Sponsored by:

[Z06] Z06 Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Vette Lag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Z06 Car Cover

Anyone buy a nice, breathable, high quality car cover for a Z06? I don,t want any stripes or anything, just one with the Z06 logos, and a Z06 tote bag maybe. :cool:
Old 08-05-2002, 02:51 AM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Z06 Car Cover (Vette Lag)

We normally carry those in stock... give Mike a call Monday;)

:cheers:
Old 08-05-2002, 01:22 PM
hiyield
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to (heaven forbid) park your car outside-the best waterproof cover that I have found that is extremely light and machine washable is the Weathershield. BUT no logo and it is not soft(protective).
The NOAH is hard to take care of since you have to wash it in a commercial washer and it's heavy.
Hope this helps.
Dee
Old 08-05-2002, 02:23 PM
The Wanderer
Melting Slicks

I bought a Noah for my 72 and love it so much the z gets one next!

Fits like a glove, very light weight and easy to install.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Aeroplt
8th Gear

Just an FYI, I bought a Noah cover and have washed it....but it continues to leave a waxy film on the car even if just overnite. :confused:
Old 08-05-2002, 05:13 PM
hiyield
Instructor

Default Re: Z06 Car Cover (Aeroplt)

Yep-that film that the NOAH leaves-as well as those kimberly clark material covers-includes the GM cover is what was so annoying. You have to be able to wash the covers well to stop the residue. And imho, the material covers are tough to rinse well. The Weathershield is easier to manage as it is less bulky and since we have a front loader commercial type machine I can wash it often. Of course you are giving up the 'protective' qualities. I know this as I am sitting here watching another tropical storm roll in-the Weathershield keeps her pretty dry.
Dee
Old 08-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Gary Wells
Racer

Default California Car Cover Custom Fit:

I just recently ordered a custom fit Z06 indoor/outdoor "plushweave" car cover from California Car cover Co. and I would like to pass on the results.
I called and ordered the cover, and gave them my credit card no. I also advised that I did not want the cover shipped to my house, that I would pick up at their store, about 40 miles away. They said that it would come to $ 199. I asked how come because the cover is $ 169.99 in their catalog. They said tax and cover is $ 199.00. They told me about a week to 10 days. I called them a week later to check. They told me that they had shipped it to my house, but they did not charge me for shipping. They said it would be at my house in a couple of days. I wait a week and call back. They then told me that the cover had been shipped to their facality after all. They told me that it showed on the shipment for the next week. When I told them that I was previously told that it would be there this week. He said he would look and call back. He called back, they had it. I went out the following Saturday and picked it up. They gave me a credit for the shipping that they had accidently charged. When I got home, I put it on the car, it fit fine except the ears for the mirrors. They measure approximately 12" by about 16". Swear to God, it looks like it is going to fly away. Looks like dumbo, or worse. I net messengered them about it but got no response.
Other than the above, it is a cover. Beverly Hills Motoring Sports used to make covers, and I am going to check with them next time. So much for customer feedback and a quality attitude. I bought several covers from them in the early '90's, and never had these problems.
Gary Wells
Old 08-06-2002, 12:50 AM
SportsCars
Instructor

I had the Noah-based type in the past, and found it was a big sponge, left residue all over my car, was bulky, did not help with dings, took too long to put on / take off, and could not be easily washed (and certainly not very often)...

I did some research and got one made out of Nextec. I purchased it from a local Corvette Shop (from a Corvette Catalog). The brand name is Weathershield. Was about $270. You can also get them from California Car Cover (called SuperWeave, about the same price).

Why Nextec material? Extremely light, folds up compactly, very easy to put on / take off, manufactured-in water resistance (do a search on Nextec at http://www.google.com, etc.). Dries VERY fast. And the number one reason: you can wash it as often as you like in your home washer. I use mine every day. Paint looks awesome at the end of the week (when I wash the car).

After reading what others have posted here, looks like Weathershield is the way to go (mine also fits perfectly, snugly).

A side benefit of the car cover is that when you store it in the back of the Z06, road noise is reduced. As for the antenna, I just took mine off and covered the base threads with a rubber cap (radio works good enough in my area).

SportsCars

[Modified by SportsCars, 5:41 AM 8/6/2002]
Old 08-06-2002, 01:45 PM
J Lance Miller
Racer

I use a Wolf 'vert cover every day to protect my car from dust, birds and sun while at work - don't know if they come with logos, but it was on sale for $99. I put my own embriodered C5 logos (front and back) and Z06 badges (on the sides where the real badges are) - cost about $1 for thread and some of my time. If you know someone with a sewing machine capable of doing embroidery, I might be persuaded to part with the designs I created so you can save some money.
Heres what my Z06 logo looks like - looks better on thick material like a car cover - thin material like this one was sewn on pull in and make the ends angle in on the top...

[Modified by J Lance Miller, 9:47 AM 8/6/2002]
Old 08-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Swimmer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: California Car Cover Custom Fit: (Gary Wells)

I just recently ordered a custom fit Z06 indoor/outdoor "plushweave" car cover from California Car cover Co. and I would like to pass on the results.
I called and ordered the cover, and gave them my credit card no. I also advised that I did not want the cover shipped to my house, that I would pick up at their store, about 40 miles away. They said that it would come to $ 199. I asked how come because the cover is $ 169.99 in their catalog. They said tax and cover is $ 199.00. They told me about a week to 10 days. I called them a week later to check. They told me that they had shipped it to my house, but they did not charge me for shipping. They said it would be at my house in a couple of days. I wait a week and call back. They then told me that the cover had been shipped to their facality after all. They told me that it showed on the shipment for the next week. When I told them that I was previously told that it would be there this week. He said he would look and call back. He called back, they had it. I went out the following Saturday and picked it up. They gave me a credit for the shipping that they had accidently charged. When I got home, I put it on the car, it fit fine except the ears for the mirrors. They measure approximately 12" by about 16". Swear to God, it looks like it is going to fly away. Looks like dumbo, or worse. I net messengered them about it but got no response.
Other than the above, it is a cover. Beverly Hills Motoring Sports used to make covers, and I am going to check with them next time. So much for customer feedback and a quality attitude. I bought several covers from them in the early '90's, and never had these problems.
Gary Wells
Oh My Gawd, don't even get me going about California Car Cover! They've screwed me over soooo many times that I fineally had to get a lawyer to threaten them before it got straighten it out. :mad
Old 08-11-2002, 05:07 AM
Z0000006
Navigator

Here is my cover....I LOVE IT!!!!!!! :jester
http://www.stratmosphere.com/corvette_z06_car_cover.htm

Very compact for storage..and NO residue!
Old 08-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Gary Wells
Racer

Default Re: California Car Cover Custom Fit: (Swimmer)

Quote:
"Oh My Gawd, don't even get me going about California Car Cover! They've screwed me over soooo many times that I fineally had to get a lawyer to threaten them before it got straighten it out. "

I have had my share of problems with them, too. Unfortunately, I feel that their covers, or whoseever covers that they sell, are some of the best in the industry. I would like to hear what your problems with them were, though
Thanks in advance
Gary Wells
"TONTK"
Old 08-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Fastcar
Racer

Default Re: California Car Cover Custom Fit: (Gary Wells)

I've reached the point where I would never order from them again!! They send the wrong stuff, mess with the return credit.
Just a real pia!!

Wo else carries a decent cover for indoor use???
Old 08-11-2002, 07:56 PM
thevetteman
Advanced

Ive heard of a bubble rapping for a cover and it works great from what ive heard. Anyone have info?
Old 08-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Gary Wells
Racer

Default Re: Z06 Car Cover (thevetteman)

A few years back I remember hearing of or seeing a picture in a catalog of a car cover with a bubble wrap type of material on the insides of the sides of the cover to protect the sides of the covered car from door dings. I do not remember who the manufacturer or distributor was.
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"
Old 08-11-2002, 08:23 PM
Z0000006
Navigator

Default Re: California Car Cover Custom Fit: (Fastcar)

FASTCAR......
See my post! I only use mine indoors!
http://www.stratmosphere.com/corvette_z06_car_cover.htm

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Car Cover

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Car Cover