Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 03:39 PM
muscle cars
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time.

I might have missed it on the previous posts but when the twilight sentinel function is turned on, on the Z06, the headlamps pop up when the car is running, even during the day. I didn't expect this as my coupes headlights pop up only when it is dusk out. Really don't care to have my headlights on during the day so I will be reverting it back to stock. I should have picked up on this when our brother(s) in Canada were mentioning how they were turning it off because they didn't care much for it. Raul P.S. At least my mechanic waived the charge when he figured it was not what I wanted. :cool:
Old 01-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (muscle cars)

Something is wrong with yours, our cars lights pop up too early at dusk, but they do not pop up in broad daylight. :cheers:

[Modified by racer44, 2:54 PM 1/11/2003]
Old 01-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Z06 Quin
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (muscle cars)

Don't you need the light sensor? Or is it already installed, just not in use. Iwould think that without it the Computer thinks it is dark out.....
Old 01-14-2003, 12:30 AM
PbPedis
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (Z06 Quin)

Yes, that should not happen on Canadian cars. The lights do pop up a bit early (ie. when it's still a little bright out), but not during the day. Have the dealer fix it.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:27 PM
TexasRedZ06
Drifting

Can't you just turn the feature off on the DIC instead of removing it with a Tech 2?? This way you could try to figure out what is wrong either today or later.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:04 PM
tazman
Advanced

I don't believe the Z06 has the Twilight Sentinel option? I just went back and checked the book and it wasn't available on 2002 Z06's, unless they added it for 2003?

Jim
Old 01-14-2003, 01:21 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (tazman)

With a Tech II tool you can program the light sentinel option. ;)
Old 01-14-2003, 01:55 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (hcvone)

With a Tech II tool you can program the light sentinel option. ;)
You can program it all you want but THERE'S NO FRIGGIN SENSOR in the hole in the dash. The little red do-hickey on the driver's side is for the AC sun load. The light sensor is the same size as the small hole and just fills it.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:41 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

I am not sure why anyone would want this feature anyway. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has it and I always leave that feature turned off. If I want headlights I turn then on. If I don't want headlights I turn them off. I do not see why this needs to be automated.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (rbartick)

I am not sure why anyone would want this feature anyway. My Jeep Grand Cherokee has it and I always leave that feature turned off. If I want headlights I turn then on. If I don't want headlights I turn them off. I do not see why this needs to be automated.
I also have it on my Jeep Grand Cheroke, (all Canadain cars and trucks have to have it.) I love it! never have to worry about turning them on, never locking the door then realizing I left the lights on. The only reason I don't like it on the Vette, is because the headlights go on and pop up way to early. The pop ups are just ugly compared to when they are down.

**EDIT** I will be disabling them on my Z06, using the tech tip from another forum member or using tech ll.

[Modified by racer44, 1:10 PM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 03:21 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (racer44)

I love it! never have to worry about turning them on
With all due respect, I just don't get that. When there comes a time where I cannot remember to turn my lights on I think I will stop driving.

never locking the door then realizing I left the lights on
If you open the door with the lights still on you hear BING, BING, BING. You have to be deaf to lock the doors with the lights still on.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:40 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (rbartick)

I have it on my Grand Cherokee and my M5 and never use it, that was the reason I got the Z06 because it did not have the sentinel. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

With all due respect, I just don't get that.
With all due respect back at ya, If I could quote the most used words on this forum. To each his own.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:14 PM
TexasRedZ06
Drifting

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (racer44)

Could someone confirm that if the Twilight Sentinel is activated thru Tech 2 on the Z06......... do you have the 2 settings on the DIC for disabling and for interval timing like the coupe and 'vert?? Or is it like Canada where its just "on"
Old 01-14-2003, 06:00 PM
muscle cars
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time. (TexasRedZ06)

I had the Twilight Sentinel turned back off today. According to the mechanic my Z06 does not come with a light sensor on the left hand (drivers) side. Right now it is just a hole as was posted above. When it was turned on the DIC would show Twilight- on, without an option to turn it off. Once it was turned back off with the Tech 2 the display went away again. I have Twilight Sentinel on the 2001 Coupe and Impala SS for that matter and was pleased to read it can be activated on the Z06. Well I guess not in my case. I certainly am not going to the trouble of buying a sensor and installing it. It's just not worth my time. :rolleyes:
Old 01-14-2003, 09:04 PM
shaky
Racer

Twilight Sentinel is a good safety feature feature on my truck but not a cool thing on my vette. If I can find somebody to shut this function off I will.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Gaijin
Racer

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

There is a photo cell located directly above the right control panel (fuel, gauge, etc. function buttons).

[Modified by Gaijin, 9:51 PM 1/14/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Twilight Sentinel is a good safety feature feature on my truck but not a cool thing on my vette. If I can find somebody to shut this function off I will.
Shaky: Go to the options button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Press it once, you will see the first prompt come on the DIC. Click the reset button to where it says off. You will have it shut off.

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 01-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: (Adam Boca)

Shaky: Go to the options button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Press it once, you will see the first prompt come on the DIC. Click the reset button to where it says off. You will have it shut off.

:cheers: :cheers:
His is a Canadian car, like mine. We do not have that option. We have to do some tricky wiring mod or use the Tech II tool.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Re: (racer44)

wow, thats not cool....

All USA cars this will work! :yesnod: :yesnod: :D :D

Quick Reply: [Z06] Twilight Sentinel: turned on, on the Z06, now the headlamps are up all the time.