Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] What did you do to your Z06 TODAY??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Kamauxx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xx_Black-out
good call, good call but you never know. I don't know anyone that's changed the fluid in a manual tranny without cause.. either really high miles or racing maybe?
Nah, from what I understand changing the fluid helps the shifting a lot.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Xx_Black-out
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Kamauxx
Nah, from what I understand changing the fluid helps the shifting a lot.
Really? What problems are you having with shifting?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Had to Google it. Does it work with the Bose OE headunit?
Not directly. I have it linked up to the stock radio via the Aux2Car setup I bought from Double D Mods. I had an issue with the right audio channel blowing out on the blue box itself, but when everything was working, it was an awesome setup. The new one fixes this, obviously.

Sound is REALLY good, and the speaker phone is unbeatable. With my windows down on the freeway, people can hear me crystal clear. The mic array is fantastic. Other than that issue and their crappy technical support, I've been happy with it.

Using it with the aux2car box, I have the option of making it so it doesn't mess with my radio while I'm listing to it. The way it's meant to work, any time your phone makes a sound, it will cut out your radio to make that noise. I get a new email alert almost every 3-5 minutes so it would be really annoying. But the way it's setup now, if someone calls me or if I want to make a call, I just hit the "AUX" button on the stock radio and accept the call. If I want to listen to music off my phone (I use Grooveshark and XM Radio via Android) I just hit the "AUX" button and hit the play button on the wireless remote that comes with the Parrot.

Basically, all phone audio is routed through the AUX on the radio and the Parrot does a good job selecting sources of audio.

Last edited by SCM_Crash; 08-02-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Kamauxx
Racer

Really? What problems are you having with shifting?
None. It just makes shifting more smooth. The shifters suck on these cars.

I haven't even seen my car since Feb. 14th, so I honestly can barely remember how it feels to drive it. But making gear shift a little easier is just one of those things I want to do.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Dill_Pickel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None. It just makes shifting more smooth. The shifters suck on these cars.
Thank god someones feels the same way. That's the one dissapointment I have with the car. How it shifts. I added a short shifter and changed the fluid and it feels alittle better hopefully a heavy shift **** will also help out.

On that note I added a halltech cai and took out the flex and started polishing the car. First pass was with poorboys ssr2.5 and an orange pad. And it already looks 100x better can't wait to do ssr1 and get a few coats of DODO Juice supernatural
Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Dill_Pickel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on changing my tranny fluid when I get home. Did you find a write up on it, or already knew the process? How long did the tranny fluid change take?
Sorry im seeing this now... I just got under there and looked. It was striaght foward and took all of 15 mins. And it feels better.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Ordered a TS front end with splitter. Getting ready to start the body mods soon.

L5 rear fenders
TS front end
halo and trunk painted black
GS gloss black wheels in stock GS sizes
Old 08-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Xx_Black-out
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Ordered a TS front end with splitter. Getting ready to start the body mods soon.

L5 rear fenders
TS front end
halo and trunk painted black
GS gloss black wheels in stock GS sizes
Pictures!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Well this is how she sits now but like I said the body mods are coming.

Name:  IMG_1783.jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  192.6 KB
Old 08-03-2011, 09:40 AM
pluslt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update: Yesterday on my way home from work I drove through fresh concrete. The road crew did not have the road blocked or anything and I did not realize until I was right on it what was about to happen. When I got home I saw the madness. Concrete slurry over the doors, in the door jams, fenders, mirrors, both wheel wells coated, the bottom of the car was covered as well. Needless to say I spent all evening cleaning the car. I pulled the tires and cleaned the wheels, tires and wheel wells but there is some some residual in the wheel well crevices. Such is life. Can't get too uptight over this stuff or I'd /=. Talk about ruining your day though.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM
speedyhawk101
Burning Brakes

/\ Bummer
Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Well this was yesterday but I finally got around to fixing the "HVAC through all vents" issue. Took of the passenger fender thanks to a how-to from here, and traced all my vacuum lines. The one line going into the cabin was eatin up by battery acid, so I routed the new one away from any future threats. Buttoned her back up and she's good to go.

Today I'll be doing a full wash/polish/wax but I'm not too sure how well my knees will hold up after yesterdays repairs. Certainly not as young as I look, things are starting to give out.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by nvusgt
Certainly not as young as I look, things are starting to give out.
Yea if you could have known that you (me too) were going to be this good looking at this age, we might have taken better care of our self.

Then maybe not.

Oh I'll put another 400 miles on the clock. Off to a Giants game today.

Mark.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM
JJStone
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by Toque
"Kids in the Hall" did that way before SNL...
zomg your soso right "damn you skuba steve!!"
i was lol'n so hard when i thought of it i just pictured it on SNL & forgot they basiclly stole it & the few cast members. awesome memory
Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Spoon83
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

waiting on my NOVI 2000 install
Old 08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
enigma94
Racer

good call, good call but you never know. I don't know anyone that's changed the fluid in a manual tranny without cause.. either really high miles or racing maybe?
I change my tranny and diff fluid every other oil change. Fluid is cheaper than a new diff/tranny so why not.

Originally Posted by nvusgt
Well this was yesterday but I finally got around to fixing the "HVAC through all vents" issue. Took of the passenger fender thanks to a how-to from here, and traced all my vacuum lines. The one line going into the cabin was eatin up by battery acid, so I routed the new one away from any future threats. Buttoned her back up and she's good to go.
GOD, i'm still baffled on why they thought putting hard plastic lines and all the wiring under the battery in the perfect location for acid to compromise them. I had the HVAC vent issue last summer and did the same exact thing. It was a Blast.... lol.

I just got my Z back together after installing a Pfadt polly A-arm bushing kit, rear polly sway bushings, and extended studs all around. Waiting for my check to order up the remaining parts needed to put my c6z brakes on then i'll finally be done with the suspension and ready to save for upgraded drive train!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM
SVTBAIT
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Yesterday I drove it from Toronto to Ottawa (300 miles), went to a car show, scared a friend in it, weighed it, took some pictures, and started to do an extensive cleaning.

Name:  Quarry1.jpg
Views: 2389
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  Quarry3.jpg
Views: 2383
Size:  211.1 KB

Name:  Quarry2.jpg
Views: 2467
Size:  183.9 KB

Get notified of new replies

To What did you do to your Z06 TODAY??

Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JJStone
zomg your soso right "damn you skuba steve!!"
i was lol'n so hard when i thought of it i just pictured it on SNL & forgot they basiclly stole it & the few cast members. awesome memory
My wife got me singing the "Dave" song the other day from Kids in the Hall... Can't get it outa my head !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTqzZpz6RY

Toque
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
JJStone
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

lawls!!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Well, I may well be the "Dave", the song was about, if it was a dark tune... Just about a hour ago, I brought my baby home on it's first flatbed ride. I've been sick since Friday, and I just couldn't resist taking a quick ride, romping on it in 3rd to 4th gear. It made a bad sound, and wouldn't go into 4th, making me jam the gearshift. Then it started kerlunking loudly, and I knew that 600 RWHP and stock driveline, not counting clutch, is not a happy mix. I thought the damn halfshaft would give out first! Be that as it may, it's either the diff, or the trans, and my money would be on diff. The entire rear of the car is covered with a clearish fluid that smells like gear oil. But, at my power level, would it be prudent to replace both with upgrades? Bad Efen day for Dave.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What did you do to your Z06 TODAY??