Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers?

Just installed my brand new borla stingers and they sound awesome but the cockpit resonance is a bit too much i fear for the wifes' taste. I know the x-pipe will smooth out the exhaust note and get rid of most of the pop and crackle about deacceleration, etc. and wanted to know how my full length speed works headers going on n a couple of weeks affect the overall sound of the stock motor with the borla stingers.

Will the headers combined with the bassani x-pipe somewhat tame the cockpit resonance i'm getting and how will these last two aformentioned exhaust items affect the way the car sounds right now with just borla stingers on an otherwise stock 03 Zo6.

Thanks,

MTI 427 Roadster
Old 05-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Yano
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers? (MTI 427 Roadster)

So much for being stock!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go get those gears installed!! :cheers:
Old 05-09-2003, 10:49 AM
RCHJR
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers? (MTI 427 Roadster)

I've got a 2001 Z06 with substanial Katech Stage II engine work, Long tube headers, Corsa X pipe and the Borla Stinger - R cat back SS - my recommendation is to look into to some additional firewall pading/sound dead stuff for under shifter area and for back compartment (where CD player is) you can also buy sound panel to out in between seat and rear compartment.

Can't guage the difference you will see when you add headers - probably no better, maybe a lettle worse.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Just installed my brand new borla stingers and they sound awesome but the cockpit resonance is a bit too much i fear for the wifes' taste. I know the x-pipe will smooth out the exhaust note and get rid of most of the pop and crackle about deacceleration, etc. and wanted to know how my full length speed works headers going on n a couple of weeks affect the overall sound of the stock motor with the borla stingers.

Will the headers combined with the bassani x-pipe somewhat tame the cockpit resonance i'm getting and how will these last two aformentioned exhaust items affect the way the car sounds right now with just borla stingers on an otherwise stock 03 Zo6.

Thanks,

MTI 427 Roadster
Put in a rear compartment partition- it will substantially reduce the road noise and resonance. :yesnod: :thumbs: :steering: :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers?

Quick Reply: [Z06] How will full length headers affect the sound of borla stingers?