been told they drop a lot of fees if you lease another GM vehicle.
I thinking timing will be everything. If the weather turns to c#ap in the next month and a half, I think I'll get what I want in the C6.
But, if we have an earily Spring - then I'll be SOL!

Get notified of new replies

To Little Advice from Forum Members, please..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Little Advice from Forum Members, please..