C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selective Ride - bad shock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 08:03 PM
need1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selective Ride - bad shock?

I know there has been several previous threads on the pros and cons of selective ride but I have some specific questions I was unable to find anywhere. I have a DIC message that says "service ride control" - my local dealer says it is a bad shock and has the replacement on order. My question is - has anyone else had a bad shock issue yet with selective ride? I have read the threads that say that these shocks although expensive, shouldnt have as many issues....I was wondering if that is proving to be true. My second question is that there was a thread discussing a miswired harness on the ride control (causing it to not have any observable effect) - was that determined to be an isolated case or should I have them check that also?
Old 02-11-2005, 11:31 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the car ride normally, or does it seem abnormally stiff (even at one corner)? It is possible that they left one shock stuffer in when they prepped the car. If the ride seems normal, then it is just possible that there really is a bad shock. The system has been relatively trouble free, but anything can fail.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:44 PM
rbranvold
Advanced

Originally Posted by mforman42
Does the car ride normally, or does it seem abnormally stiff (even at one corner)? It is possible that they left one shock stuffer in when they prepped the car. If the ride seems normal, then it is just possible that there really is a bad shock. The system has been relatively trouble free, but anything can fail.

There are no "shock stuffers" in the C6.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:40 AM
need1
Intermediate

The car rode normally for about 1700 miles (driving cross country) and then I got the display message. I thought I detected a slightly rougher ride but couldnt be absolutely sure as it was mostly highway driving. A dealer I talked to then told me it was probably a sensor. When I got it home and took it in to get it checked out, they told me a shock was bad.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:04 PM
GTC
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Both of the rear shocks in my F55 '03 vette went bad, and I got the "service ride control" messages on the dic. The electrical connector to the shock was cracked and busted open. I think the shock itself was fine...

When you are in for service, ask to see the bad shock. I bet you'll see that the connector is cracked. Something like

Get notified of new replies

To Selective Ride - bad shock?

Quick Reply: Selective Ride - bad shock?