Sponsored by:

[Z06] Headers that will fit Corsa X?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 AM
PBone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers that will fit Corsa X?

I have a Corsa Xtreme catback with the Corsa X Pipe and am wanting to add a set of long tubes this winter. Anybody know any brands that will bolt up to my X Pipe? I have the back half of it welded because the car is lowered and didn't want it to scrape and fall off... I'd really rather not mess with cutting it off.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by MPG_LOL
I have a Corsa Xtreme catback with the Corsa X Pipe and am wanting to add a set of long tubes this winter. Anybody know any brands that will bolt up to my X Pipe? I have the back half of it welded because the car is lowered and didn't want it to scrape and fall off... I'd really rather not mess with cutting it off.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the back half of it welded because the car is lowered and didn't want it to scrape and fall off... I'd really rather not mess with cutting it off.
The X-pipe is welded to the axle-back exhaust? That should never have happened.

I have a Corsa Xtreme catback with the Corsa X Pipe and am wanting to add a set of long tubes this winter. Anybody know any brands that will bolt up to my X Pipe?
A true bolt-on doesn't exist. At the very least, some cutting will be required, as the front of the X-pipe is connected by a slip-fit and clamps. It should be a pretty easy job for a competent exhaust shop to make it all fit, though. You'll just want to be sure to purchase only longtubes (and cats, if you want them), and not a full exhaust setup that includes all the midpipe hardware.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 AM
PBone
Racer

Originally Posted by skyavonee
The X-pipe is welded to the axle-back exhaust? That should never have happened.

A true bolt-on doesn't exist. At the very least, some cutting will be required, as the front of the X-pipe is connected by a slip-fit and clamps. It should be a pretty easy job for a competent exhaust shop to make it all fit, though. You'll just want to be sure to purchase only longtubes (and cats, if you want them), and not a full exhaust setup that includes all the midpipe hardware.
I wanted the x pipe fixed to the catback. My car is lowered and I had a bad experience with a speedbump a few months back..

I know there are shops that will make it fit, but I'm trying to avoid all the labor costs involved in that. I guess I'm looking for something with minimal modifications, that I can do at home, that will bolt to the corsa X. Thanks for the input
Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 AM
PBone
Racer

Any other input? Looking to order soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers that will fit Corsa X?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Headers that will fit Corsa X?