[Z06] help with LNC-2000 launch control only install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default help with LNC-2000 launch control only install

Hi guys I need help from the people who installed one of these units or know how to install it..i brought this unit mainly for the timing retard function for my nitrous kit but I wont have anytime to make that 150 mile journey to my installers shop for him to install my complete nitrous kit untill another few more months.

For right now I just want to install the launch control feature ONLY, so I can get familiar with it and fool Around with it.

The instructions that where provided are good and shows you how to plug up the connectors to the coil pack harness but as far as getting power to the unit and making it activate, it tells me to refer to my cars fourms since they the instructions "couldn't possibly have detailed wiring info for every car"

1.Ok so I plug the harness thats on the lnc2000 to my 2002 z06s coil packs harness.(very simple and I got that part covered)

NOW:
2.Ok now the ground activation wire (green) it says to connect this wire
to a source that supplies a ground path when you want the LNC-2000 to become active. .
Where should I specifically connect this wire at on a 2002 z06?

3.Next it says:
Connect the yellow wire to a source that supplies +12 volts when you want the LNC-2000 to become active.
Where is a good place to connect this wire to? Other than the brake switch.

4.next it says connect a switch in between the ground activation wire and the +12 volt activation wire..
I think I have that part covered with a momentary switch that I can pickup from an autoparts store..

Can someone help me out please or supply some type of wiring diagram. .

Im looking at the lnc2000 unit now and it is/seems like a plug and play unit..I just want to hook up the launch control for right now which is only 2 wires, ground, 12volt and of course the coilpack harness..I will leave the rest of the installation to the shop that ill be going to when I get some time..but for now I would really like to play around with the launch control feature. .
Thanks for any and all the help. .on a sidenote I contacted a speed shop thats down the road from me and not only did it seem like they didn't know what I was talking about, they also quoted me a ripoff price of $500 to install the launch control only..I mean its only 2 wires but I dont know where those 2 wires should go on a 2002 z06.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Anyone??? Please
Old 04-18-2014, 01:04 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I have the LNC-002. Similar, but perhaps not exactly the same.

In mine, either the + or the - will activate it. Not both.

I installed a fitting in my brake line and mounted a 60 psi switch in it. I took the ground wire from the controller, through the brake pressure switch, to a ground on the frame.

Now, when I press my brake pedal, it activates the 2-step function. And, of course, I can adjust the rpm to where I want it.

My car is an auto.

I've installed the same thing in a stick car and spliced into the clutch wiring so when the clutch was on the floor, it activated the controller...

Good luck with your project.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:01 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Capthuff
I have the LNC-002. Similar, but perhaps not exactly the same.

In mine, either the + or the - will activate it. Not both.

I installed a fitting in my brake line and mounted a 60 psi switch in it. I took the ground wire from the controller, through the brake pressure switch, to a ground on the frame.

Now, when I press my brake pedal, it activates the 2-step function. And, of course, I can adjust the rpm to where I want it.

My car is an auto.

I've installed the same thing in a stick car and spliced into the clutch wiring so when the clutch was on the floor, it activated the controller...

Good luck with your project.
cool and yes i just found it that i need to only connect just one of the wires like u said either the + or - wire....i just need to find out what wire is the clutch wire that i can tap into..
Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

I think there was a wiring diagram with the LNC-002 on exactly how to wire in the C5 clutch switch.

I did a write up of the install on here several years ago.

Do a thorough search. You might find it.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:42 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

I think there was a wiring diagram with the LNC-002 on exactly how to wire in the C5 clutch switch.

I did a write up of the install on here several years ago.

Do a thorough search. You might find it.
Thanks but I have been searching all day and cannot find it, maybe because im on the fourm via my cellphone since my laptop is broken but I swear ive been trying all day and cannot find anything. .I mean ive found a few threads here and there but nothing that was helpful..the threads I found was people installing them to activate with other systems they had Installed on there cars..urgh this sucks..the time I useing to post on here can be used for searching threads which I have but im coming up empty handed. .
Old 04-19-2014, 09:04 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Bump.
I have this switch..is there anyway to activate the lnc2000 launch control via this switch? If so how?
Anyone????? Plz thank you
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C5 of Year Finalist

If that's a momentary switch, you could take the - activation wire to one side and the other side of the switch to a ground. Push the switch to activate the launch control.

You'd be better off wiring it into the clutch switch. There's gotta be a write up somewhere.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

If that's a momentary switch, you could take the - activation wire to one side and the other side of the switch to a ground. Push the switch to activate the launch control.

You'd be better off wiring it into the clutch switch. There's gotta be a write up somewhere.
Ok I checked my car out and all I see is 1 switch under the clutch pedel (on the floor)..the DIY I saw was for a 99 transam with what looked like the vettes clutch switch and seemed easy to install with a Relay...
Im going to try the switch way first because I dont wanna cut Any wires just yet
Old 04-20-2014, 06:25 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Heres a video of me testing it out on my car..im gona eventually hook it up via clutch pedel but for now I'm happy with it via the switch
http://youtu.be/gge0PYlD8Pc

Get notified of new replies

To help with LNC-2000 launch control only install

Quick Reply: [Z06] help with LNC-2000 launch control only install