Sponsored by:

[Z06] Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:13 AM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers

There is a troll on the VCA forum that I have tried (unsuccessfully) to convince that we have many stock or near stock Z06's running low 12's, and even a few running high 11's. He claims to have never seen a stock Z06 run better than a 12.5. He never posts his times, I believe he is a keyboard racer, and I know he has with a crap attitude.

Can some of you who drag race your cars in SoCal PLEASE go the the Viper forum - http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_forums.htm

Look at the Z06 vs Viper video thread in their racing section, scroll through it and challenge this troll Russ - and win or lose prove what our cars are capable of? I tire of the debate with Russ, so just let me know the outcome, I don't plan to visit the thread.

Later, and good luck!

Les

Old 07-13-2003, 01:53 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Default Re: Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers (ZO6Les)

Pat and his wife have accepted (so far), here is what I posted on VCA.

Russ,

Here is the post from Pat (and his wife). He accepts the challenge and has listed his mods. His email is included, you two agree a time and place and Pat will video the event for ALL to see. More may accept the challenge, so I will have Pat let the Vette forums know so that we can have more "samples".

From Pat:

My email is qi@qinsp.com

"My mod list:
Aftermarket muffler, stock cats and manifold in place. 6hp increase.
Top of aircleaner removed
Tuned for running in summer heat
DOT-legal street tires.
Red Fuzzy Dice on mirror - 100hp increase using G-Tech.

Carlsbad is good, will video tape it, win or lose."

Pat

So there it is Russ, you have been talking a lot about how fast you are and how slow we are. Time to walk the walk. Play safe, but make sure you are on your "A" game, even racing a lowly near stock Z

Les
Old 07-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Sinco
Racer

Hi ZO6Les,
Let me know if this challenge goes foward I for one would like to see it. Some of those Viper guys are stubborn.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:01 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Default Re: Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers (Sinco)

Greg Irvine and Pat (McRat), as well as Mrs. McRat, have posted a response to the challenge. One guy (SnakeBitten) who has claimed on VCA as well as the "other" Z06 forum that any Viper can "walk a Z06 like a Civic" is already hedging the outcome by saying if the Viper loses it will be because of the driver, not the car. So sad :(

It is interesting to watch the culture on the VCA board. Most of the Viper guys are pretty cool, like most Vette guys, they have their bad apples, just like us. But here if someone is being rude to a guest others of us chip in and say enough, that has not happened on the Viper forum. Also, we all know that many of us have won many races (and admitted some loses) to Vipers. On the VCA forum you NEVER see someone come in and defend us, point out bad behavior on their part, or - God forbid, even ONE come in admit they have lost to a Z06. Interesting is all I am saying.

McRat and Greg will video the races if this Russ guy has the stones to accept the challenge. The results will be hosted for all to see, win or lose. :smash:

Les :cheers:
Hi ZO6Les,
Let me know if this challenge goes foward I for one would like to see it. Some of those Viper guys are stubborn.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:55 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about a 530 rwhp coupe on drag radials? :D I believe I know Russ - he has put together a few fun runs for us LA guys.....cool guy in my book (I haven't read the Viper thread yet).
Old 07-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Russ M
Instructor

Default Re: Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers (OliverM5)

Hey guys, seems like I am called a Troll on my own forum now :rolleyes: .

Les, obviously mistook me for someone else when the insults started flying. I have what is a very legitamate argument going with him, so please lets keep the internet insults down. I have had enough arguments with my former Supra crowd to last me a life time.

OliverM5,

Yep thats me, hows the car doing? You going to Mannis party? And no you can keep your 530rwhp vette to yourself :jester . I will have to pull the Supra out for the modified Vetts, please dont make me do that it has a nice 1inch layer of dust on it that I DO NOT WANT TO DISTURB. :nono:
Old 07-13-2003, 11:52 PM
stingray454
Drifting

I have a question: Who cares what some Viper owners think of Z06's? Viper owners have their Vipers that they're really proud of, and Z06 owners have their Z06's that they're really proud of. Both are fantastic performance cars, and are very close competitors. Anyone who thinks there is a huge performance gap between the two cars is either ignorant or dilusional. There's plenty of both out there, unfortunately.

Most Viper owners are cool and sensible. Don't waste your time arguing with the few ignorant and/or dilusional ones. You're never gonna change them.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:34 AM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers (Russ M)

You da man Russ......I would love to make it if my schedule allows! :cheers:
Old 07-14-2003, 01:30 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Russ, just run McRat already and lets see what happens. He offered to run on OEM radials and he has less mods than you (unless you count the fuzzy dice). I am reading nothing but a lot of excuses over on your forum. Step up.

BTW - My car goes quicker than 12.5 on OEM tires, stock motor, stock exhaust, no powershifting, slow 2.1 60' time. Do I need to post a slip for you?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Russ,

You have selective recall. I never mistook you for someone else. I never called you a troll.

You implied I was a liar to say that MANY stock 01 and 02 Z06's run mid 12's bone stock. You said I had to prove it, that NO Z06 had EVER been able to hang with you past 1st gear, I don;t believe YOU, and I am trying to prove that by offering up McRat. He has agreed to race you, now all I hear is excuses. SnakeBitten was being obnoxious on VCA, you were being a little rude but all in all I have no issue with you so long as you show up and race.

Enough already - take it to the track!

Les
Old 07-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Russ M
Instructor

Les,

Since I have obviously stated to McRat that I would love to try him out, this point seems have already been settled.

What I said was that the burder of proff is on you not the entire world to prove that you can run low 12's all day long as you claimed. You said an 02 Zo6 will run 12.3-12.4 all day long bone stock. I said it wont and I still say it cant and wont.

On the other thread seems another Viper guy with lots more drag racing experience in a Viper is inviting some of you guys to come to the track.

As far as me being a Keyboard racer? Well I guess that is exactly what we are doing right now, but YOU are the one who brought it up. And all you have to do is ask the Cali Vette owners about me and they will tell you the last thing I am is an internet troll. I have done countless canyon runs with many car clubs out here including the Vette guys, and never turn away from a race.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:23 PM
01 Mineral
Intermediate

Russ just wanted chime in and let you know I have a bone stock 02 that went 12.3 at 116 dead stock in bad weather with only a 2.0 60'. I was only able to run twice so the first ever run was a 12.4 at 115. With good weather and more track time I'm sure a 12.0 at 118 is more then possible out of this car with some solid non-bogging launches.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:41 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Russ,

I haven't been to the VCA board, in 3 months I have like 8 posts there, five on this topic :) I am glad you and McRat hooked up. Don't forget Greg as well. And don't forget your brag that NO Z06 has EVER stayed with you past 1st gear, and basically calling me a liar when I said I could take ANY bone stock 02/03 Z06 and run 12.3 - 12.4 all day long. You seem to think you know more about our cars than we do, which I find ignorant on your part.

I never accused you of being a troll, now are you saying I accused you of being a keyboard racer? Wasn't me - I did call SnakeBitten a troll (he is) and a keyboard racer (I believe he is). My only issue with you is your total lack of knowledge about what these cars can do not getting in the way of your opinions. You have a right, especially on your forum - where I have treated you with nothing but respect, while disagreeing with you. I have asked (and you never answer) is that if you spend as much time at the track as you claim, watching Z06's embarass themselves by running "never better than a 12.5" what YOU run in the 1/4 mile. Come on - you are in OUR forum now Russ, fess up! :)

If someone on VCA is calling out Vette guys, I hope he is in Atlanta. I'll drop in later and see. Remember I promised to leave that thread after I got you and McRat together, sounds like mission accomplished. Now we wait on the video.

Les

[Modified by ZO6Les, 12:43 PM 7/14/2003]
Old 07-14-2003, 02:48 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Russ, whatever gets you through the night bro. Some of these "mythical" Z06 beasts you fear could come across your path very soon..... BOO!! :smash:

:lolg:

:hurray:

[Modified by BLU-BY-U, 1:49 PM 7/14/2003]
Old 07-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Russ M
Instructor

Default Re: Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers (BLU-BY-U)

You guys are too much,

Ok I give the Zo6 is the fastest thing on the planet and nothing can beat it :nopity

All day long means every pass and I would bet any amount of money that YOU will not be able to make every pass a 12.3 or 12.4 and I am willing to bet the same thing on Vipers, and even Enzo's.

I was and am being sarcastic when it comes to the all day long comment, since it will not happen.

But anyways yes you guys are correct I never ever beat any vette or anything else. Vipers are slower than dirt, I guess next time the vette guys come out for some fun in the canyons I will have to slow down and let them pass cause I am holding them up. :rolleyes:
Old 07-14-2003, 05:46 PM
stingray454
Drifting

Russ, you sound really frustrated. Maybe this isn't right board for you...

You know, your opinions might be much better received on the Viper boards ;)

Vipers are slower than dirt, I guess next time the vette guys come out for some fun in the canyons I will have to slow down and let them pass cause I am holding them up. :rolleyes:
Well, I wouldn't say the Viper is slow, but it is kind of fat for tight canyon roads. I would hate to be behind an oversized clown shoe when it gets stuck between two canyon walls :lol:

OK, sorry, I didn't really mean that (I love Vipers, remember?) but I couldn't resist.. :p: :lol:
Old 07-14-2003, 06:01 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Russ,

We will find out what is for real when you race McRat, not before. I am not sure what reception you expected coming in here claiming all of our actual track experience somehow doesn't match up with what you believed.

BTW I am a VERY consistent drag racer, and when I say 12.3 - 12.4 ALL DAY LONG in a bone stock Z06 that is what I mean, quit putting words in my mouth. A Viper would be MUCH tougher to be consistent in because it is harder to drive fast. Now you have replaced dialog with sarcasm, to what benefit? Race McRat and come back to brag or make excuses then, in the meantime nobody here cares what you think about a Z06, got it?? Especially since you seem to think all the one's you have seen are so slow. The video will show truth for all to see.

Les :smash:
You guys are too much,

Ok I give the Zo6 is the fastest thing on the planet and nothing can beat it :nopity

All day long means every pass and I would bet any amount of money that YOU will not be able to make every pass a 12.3 or 12.4 and I am willing to bet the same thing on Vipers, and even Enzo's.

I was and am being sarcastic when it comes to the all day long comment, since it will not happen.

But anyways yes you guys are correct I never ever beat any vette or anything else. Vipers are slower than dirt, I guess next time the vette guys come out for some fun in the canyons I will have to slow down and let them pass cause I am holding them up. :rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers

Old 07-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Russ M
Instructor

All hail Les, is is God of drag racing and his STOCK zo6 runs 12.3s and 12.4s all day long.

As far as me having to prove anything to you Les sorry, but I am willing to bet I achieved considerably more in life than you have in drag racing, so please keep the proving anything crap to your self. As I said before I am not the one who needs to prove anything it is you since you are the one making the claim.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:27 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Russ,

You truly are a :troll . I didn't call you one on the VCA forum but I will here. And you are an insecure idiot. I seriously doubt you have achieved more in life, personally or financially, than I have, but you know what - I don't care. I have tried to remain civil with you, but you have exceeded my interest. Go back to the VCA and talk your trash there, I sure other ***** challenged trolls there will care what you say, I/we do not. Fact is most guys on the VCA forum are OK car guys who don't hind behind a keyboard talking smack, you don't fall in that category.

I seriously doubt you will show up to race McRat, I believe you are nothing more than a deeply insecure keyboard racer. I hope you prove me wrong, I doubt it. I will ignore your moronic statements and await McRat telling all.

Les

PS: Don't forget, McRat's wife has accepted your challenge too, so soon you will get your butt kicked by both of them :lol: :lol: :smash: :smash:
Old 07-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Russ M
Instructor

Les,

Notice I have said nothing about finances, so why are you bringing them up? A bit insecure are we? And now you have to bring in ***** size? Whats the matter all the pills arent working for ya?

Read through all your posts and see just who is the troll, I am not going to resort to name calling as you have but I will tell you this, your ignorance shines through and through.

Anyways just for curiosity sake how many NHRA wallys do you have sitting on the shelf? Cause the way you act you must be John Force himself, which means you have alot more than I do. :troll

Quick Reply: [Z06] Paging SoCal Z06 Drag Racers