[Z06] Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
AutobahnZ06GT
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany

Z06's Takeover HockenheimRing Germany http://www.da-beagle.tzo.com/racing.htm

It's Thursday night and it is the last night that HockenheimRing, Germany will be open, so what do you do? guiness:You get 5 Z06's and some enthusiastic drivers and try to takeover the racetrack. Well that was the best time I have had ever driving my Z, even doing my 180MPH+ blasts down the autobahn...I never thought I would be in the same league as the Porsche Turbo or some other fancy European sports cars such as the GT3 and Carrera 4. I had a passenger who owns a 98 C5 and when he was riding shotgun with me he said that he had the best time of his life, I must admit that was a driving experience and pleasure at the same time. We took out a 996 Twin turbo in the turns, we out-braked him easily, we have the movit big brake kit installed allowing us to go into a turn alot faster than some other cars. The stock braked Z06's still were able to get some good Porsche kills as well. As we accelerated coming out of a turn and onto a long straight we caught another twin turbo and a stock 02 Z06 and passed them and just banged 4th and started braking for a tight bend ahead, got a little slippery but it was easily dealt with because of active handling....this was a total adrenaline rush, this was pure male testosterone at its best, or estrogen if we had any ladies.

I can say that I was a little apprehensive about taking my car straight from the paint shop, had to get the front end painted, windshield replaced and added some CORVETTE RACING graphics to it as well, pics will be posted soon. But I survived and had a few Porsche Turbo kills to boot. We had spectators stand and wave at us as we went by, people were taking our pictures coming out of the hairpins and into the straight, cameras were going off left and right as the Germans were taking in the sound of American V8's coming down the track at wide open throttle. We had spectators come and visit us after the race and they said that the Z06's had the best sound on the racetrack compared to the other Euro cars, there is no mistaking a Z06's exhaust note at wide open throttle going down the straights at Hockenheim. They also said that we all had glowing red rotors because of hard braking. Man I can't wait until May of next year, that is when the track will open again, by that time my car will be faster and more menacing on the track, Okay Mr. RUF, you are next. The Z06 owners there were, CHARGE EIGHT, 360LEMANS, AUTOBAHNZ06GT, PASSEDU, and a new member who does not have a handle yet, but his name is Dave, and another soon to be Z06 owner, JUSTICE who wanted to be there.

Hope that you guys check our club link above and see the racing videos, Download them them to your hard drive first if you get an open error.

Mods to be installed 23 Sept: Katech Stage II head and cam / ARP Rod bolts / C5R timing chain / 36LB injectors / Carillo Connecting rods / katech billet pulley tensioner / Katech ported throttle body / Granatelli MAF
:cheers:
Old 09-23-2002, 05:51 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany (AutobahnZ06GT)

Damn that is one hell of a track.....oh and the video's are killer. :eek: :cheers:
Old 09-23-2002, 07:42 PM

Thanks for making the video available.

One question, what happened to the Turbo Porsche in the drag race? It looked like he quit the way the Z06 was pulling away.

[Modified by Chalky'sC5, 4:41 PM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-23-2002, 08:16 PM
edv2122
Drifting

Man, I have broad band and these vids are taking forever to download :crazy:
Old 09-23-2002, 08:40 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Default Re: Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany (edv2122)

Man, I have broad band and these vids are taking forever to download
Jeez your complaining.....I'm on a very slow dial-up
:eek:
Old 09-23-2002, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany (edv2122)

Are you telling me that I am not the only one downloading these right now?

If so, would everyone else stop until I am done?

Thank you.

[Modified by Chalky'sC5, 4:41 PM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-27-2002, 03:26 PM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Nick as soon as I find my tape I will send some clips. What a great time showing the Europians some American horsepower. 12 bucks and let's go racing, I hope it's that cheap in the states. :flag
Old 09-28-2002, 12:45 AM
Scott-2002-Z06
Racer

Default Re: Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany (360Lemans)

You are right i have broadband also and i'm only downloadinga t like 10kb/s i usually download at about 500-800kb/s! :cheers: I'm sure it's worth the wait
Old 09-28-2002, 02:22 AM
Zapper
Drifting

Very cool post. Wish we could all be there. Pretty track, very pretty track !
Old 09-29-2002, 05:47 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Thank you!! Awesome in car video...............downloaded @280 k .......I viewed every one..................I want to flog mine NOW!!!!! :yesnod:
Old 09-30-2002, 01:46 AM
Fast Lane
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

:cheers: Great story! I wish I could of been there. I just got back from the F1 race at Indy. I wonder if Mrs. Hullman will let me try that on her track. :lol: Now where's that Ruben's fellow? :cool:
Old 09-30-2002, 02:53 AM
AutobahnZ06GT
Cruising

360 Lemans.

Are you back inthe states already? Did you fly last week? If not did you get a chance to get your videos digitized. We will surely miss you and your adventures once you are gone, send us an e-mail so that we can stay in touch, we are flying in December to NC, so we shoudl hook up around then. I am still awaiting the harness bar, and the heads and cam will be going on in a few weeks, missed the last appoinment, go to reschedule.

Got to get the rear brakes done, they will be needed when i get the HP boost, especially on those turns where we get a get a long stretch beforehand. :cheers:

Take Care,

Nick
Old 09-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Streetrod
Pro

Cruise-In XII Veteran

Autobaun, Thanks so much for this, I think that many of us feel that Vettes are only for drag racing. This video demonstrates how well American iron can perform. You sure did get by some expensive hardware in the Turbo and Gt2, do these guys speak later on to you or snub you? I felt as if I were there and it was great to hear that intake sound. Did I hear a rev limiter from time to time? lol. Cool videos. Streetrod

Get notified of new replies

To Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06's Takeover HockenHeimRing, Germany