[Z06] o2sensors +LG longtube headers with no catalytic converters

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:06 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default o2sensors +LG longtube headers with no catalytic converters

I have a bunch of CEL codes mostly all has something to do with the 02sensors and the heated 02sensors.
Im sure my car needs some new 02 sensors because they are old (maybe 50k miles on them) but a lot of people amd tuners suggest that I just "tune" them out. .I can see tuning out the rear 02sensors since they have something to do with the catalytic converters and I don't have any..
Ive probably ran across only 2 tuners who do not recommend turning the front 02sensors off via a tune..but im worried that I go spend money on some new front 02 sensors and I get the same codes again. .
So has anyone installed long tube headers and are useing the front 02sensors with no problem? Or did you have to get them tune off?..my car smells like gas big time and is this something that i would have to live with since I dont have catalytic converters? ..I have LG longtube headers amd I read somewhere that they recommend useing the rear 02s in the front, since something about the heated 02s turning on better than the front 02s..
Old 04-24-2014, 02:11 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Codes. ...
Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 AM
dan1546
Racer

You can't tune out the front sensors unless you plan to drive everywhere at wot. You can tune out the rear sensors though as they only check the efficiency of the cats.

I dont know about running the rears in the front... you would need an adapter or something as the plugs are different. Call LG ans see what they have to say.

You're car is going to smell because it does not have converters you will either have to learn to live with it or get converters. That said a tune should help to minimize the smell.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I know when I did my headers IIRC I moved my rears to the fronts with the pigtail LG has, and had my rear out sensors tuned out, and I have ZERO Check engine lights!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:54 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by momo20
I know when I did my headers IIRC I moved my rears to the fronts with the pigtail LG has, and had my rear out sensors tuned out, and I have ZERO Check engine lights!
I also have lg headers, I dont know what series they are because I brought the car with them on, honestly I dont even know for a fact if they are LG headers but the seller was honest with the rest of the mods he told me he did so I dont see why he'll lie about the headers name brand..
Any ways momo, so you said the pigtail connectors lg has worked for you? .im gona give that a try.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 08:00 AM
bob22z06
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the same thing with mine I have LG super pros no cats I put rear o2s in the front with a harness I bought I think from racetronix.com ...I still have the check engine light on ...still didn't have tune yet will do when I get a cam put in there ...so my car doesn't smell that bad and honestly I kind of like that smell...im sure who ever is behind me hates it...lol
Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Russ K
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The P0134, P0154, P1133 & P1153 codes are very common when LT headers are installed. They need to be set to no error reported in the tune and uncheck the SES box. Also do the same with the P0133 & P0153 as they will most likely set after driving a few days. The car will still go into closed loop with these codes deleted.

Then install a set of high flow cats to get rid of the nasty exhaust stink that's caused when catless.

Russ Kemp

Get notified of new replies

To o2sensors +LG longtube headers with no catalytic converters

Quick Reply: [Z06] o2sensors +LG longtube headers with no catalytic converters