Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS6 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
crowdog

Default Modify stock exaust

Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.
crowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
z06Maniac
CF Senior Member

I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.
z06Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
YeloZ06
CF Senior Member

I swapped it all out. I have LG Super Pro longtube offroad headers that were ceramic coated inside and out , I removed the cats added an x-pipe and have a Billy Boat Bullet exhaust. My Z06 is an 02. It's been supercharged and has other mods. It's loud as hell and I love it! No emissions here in Hawaii.
YeloZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
crowdog

Thanks Maniac I will do a Ti-bypass search. This mod makes sense to me the stock exhaust is light and durable and the cost is minimal, I'm guessing not much in the way of performance but a little more rumble with no drone will work for me!
crowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
onspeed
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06Maniac View Post
I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.
How much did you pay and where did you go?
onspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
latenightlarry
CF Senior Member

you have a PM
latenightlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
JeremyGSU
CF Senior Member

I had it done and did a write-up.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...ed-2012-a.html
JeremyGSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
z06Maniac
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onspeed View Post
How much did you pay and where did you go?
I paid $97 for 24 inches of tubing from Titanium Joe. Only used 9" so I sold the rest for $45. I had some other work being done so my performance friend cut me a break on removing and re-installing my catback. Welding was done by Mike at Accufab Metal Fabrication in Tomball TX. Give him a call...price was very reasonable. You can easily do the whole thing for under $400, including removal and re-install. You can't even buy aftermarket mufflers for that! BTW I had a ton of work done by Reckart Performance Tuning and I'm thrilled with the results. PM me if you want more details.
z06Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
momo20
CF Senior Member

momo20
Send a message via MSN to momo20 Send a message via Yahoo to momo20

i wanted to go this route so bad..but finding someone in my area that could weld the Ti was not gonna happen..so i eneded up buying a corsa exhaust
momo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #10
Blue Blood
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Send a message via MSN to Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdog View Post
Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.
Check out Quinn @ 74weld in San Diego, he's one the work for many of us in LA - OC - SD. He might even still have some material.
Blue Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Modify stock exaust