Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2004 fuel tank (or connector) replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Jay's Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been lurking on this thread. Is this an '04 issue only?

Mine is an '02 with 27,900 on the clock. Would my car qualify for this service?

Thanks.

-Jay
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 PM
GoofyVet2004
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 2TONE82
FWIW - GM's pretty nervous about recalls right now - expect them to recall my '82 any day now! ....I'd play hard ball and recommend they fix your KNOWN fuel tank leak.

Also - wanting to post this link about a possible group photo at the NCM 20th: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...post1587259304

Did take it in to dealer sponsoring our club. Hoping tjat may help getting them to pay for it or at a reasonable price.

Was quoted 3k at first. Call ed on a Friday to make apt to bring it in, Was tolsd bring it in on Monday. Did that. On Tuesday get a call saying that they ordered parts & need a new fuel pump as the old one will not fit the new tank. Would add about $600 more to the bill. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT either. You would think if they are replacing item for item that the pump should fit. I just hope they do not charge me extra labor for putting the new pump in.
Then on Thursday I get a call saying that they got the part in and when would I want to bring the car in. I then explained the car had been there since Monday. I then got a call back telling me that when they opened the box with the part in it, the part was broken and would not be able to get to the car until probably on Monday.

Also on top of this when I first was told that GM would not pay for it I proceeded to the owners office to see about talking with him. I was told by the Chevy Sales Manager that he was in a meeting and he was on his way there, I explained it all to him and he said that he would give my card to the owner so he could get back to me, I still have not heard from anyone about GM paying for it. Also another kicker is that since I purchased this as a used car ( even with 16k on it ) I bought a GM extended warranty with the 3 yrs on that just expired also in June. Since I was not aware of this fuel take issue I went ahead and did not renew the warranty; if I had I would have kept it.

I do plan on going back and FOR sure talking with the owner. I will make an appointment for the day that I pick up the car.

I will keep the forum posted on how it turns out,

Sorry this post was so long.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 PM
GoofyVet2004
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jay's Z

Thanks.

-Jay
Only some of the '04 ;s not all of them either.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay's Z

Thanks.

-Jay
No, your car has the earlier fuel system

The fuel system in question went into service in late 2003

Unfortunately, I have that fuel system in my 03 AND I have my drivetrain out right now.. it makes me wonder if/how I should check it to make sure all is good
Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Jay's Z
Racer

Originally Posted by rjwz28
No, your car has the earlier fuel system

The fuel system in question went into service in late 2003

Unfortunately, I have that fuel system in my 03 AND I have my drivetrain out right now.. it makes me wonder if/how I should check it to make sure all is good
Thank you!

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2004 fuel tank (or connector) replacement