Sponsored by:

[Z06] Is it over now?

Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by SKMCOBRA
That's really uncalled for and actually pretty rude. I'm 30 years below that and only drove mine 2k miles last year. Is that not acceptable in your eyes?
Now that the c5 corvette prices are dropping, Ex honda owners can finally afford them and are makeing the switch from their crap box civics they use to drive to the vettes lmaoo..I give it about 1 more year and the c5/c6 fourms are going to turn in too a playground for Internet bullys like how the honda-tech fourm is.
Ive been on the 350z, infiniti G35, honda and nissan fourms and a huge majority of the members on there are so immature and just straight up rude douchebags/bullys.
Out of all the cars ive owned and fourms ive been on the corvette fourms (all of them)are the most helpful,drama free and just all around cool people.. those other car brand owners are quick to talk crap about how snobby corvette owners are or how they're a bunch of rich show offs etc..but from my experience our car members/owners are the most respectful to each other and helpful to each other.we also do stuff like raise money for st.jude hospital (you wont find those other car fourms giving back to a good cause)..as long as the fourm moderators keep doing there job and warning/banning these fools then we won't have a problem with this fourm turning into another nissan 350z or honda fourm..

To the Op
I feel ya pain man, my daily driver got flooded about a month ago due to a storm we had out here in new orleans about a month ago And while the insurance Company is dragging thier feets,im FORCED to use my z06 as a DD too and from work(200 mile round trip) and its killing me watching how my miles are climbing up.even though I do plan on dropping a ls2 or ls3 in it in the future but I hate putting alot of miles on my weekend warrior especially after I promised my 7 year old daughter that the car will be hers Once she graduates highschool since she loves it and like showing it off to her class mates lol.but I would hate to give her a car with 300, xxx miles on the clock.
Enough with my rant lol also
Im on my cellphone so excuse all the grammar errors. :-)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by NVESTZ06
You must be 70 something years old. That's whats wrong with these vette forums.
I beg your pardon
Old 04-15-2014, 02:06 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by moe24
Now that the c5 corvette prices are dropping, Ex honda owners can finally afford them and are makeing the switch from their crap box civics they use to drive to the vettes lmaoo..I give it about 1 more year and the c5/c6 fourms are going to turn in too a playground for Internet bullys like how the honda-tech fourm is.
Ive been on the 350z, infiniti G35, honda and nissan fourms and a huge majority of the members on there are so immature and just straight up rude douchebags/bullys.
Out of all the cars ive owned and fourms ive been on the corvette fourms (all of them)are the most helpful,drama free and just all around cool people.. those other car brand owners are quick to talk crap about how snobby corvette owners are or how they're a bunch of rich show offs etc..but from my experience our car members/owners are the most respectful to each other and helpful to each other.we also do stuff like raise money for st.jude hospital (you wont find those other car fourms giving back to a good cause)..as long as the fourm moderators keep doing there job and warning/banning these fools then we won't have a problem with this fourm turning into another nissan 350z or honda fourm..

To the Op
I feel ya pain man, my daily driver got flooded about a month ago due to a storm we had out here in new orleans about a month ago And while the insurance Company is dragging thier feets,im FORCED to use my z06 as a DD too and from work(200 mile round trip) and its killing me watching how my miles are climbing up.even though I do plan on dropping a ls2 or ls3 in it in the future but I hate putting alot of miles on my weekend warrior especially after I promised my 7 year old daughter that the car will be hers Once she graduates highschool since she loves it and like showing it off to her class mates lol.but I would hate to give her a car with 300, xxx miles on the clock.
Enough with my rant lol also
Im on my cellphone so excuse all the grammar errors. :-)
Yeah I saw a mix of this on svtperformance.com which is a forum for specialty SVT owners of Cobras, Lightnings, Ford GTs, Shelby's, etc. I had an older SN95 1997 Cobra for 9 years while on there. Some young punks were buying the 96-98's because they dropped to about $10k but for the most part stayed respectable. I have five kids and a good job, but I have chosen not to go buy a C6Z or C7 Stingray and have a car payment like a house payment for several years.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28

I considered saying that, but didn't

No Z06s were Anniversary Editions, so he's absolutely right

Saying "50th Anniversary Z06" indicates that somebody believes it to be a special edition, and there was no special edition Z06 in 2003.

ALL 2003 Corvettes got the 50th Anniversary badging, but it doesn't mean anything...
All 2003's were badged 50th anniversay and have the 50th anniversary keychains, 50th Anniversary Owner's Manual Covers, etc. So any true Vette guy knows that 2003 was the 50th anniversay of the Corvette and the 50th badges and accessories make any 2003 a 50th anniverary edition Corvette.

I did not say 50th Anniversary Commemrative edition which they did make, if you would bother to look it up.

So be a horse's behind if you wish, sure everyone knew what I meant.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 AM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, most guys got the gist of the 50th year comment. C'mon guys, we don't need the same attitude that is rampant on the C7 Z06 posts.

I have a year newer 04 Z16, and just to make sure it was getting close to 35,000 miles I took it out to the road course this past weekend and beat on it...while beating on Boss 302's.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
All 2003's were badged 50th anniversay and have the 50th anniversary keychains, 50th Anniversary Owner's Manual Covers, etc. So any true Vette guy knows that 2003 was the 50th anniversay of the Corvette and the 50th badges and accessories make any 2003 a 50th anniverary edition Corvette.

I did not say 50th Anniversary Commemrative edition which they did make, if you would bother to look it up.

So be a horse's behind if you wish, sure everyone knew what I meant.
Really? I was simply standing behind the other guy's point... your car (the same as my 2003 Z06) is not a special edition based purely on the year... "special" is indicative of there being something exclusive to the particular package that other cars that year did not receive, like the 50th Anniversary coupe and convertible with unique color combo and specific badging; otherwise, there's no point in even saying "50th anniversary" as you did since we all know ALL 2003s were built with 50th anniversary badging... but that's okay, I must not be a "true" Corvette guy

No, it isn't over, but I understand how you feel... my 2003 has less than 21k on her, but I have a lot of trips planned over the next year that will put me really close to that 30k mark as well. Enjoy it while it lasts and rebuild or replace it when it's done!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SKMCOBRA
That's really uncalled for and actually pretty rude. I'm 30 years below that and only drove mine 2k miles last year. Is that not acceptable in your eyes?

I'm with SKM on this one.
I only drove my car 3k miles or so a year - don't think that should open anyone up to ridicule. I've owned more horsepower over the years than most people, and appreciate every car and every HP. Some people live in climates that keep the car in the garage, or have lives that take up enough time that they can't just play with their cars like they'd like to.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by zulatr

I'm with SKM on this one.
I only drove my car 3k miles or so a year - don't think that should open anyone up to ridicule. I've owned more horsepower over the years than most people, and appreciate every car and every HP. Some people live in climates that keep the car in the garage, or have lives that take up enough time that they can't just play with their cars like they'd like to.
I dunno man, it's one thing to own hp and it's another to utilize it. I know SKM tracks his car and fully utilizes the taps and I do enjoy the semi-BS free nature of the forum, but at the same time there seems to be some thin skin here at times. I mean why blow this much money on a car just to have it sit in the garage and never get used? Then when that mentality is questioned it's offensive? C'mon, I bought this car to beat on and now that I bought a race car instead of the Corvette, I'm feeling guilty for not properly abusing it. Such a waste for that much potential to be mundanely be driven to work and back because it sucks less gas than the tow rig.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
I dunno man, it's one thing to own hp and it's another to utilize it. I know SKM tracks his car and fully utilizes the taps and I do enjoy the semi-BS free nature of the forum, but at the same time there seems to be some thin skin here at times. I mean why blow this much money on a car just to have it sit in the garage and never get used? Then when that mentality is questioned it's offensive? C'mon, I bought this car to beat on and now that I bought a race car instead of the Corvette, I'm feeling guilty for not properly abusing it. Such a waste for that much potential to be mundanely be driven to work and back because it sucks less gas than the tow rig.
So everyone one who owns are buys a high hp car should race or beat on it?..
I rather drive my z06 back and forward to work than my boreing as toyota and huyndai. .I personally didn't buy my car to race or beat on.i brought it because it was my dream car like many others..
We just had a new race track open up in my city and even though I said I didn't buy it to race or beat on, I think im going to start takeing it out to the track once or twice a month and thats only since we got a new track thats near by.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
You do realize that mileage and using the car are NOT mutually exclusive, right? There are low-mileage cars here that have spent insane mounts of time at the road course and drag strip, and there are plenty of cars here that have a hundred thousand miles with nothing more interesting than a freeway trip to the next town over.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:31 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Really? I was simply standing behind the other guy's point... your car (the same as my 2003 Z06) is not a special edition based purely on the year... "special" is indicative of there being something exclusive to the particular package that other cars that year did not receive, like the 50th Anniversary coupe and convertible with unique color combo and specific badging; otherwise, there's no point in even saying "50th anniversary" as you did since we all know ALL 2003s were built with 50th anniversary badging... but that's okay, I must not be a "true" Corvette guy

No, it isn't over, but I understand how you feel... my 2003 has less than 21k on her, but I have a lot of trips planned over the next year that will put me really close to that 30k mark as well. Enjoy it while it lasts and rebuild or replace it when it's done!
very well said friend!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Is it over now?