Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 03:42 PM
JDurbin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk?

I posted this on the Audio forum, but I thought someone who already had a stereo install might not be checking that specific forum, so I thought I would try here.

I just got my new 2003 Z06 April 25th and I wanted to see if any of you have installed a pair of subs in a box behind the seats on the trunk shelf. I want to keep my trunk space open and not use the well, I use that alot already for stuff. I have no use for the shelf behind the seats and thought it would be a great place for a pair of subs. Any help or ideas out there is appreciated...

Oh, and by the way... NOW I understand what all the fuss is about when it comes to Corvettes. I haven't stopped smiling since I got it on April 25th. I had to drive all the way to Penske Chevy in Indiana from Tallahassee, Florida to get my 2003 Quicksilver Z06, but it was worth it! They paid off my car as trade in, I got my GM employee discount AND zero percent interest! What a deal, all for under $800 a month for 60 months. Unbelievable!!!

Thanks folks!
:steering:
Old 05-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Piranha
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (JDurbin)

Not mine, but have seen this...
http://www.racingflix.com/featuredride.asp?f=2
NoMercy is the owner's CF name.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:53 PM
JDurbin
Intermediate

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (Piranha)

Nice looking car! Over 600HP, wow!

I'm hoping to find someone who has subs mounted and pointing forward, something to really kick you in the back of the head... I would like that.

:eek:
Old 05-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Dozer42
Instructor

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (JDurbin)

Hmmm, that car appears to have the woofer setup in the rear well and not just behind the seats.

I would also like to see a setup like this. :D
Old 05-24-2003, 11:39 PM
insanedaddy
Advanced

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (Dozer42)

I just completed my sub install. I built the box with the subs facing forwards. The subs are JL 10w6's. The box works as a partition also. You will be amazed at the difference. No road noise from the rear of the car. I thought something was wrong with my car at first because the exhaust was quieter. I dont have a pic of the box. I just took measurements of the shelf area and constructed the box. There is an EB Z with a pretty trick looking box in his signature. I cant remember his name though. :cheers:
Old 05-25-2003, 02:25 AM
C5illness
Advanced

I don't think that there is enough room. The fuel tanks and crossover tube is back there.

C5Illness
:chevy
Old 05-26-2003, 12:28 AM
insanedaddy
Advanced

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (C5illness)

:skep:
Old 05-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Aslan
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (insanedaddy)

I put a 10" sub in a shallow box in my trunk well. It works perfectly there and leaves almost the entire space of the trunk open. Well except for the Alpine amp, the CD changer and fire extinguisher.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:04 PM
JDurbin
Intermediate

Default Re: Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk? (Aslan)

Don't you miss that "well" in the trunk though? Itend to carry items back and forth to work and I always drop my briefcase, etc into that well. It works perfect since it keep it from sliding around. I would hate to sit it on the shelf behind the seats because anything I put back there would go sliding around. I have seen those drop-in units, just wanted to see if anyone had put subs right behind the seat before I get some installed there.

Thanks for all your answers so far folks, I appreciate it!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:50 PM
VetteCrazy02
Advanced

I have 2 12" Kicker Comp VR's in my box on the shelf behind the seats. Like was said earlier, it does act sort of like a partition, but I can still hear road noise very much, and it doesn't knock down on exhaust noise at all. I like the positioning of the speakers. It all works out great for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone install subwoofers behind the seats on the shelf to the trunk?