Sponsored by:

[Z06] Mantic Er2 FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Silnus
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mantic Er2 FTW!!!

This single disk clutch is remarkable with TRUE stock feel. Great HP holding capacity, and lighter than stock. Would definitely recommend this clutch. Coming from a Monster lvl 3.5 in my other Z06, this shames it. Don't be afraid to commit and buy, very good product.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear this.
A while back, when you were deciding which way to go with your clutch package.
I remember suggesting the Manic from ECS to you.
I hear the Dual set up, has even better "street manners".....
But of the course the extra $$$

Thank's for the feed back.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Glad to hear your happy with it!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Can you give some more details comparing it to the Monster?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Silnus
Pro

Originally Posted by nullpointer
Can you give some more details comparing it to the Monster?
Honestly it outperforms it in every fashion thus far. Mantic has EASY pedal effort, Im not using an AMC either. Price is about the same for both but you have Doug here for customer service issues if they arrive. Power holding capacity is about the same between this and the level 3. This isnt an on/off clutch, it engages like stock so you can slip it. I put about 12k on my Monster with AMC. It never gave me a problem but the pedal effort was incredibly stiff. Reminded me of a cable driven Cobra clutch, but harder. Clutch is made for a street car...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Just to clarify our clutches do not require an amc and there is no comparison if you had one on one clutch but not the other, especially if it wasn't adjusted correctly. The increased bore size increases the pedal effort way more than the diaphragm springs. Not sure if you know the bearing load and plate load of the mantic, but I guarantee it doesn't hold as much if it truly has a lighter pedal.
Originally Posted by Silnus
Honestly it outperforms it in every fashion thus far. Mantic has EASY pedal effort, Im not using an AMC either. Price is about the same for both but you have Doug here for customer service issues if they arrive. Power holding capacity is about the same between this and the level 3. This isnt an on/off clutch, it engages like stock so you can slip it. I put about 12k on my Monster with AMC. It never gave me a problem but the pedal effort was incredibly stiff. Reminded me of a cable driven Cobra clutch, but harder. Clutch is made for a street car...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Silnus
Pro

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Just to clarify our clutches do not require an amc and there is no comparison if you had one on one clutch but not the other, especially if it wasn't adjusted correctly. The increased bore size increases the pedal effort way more than the diaphragm springs. Not sure if you know the bearing load and plate load of the mantic, but I guarantee it doesn't hold as much if it truly has a lighter pedal.
This is a thread to give props to Mantic and give sponsor feedback, not to compare vendor products sir. If you would like to impart knowledge to myself, please PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:14 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06

Mantic dyno tests every clutch that leaves the factory and has all the data available for what it can handle. I would be happy to compare if you have the same data?
The ER2 design is implemented to raise the clamping force substantially without sacrificing pedal feel, so you may be surprised with what they can hold.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Honestly it outperforms it in every fashion thus far. Mantic has EASY pedal effort, Clutch is made for a street car...
It also outperforms the SPEC 3+ in every way possible. I used to have a Spec3 Plus before I put a Mantic in. Not only did the spec feel like a rock but it chattered like mad even after 1500 miles. I had to slip the crap out of it at 2500RPM each time I left from a stop sign.

Absolutely no issues with the ER2 rowing through the gears with 500HP to the wheels!

Last edited by Ikester; 08-06-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:08 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

I'm not in here to bash another's product, just defending my product. Doug I am not at liberty to share that information, but as far as dyno numbers are concerned we have held 1111rwtq on our dyno with a Monster Single.

Last edited by PRE-Z06; 08-06-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 PM
SS2001SS
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to hear this as well. This will be my replacement clutch in the next year or so.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

By no means am I trying to stir the pot...........but what 60' has the Mantic produce so far ?? Or 1/4 mile times in general ??

Also, how would you rate the Mantic to the RXT ?? Assuming same flywheels.......

Thanks............

Anyone ^^^^^ ???

Also, what is the base and conductor material in this Mantic ??

Thanks.......

Last edited by LSOHOLIC; 08-08-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Glad you are enjoying your Mantic. I switched from an RPS to the Mantic dual last year and couldn't be happier. The street manors are amazing, I can take this car anywhere now and not worry about being stuck in traffic. My fiance can also now drive my car as easily as any stick car she has driven. I have about 5000 miles on mine now with zero issues, just keeping the clutch fluid clean it feels like the day it was installed. Mantic is the real deal. Enjoy!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I have the er2 mantic, and i do feel that is is a tad stiffer pedal effort over the ls6 clutch. I had a tick master on both the ls6 clutch and the mantic. About 900 miles on the mantic so far. It does engage smooth, but rather quickly, but the tick master does exaggerate it some.. i took 500 easy miles on break in, but can tell u i can get the mantic shatter a smige.. u can barely feel it.. over all im happy.. mantic rates the single @ 780 trq btw..
Old 08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
pluslt
Pro

Good feedback Silnus. Whenever I get around to ridding myself of this Textralia (which I hate) I'll be hitting up Doug et al.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
By no means am I trying to stir the pot...........but what 60' has the Mantic produce so far ?? Or 1/4 mile times in general ??

Also, how would you rate the Mantic to the RXT ?? Assuming same flywheels.......

Thanks............

Anyone ^^^^^ ???

Also, what is the base and conductor material in this Mantic ??

Thanks.......

There are several guys running the Mantic clutch in the "Mantic clutch GM EFI series @ Raceway Park", some in the tens, but honestly I have not paid that close attention to the 60' times produced.
I am confident from my experience as the shop who has produced the fastest 60'ing IRS Corvette on the planet, that the slip capabilities of the Mantic are very conducive to launching well. However if you are a regular drag racer then I'm sure you know too that the one with the fastest 60' time, or best ET is not always the best clutch for street use, or the fastest car, but often is just the one who spent the most time at the drag stripe to achieve it.
99% of our customers however are more so looking for a clutch that is not a leg press machine while holding the power they are producing. The Mantic has full filled that very well as you see from the replies in this thread.

I will certainly not make a comparison between the two clutches, that is simply unprofessional on my part if I was to do so, sorry. I'm sure they are both great clutches, we prefer the Mantic line.

The Mantic is a dual material clutch disc, it has a std organic facing ring in contact with the ER2 pressure plate and a segmented ceramettallic facing on the flywheel side. Thus making a good blend between a street clutch and an all out drag clutch.

If your intension is strictly drag racing and 60' times, I would recommend going with a slipper clutch that will require constant adjustments, and a dog bone trans for no lift shifts. I highly doubt that would go over well with the average Corvette owner quite how this clutch does though.

I hope that answers your questions, thanks for your interest in Mantic clutches.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
There are several guys running the Mantic clutch in the "Mantic clutch GM EFI series @ Raceway Park", some in the tens, but honestly I have not paid that close attention to the 60' times produced.
I am confident from my experience as the shop who has produced the fastest 60'ing IRS Corvette on the planet, that the slip capabilities of the Mantic are very conducive to launching well. However if you are a regular drag racer then I'm sure you know too that the one with the fastest 60' time, or best ET is not always the best clutch for street use, or the fastest car, but often is just the one who spent the most time at the drag stripe to achieve it.
99% of our customers however are more so looking for a clutch that is not a leg press machine while holding the power they are producing. The Mantic has full filled that very well as you see from the replies in this thread.

I will certainly not make a comparison between the two clutches, that is simply unprofessional on my part if I was to do so, sorry. I'm sure they are both great clutches, we prefer the Mantic line.

The Mantic is a dual material clutch disc, it has a std organic facing ring in contact with the ER2 pressure plate and a segmented ceramettallic facing on the flywheel side. Thus making a good blend between a street clutch and an all out drag clutch.

If your intension is strictly drag racing and 60' times, I would recommend going with a slipper clutch that will require constant adjustments, and a dog bone trans for no lift shifts. I highly doubt that would go over well with the average Corvette owner quite how this clutch does though.

I hope that answers your questions, thanks for your interest in Mantic clutches.
Thank you Doug.....

Get notified of new replies

To Mantic Er2 FTW!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 AM
RockJustBelow
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This single disk clutch is remarkable with TRUE stock feel. Great HP holding capacity, and lighter than stock. Would definitely recommend this clutch.
Don't be afraid to commit and buy, very good product.
+1 ! I couldn't agree more. I came from a SPEC Twin Disc and the feel is like going back to a stock clutch.

I don't track my car so the Mantic ER2 is perfect for me and my LS3.

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Glad to hear your happy with it!
You guys did a great job (as usual) installing the clutch.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Lsoholic just to expand on your points made in the performance results section as we've been designing clutches for over 5 years and do test all products rigorously before releasing them to the public. I can attest that a dual friction clutch is only as strong as it's weakest link, being the organic side it will act like a stock clutch which is also organic. Some say an ls7 will hold 600rwhp...statically maybe, but abused don't count on it.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:09 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by rjb6mt
+1 ! I couldn't agree more. I came from a SPEC Twin Disc and the feel is like going back to a stock clutch.

I don't track my car so the Mantic ER2 is perfect for me and my LS3.

You guys did a great job (as usual) installing the clutch.

Thanks! Glad your enjoying it!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Mantic Er2 FTW!!!