Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Clutch Shimming Made EASY with NEW Tick Performance Slave Cylinder Shim Kit - 3 Pack!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
0Joey@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Clutch Shimming Made EASY with NEW Tick Performance Slave Cylinder Shim Kit - 3 Pack!

Any of you who have installed a clutch into a newer GM vehicle have likely heard of (and measured for) a shim that can go behind the slave cylinder to ensure proper bearing travel (and thus, clutch disengagement). You may have seen our popular thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tra...need-shim.html

I'm proud to announce that Tick Performance is now making the use of shims even more precise by offering THREE difference thicknesses:Since there is no way to tell which shim you'll need before measuring, it's a smart idea to keep a few on hand prior to install so you're not held up in shipping if you need one. For this reason, we offer a discounted 3 Pack:All are in stock and ready to ship. Make sure that you measure to see if a shim is needed during your next clutch install - you'll be glad you did! For more information on the measuring process, click any of the links in this thread.

While you're at our site, take a look around! We offer thousands of products and FREE SHIPPING on any order over $100! We look forward to doing business with you.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:55 PM
0Joey@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

TTT for the weekend! Thank you guys for the orders thusfar.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:23 PM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

BFTD

what do i do if i have zero clearance i.e my slave in the fully seated position with no spring is still pushing on my clutch finders by .100
answer me that one hot shot
Old 04-16-2016, 07:48 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrouspaul
BFTD

what do i do if i have zero clearance i.e my slave in the fully seated position with no spring is still pushing on my clutch finders by .100
answer me that one hot shot
Ram race bearing. I had too much preload with my twin disc and couldn't use a factory slave.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:04 AM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

thanks cobra i just turned the back of the slave on my lathe and removed material
Old 04-17-2016, 02:27 AM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrouspaul
thanks cobra i just turned the back of the slave on my lathe and removed material
Yeah I guess it's not as common to have the opposite problem. Glad you figured something out. My car shifts so much smoother now. Unfortunately I had to rip it out again to remedy the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Shimming Made EASY with NEW Tick Performance Slave Cylinder Shim Kit - 3 Pack!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch Shimming Made EASY with NEW Tick Performance Slave Cylinder Shim Kit - 3 Pack!