Sponsored by:

[Z06] B&B C5 Fusion 'Bi-Modal' Exhaust System, C5 Corvette & Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default B&B C5 Fusion 'Bi-Modal' Exhaust System, C5 Corvette & Z06

Want a great stainless steel exhaust for your Corvette that's agressive when you want it and conservative when you don't?

MarylandSpeed is proud to offer the C5 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust System from Billy Boat Performance Exhausts.

What is bi-modal exhaust?
The Fusion is a bi-modal exhaust system, meaning it has two passages or modes, that the exhaust can travel through the muffler. Each of the mufflers have two outlets. One side having a butterfly type valve allowing the exhaust flow to be shut off, regulating which side of the muffler the flows exhaust. One side of the muffler is the “quiet” side and one side is the “loud” side. The “quiet” side is a smaller, muffled and chambered tube, while the “loud” side is 3” tubing straight through.

How loud is it?
Through our development and customer feedback we learned that customers love the bold, aggressive sound of our classic "Bullet" exhaust system for the C5. The development team at Billy Boat Performance Exhaust has now taken all we have learned from the development of the Z06 and C6 Fusion systems and applied it to the C5. This sytem uses the basic design of the "Bullet" system with a bi-modal muffler, butterfly, and vacuum valve, which give the driver a choice in the overall sound level. The “loud” side of the muffler has a tone similar to the famous Bullet system. In the closed position the tone would be slightly louder than the standard Route 66 system.

What controls the valves?
The butterfly is controlled by a vacuum valve, which we built and developed completely in house. On the Z06 and the 2008 C6 with the NPP option, this valve is controlled by the ECU. The valve opens based on RPM and throttle position. Since the C5 has no option for the valve, we use the same vacuum kit and control as the C6 without NPP. Our expertise here at B&B is getting the “tone” right for your Corvette, and we think we nailed this one. In the closed position, the tone is agresssive, but substantially quieter than the standard Bullet system. Open the valves, the overall volume and tone increases to the point of the classic Bullet exhaust tone.

Will they bolt up to my stock H pipe or my stock headers?
Each part of the system will fit to a stock H-pipe or the stock headers. The parts can be mixed and matched (rear exhaust, x-pipe, and long tube headers) For best performance it is recommended to use the long tube headers, the Billy Boat x-pipe, and the C5 Fusion.

Billy Boat has combined the best of the Bullet exhaust with the best new technology to give you the Fusion System for your Corvette. The muffler tips are double walled, 4" round or 4.5" oval. The mufflers and tips come completely polished and the result is a truly spectacular look combined with an aggressive sound will have heads turning everywhere you go.

All B&B products are precision built in rugged fixtures, completely TIG welded, and are a direct replacement for stock exhaust components and include all hardware and gaskets. No machining, no cutting and no welding means easy installation. We provide the perfect mix of performance, sound and style your Corvette . Each Billy Boat Performance Exhaust system is backed by a lifetime warranty against rust, corrosion or burn through and 2 full years against defects in materials or workmanship.

Get yours today at MarylandSpeed.com with free shipping!
http://marylandspeed.com/bb-fusion-2...50-p-3899.html

Check out our 'Add to Cart' price for even more savings! Order on-line or call 443-730-9428.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 07-25-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
dizzysn
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I was rich
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dizzysn
I wish I was rich
Pusha T would get one!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Coach62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Very nice. I wish it was more affordable. That's twice what a ghl bullet costs shipped.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM
deadcafe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that is nice. B&B has really up'ed their game with this. Great set up but I agree with the rest of you very pricey. LOL I was not expecting that price tag from a B&B system. Now if it were Titanium,,,,,worth every penny!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:02 AM
Z06 Kidd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had 3 other exhaust on my car, and this is by far my favorite. I wish it was a full 3" but it still seems to flow plenty at 600+ at the wheel. Great sound and quality! It's worth the money when comparing it to the other C5 exhaust options.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:55 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06 Kidd
I've had 3 other exhaust on my car, and this is by far my favorite. I wish it was a full 3" but it still seems to flow plenty at 600+ at the wheel. Great sound and quality! It's worth the money when comparing it to the other C5 exhaust options.
Thanks for the great feedback!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Robby04
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Any sales at the moment? Whats the best price shipped to miami fl
Old 05-08-2015, 12:06 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Robby04
Any sales at the moment? Whats the best price shipped to miami fl
For pricing, give us a call at 443-730-9428 and we should be able to get you a discount on the exhaust you are interested in. We look forward to hearing from you!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:06 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Labor Day Sale

Use coupon code laborday15 to save 5% off most lines! This code cannot be combined with package deals and requires a $300 minimum purchase.

We have every day low price lines as well that the 5% discount does not apply to. For full details, check out the sale on our website at the link below.

http://marylandspeed.com/laborday-i-22.html

If you have any questions or want to discuss package pricing, give us a call at 443-730-9428!

Get notified of new replies

To B&B C5 Fusion 'Bi-Modal' Exhaust System, C5 Corvette & Z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] B&B C5 Fusion 'Bi-Modal' Exhaust System, C5 Corvette & Z06