Sponsored by:

[Z06] Passenger window won't go down for replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Goatcop
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger window won't go down for replacement

Having to replace the motor/regulator in my '04 Z06 passenger door (just 10K miles). The You Tube video says to lower the window to loosen the holding clamps then remove the glass. I can't get the window to go down. I beat on the interior door frame around the motor and tapped on the motor through the opening while holding the button. The glass won't go down. Any suggestions??? Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM
DarkZ06
Advanced

Originally Posted by Goatcop
Having to replace the motor/regulator in my '04 Z06 passenger door (just 10K miles). The You Tube video says to lower the window to loosen the holding clamps then remove the glass. I can't get the window to go down. I beat on the interior door frame around the motor and tapped on the motor through the opening while holding the button. The glass won't go down. Any suggestions??? Thanks
Mine just took a crap too (18k) miles, about to order new reg and motor and tackle it, would like advice from others who did it them self also.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
philadd
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Goatcop
You don't need to roll the window down... In fact, I never do. Once you have the door panel off, near the top of the door, on both sides, you'll see these black, rectangular, rubber-like pads that are stuck on the door. Peal those off to reveal the access holes to the holding clamps.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Goatcop
Cruising

Originally Posted by philadd
You don't need to roll the window down... In fact, I never do. Once you have the door panel off, near the top of the door, on both sides, you'll see these black, rectangular, rubber-like pads that are stuck on the door. Peal those off to reveal the access holes to the holding clamps.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger window won't go down for replacement

Quick Reply: [Z06] Passenger window won't go down for replacement