C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With Buying A Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Gussy913
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default I Need Help With Buying A Car Cover

I'm sure this topic was posted but i find nothing when i search, i might not be doing it right. Can anyone recomend a car cover for an outdoor kept C6. I saw the cover that the forum store sell's for $379 and was wondering if that was a good cover or was there something else that's the same or equal for less money. Thanks for your time and your input.

Chris

Last edited by Gussy913; 02-17-2005 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Mocoso
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im looking for cover as well... I found the prices in the forum store to be fair but given I have no clue exactly what type will be enough for my needs and given there is a huge nationwide car cover company that is on my way to work I decided to pay them a visit... Ill be going tomorrow to pick a cover out... PM me tomorrow night and Ill let you know what I learned... what type of weather are you planning on seeing - is it more to protect against sun, rain, or snow/ice? I think that along with proper fit would dictate the type of cover and cost for it
Old 02-17-2005, 03:42 AM
SSR
Racer

Originally Posted by Gussy913
I'm sure this topic was posted but i find nothing when i search, i might not be doing it right. Can anyone recomend a car cover for an outdoor kept C6. I saw the cover that the forum store sell's for $379 and was wondering if that was a good cover or was there something else that's the same or equal for less money. Thanks for your time and your input.

Chris
I too park my car outside and just recently received my car cover from www.calcarcover.com. It's a Noah. Approximately $ 209. Have used it more than a few times now and it looks like it's a quality cover. The only time when i'm not using the cover when it's going to rain. But when Summer's here, i'll definitely use it on a daily basis so as to avoid the heat/sun/bird's poop.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Mocoso
Drifting

Thats the place Im gona stop at tomorrow... their headquarters are in the valley.. Ill check out the Noah - how come you dont use it in the rain?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 AM
SSR
Racer

Originally Posted by Mocoso
Thats the place Im gona stop at tomorrow... their headquarters are in the valley.. Ill check out the Noah - how come you dont use it in the rain?
I don't use it in the rain b/c (1) it's my daily driver so it'd eventually get wet if and when i remove the cover; (2) i don't want to bring a wet car cover inside the house to dry it off or leave it out and wait for it to dry. I'm sure (or at least i would hope) that the cover would do well in the rain.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:27 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Let the flames fly ... got mine at Wall Mart for $25. Almost a perfect fit with a 2 year unconditional guaranty.

So at $379 I could buy 15 of these or 30 years worth! Seems pretty simple.

BTW ... I have had one with the same material on my boat for 4 years now and it looks new.

Originally Posted by Gussy913

Chris
Old 02-17-2005, 02:44 PM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Check here. Free shipping.

http://www.autoanything.com/car_truck_accessories.aspx
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
PJinNJ
Racer

Default Cal cover

I have been using the California car covers cover for a couple of months in New Jersey, snow, ice and rain and it is quite a nice cover. The storm buster one I believe but I can check the model, I paid I think 279.
I saw recently that GM now sells a nice cover for outdoor kept Vettes and it was a lower price and comes in several colors.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
DigitalMan
Pro

Bought a Weathshield cover from http://www.carcoverworld.com/Corvette.asp and it was delivered quickly and looks great. This is my 3rd weathershield I use mine mostly indoors and outside in light weather. With lock and bag it was right at $250+.. not cheap.. but I like the small package and being able to wash it in the home machine.

Last edited by DigitalMan; 02-17-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Russ Schaeffer
Heel & Toe

I've been using car cover on a daily basis for more than 3 decades. I have a lot of experience with the Noah. It's a good cover but if used daily it will break down over time and leave dust (from the cover) on your car, my covers last about a year and I usually get 2 for free and that takes me to the end of the warranty period. I have not found a better product but some of the cheaper ones last just as long. For most people the cover will last longer than they own the car.

Thanx,
Russ
Old 02-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Psalm91
Advanced

I ordered the ultrasoft cover from autoanything.com and it should be in any day now. I keep my c6 in the garage so I got the ultrasoft cover which is for indoor use.
I have the stormshield from westcoastcorvette.com but I don't like the inside lining. Its not soft enough. The ultrasoft is supposed to be the best indoor cover. When you order it they make it for your car which is cool.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:46 PM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Stormshield two tone, bought from corvette central...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:54 PM
c64lucky
Burning Brakes

I received a Monogrammed Corvette Car Cover and a gift certificate as a Gift from Rick Daniel when I purchased my C6 from Les Stanford Chev.

Nice afterthought,

Lucky
Old 02-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Gussy913
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks everyone for all the great information.. i will get back to you on what i order as soon as i check them all out and compare. Picking up car at Kerbeck on Sat Morning...MYellow,1SB,Z51,NAV,QX1,XM,MN6

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help With Buying A Car Cover

Quick Reply: Need Help With Buying A Car Cover