[Z06] Trunk Issue/Power Windows/Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 PM
DILLI1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trunk Issue/Power Windows/Antenna

Hello All

1. Has anyone experienced a trunk that doesn't always open quite enough to get your fingers in to pull it open? Any suggestions for solving this issue?

2. Anyone out there know how to convert the power windows to include Auto-Up as well as Auto-Down? Car comes with Auto-Down power windows. Any way to make them Auto-Up as well?

3. I am looking to remove the stationary antenna and put in a power antenna. I have been told that the car will accommodate a power antenna. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Rickster1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DILLI1
Hello All

1. Has anyone experienced a trunk that doesn't always open quite enough to get your fingers in to pull it open? Any suggestions for solving this issue?

2. Anyone out there know how to convert the power windows to include Auto-Up as well as Auto-Down? Car comes with Auto-Down power windows. Any way to make them Auto-Up as well?

3. I am looking to remove the stationary antenna and put in a power antenna. I have been told that the car will accommodate a power antenna. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!
1. common issue. Corvette Mods (vendor here) as a solution

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...ST_p_4978.html

2. Never heard of this being done, but it would be nice. I will stay tuned to see of there are any suggestions.

3. A power antenna from a C5 convertible should work. Track down a shop manual and it will show how to install and wire. You can order one from one of the OEM parts vendors here.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickster1
1. common issue. Corvette Mods (vendor here) as a solution

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...ST_p_4978.html

That's what I did
Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 PM
DILLI1
Advanced

Thanks, Rickster1
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

I went with this rather than screw around with the power antenna and add weight (I'm OCD with weight on this car):
http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/...y-Antenna.html
Old 04-21-2014, 08:58 PM
DILLI1
Advanced

Rickster1

I ordered the trunk solution you recommended from Corvette Mods. I appreciate your timely response. It was very affordable, but appears to be quality.
We'll see how it works. Supposedly, installation is less than 5 minutes.
DILLI1
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 PM
DILLI1
Advanced

rjwz28

Thanks for your reply. I want to do something with the antenna that came with the Z06 - it is too long. I am concerned about someone breaking it off just because they can...you get what I am saying? People do stupid things just because they can.

I was considering a power antenna. The disadvantage is price and the fact that they have to pull up the interior a little to run the cables to the radio. I have not purchased a nav unit yet, so I am currently running the stock radio.

The Stubby looks like a great option! How has your reception been? I see some people complaining about the decrease in reception.

To be honest, I am NOT a big listener to any radio station. I like my iPod and would be using it most of the time. I do want the ability to use a radio, though, and if this unit would provide good reception I would consider it.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 PM
DILLI1
Advanced

Then again - I see where people say the reception is really good and that there is no noticeable difference between this antenna and the original. It seems like it would look awesome on the car. I am thinking about getting one.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 AM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 277 Posts

I was JUST about to post the same question about the trunk.

How well does that kit work?

How difficult is it to shut the trunk with the spring installed?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Rickster1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rjwz28

The Stubby looks like a great option! How has your reception been? I see some people complaining about the decrease in reception
I use the Craven Stubby and may have a lost a small amount of reception, but not enough to be an issue for me. I like it.

Last edited by Rickster1; 04-22-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Just a note, I have the trunk spring as well and after awhile it will compress down where it won't open just like before. I think it is an item that has to be replaced from time to time.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Mtnvettes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Just a note, I have the trunk spring as well and after awhile it will compress down where it won't open just like before. I think it is an item that has to be replaced from time to time.
GM only guaranteed that the trunk lid would open, it did not guarantee that the opening would be sufficient to get one's fingers under the lid. I tried to adjust the rear trunk lid studs (they turn you know), but did not like the trunk lid fit then. Purchased the spring device and it did the job. When I take the Z06 out of storage each year (I remove the spring deivce during storage), I stretch it, then install it. Seems to do the job. I also put a felt pad in the area where the spring rests against the carpet when the lid is closed so that it does not leave an impression in the carpet. Also, try to open the trunk lid with the window down or door open, works better when it does not have to release against the vacuum created when the Z06 is fully closed.

Barrett
Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Rickster1

I ordered the trunk solution you recommended from Corvette Mods. I appreciate your timely response. It was very affordable, but appears to be quality.
We'll see how it works. Supposedly, installation is less than 5 minutes.
DILLI1
I haven't listened to the radio with it yet

Also, I ran a couple black zip ties to secure the plastic cap on the spring since it kept falling off

Get notified of new replies

To Trunk Issue/Power Windows/Antenna

Quick Reply: [Z06] Trunk Issue/Power Windows/Antenna