Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 PM
MadDogZ06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another set sold

I just bought a set from the guy on eBay. After talking to the folks at PerformancePlusTire.com, I don't recommend using them. I needed to have my tires shipped directly to Lingenfelter to have them mounted. These guys flatly refused. The only place they would ship them was to my billing address with no exceptions. Their answer was to change my credit card billing address to Lingenfelter. How stupid is that? They didn't even see an issue with it. Amazing.

The guy on eBay just asked that I email him a copy of my driver's license that confirmed my billing address and they were good to go.

I look forward to picking up the car fresh off the dyno in Indiana with these fresh new tires and driving home to Texas! ROADTRIP!!

MadDog
Old 03-08-2008, 02:48 PM
yyukon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mine from TomZ Wheels. They had to have it shipped to a business address. Was not a problem for me.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:54 PM
bobdobb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called Tomz Friday to order a set. He had the front size in stock but was waiting on the 295/18s. The ones enroute to him are all spoken for. I am supposed to get a call when they arrive if someone does backs out. Beond that I am just waiting. I emailed the guy on e-bay Friday about a set have still had not reply as of 950pm Saturday night. I hope Tomz can come through as I have an Easter road trip planned.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
zQuick28
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yyukon
Well you guys have been talking these up a aw full lot. So I ordered a set of 265/35-18 and 295/30-19 today. Sure hope they are quieter and stick better than the stock Goodyears.

You cant compare the stock goodyears with anything..
those are some pretty awful tires to be putting on vettes...
They dont stick, and they dont handle.
IMO>......

You will love these... I just ordered anther set because they are still cheap..LOL
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
zQuick28
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MadDogZ06
I just bought a set from the guy on eBay. After talking to the folks at PerformancePlusTire.com, I don't recommend using them. I needed to have my tires shipped directly to Lingenfelter to have them mounted. These guys flatly refused. The only place they would ship them was to my billing address with no exceptions. Their answer was to change my credit card billing address to Lingenfelter. How stupid is that? They didn't even see an issue with it. Amazing.

The guy on eBay just asked that I email him a copy of my driver's license that confirmed my billing address and they were good to go.

I look forward to picking up the car fresh off the dyno in Indiana with these fresh new tires and driving home to Texas! ROADTRIP!!

MadDog

I did not have any trouble with performance.. But I know what you are talking about with the credit deal.... I had to add my place of work as a shipping address on the credit card.. I think that is what they were talking about, in order to ship to lingenfelter.
not actually add lingenfelter as a name on credit card, but as shipping address to card... typically if you have online access, it can be done there....

I did try to call performance 1 day to talk to somebody, and could not get a hold of anyone, but 4 hours later get an email...
but they had me my tires in about 2 days....
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
roSSco
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a couple hundred miles on mine and they are great! Today should test the wet weather aspect of the tires.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
zQuick28
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
Would you guys say these tires will hook up in a straight line as good or better than Nitto Drags? I would think not but who knows!
I dont think they would do better then any DR for straight line racing.
DR's are made for that...
But I will say that these tires hook pretty good..

And I have beat up a few people on Niito drags.
when I was on the vredessteins.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by a pair of sixes
Anyone know this yet? Unsprung weight is a key.
I weighed mine on a bathroom scale (same day):

OEM 18x10.5 Z06 wheel with PS2 tire (295/35/18) = 51.2 lbs

OEM 18.10.5 Z06 wheel with Vredestein tire (295/35/18) = 49.9 lbs
Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by MadDogZ06

MadDog
i ordered a front y-pipe for the 89 from mad vette and wanted it drop shipped to jet hot, so i called the credit card company and told them what i wanted to do. they gave me an authorization code which i gave to mad and the pipe was shipped straight to jet hot. no problem.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
jld04z06
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaskanpilot
I just ordered a full set of these (stock sizes, Z06) and they will be going onto the car on Friday. I'm really looking forward to checking these out!

I spent about two weeks reading probably every tire thread ever created on this forum and came to the conclusion that these tires are simply amazing. I've seen every other tire criticized by people who have used them... but I've yet to see one Vredestein owner say that they suck. Is this a function of the relatively new appearance of these tires into the marketplace? Probably.. but I can't overlook the sheer positives that have come forth. For $639/set? Just amazing!
Where did you order them from? Do you have a number or web info?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Hooker
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roSSco
I have a couple hundred miles on mine and they are great! Today should test the wet weather aspect of the tires.

I've been anxiously awaiting your wet road report. I found the VS tires to be fantastic on water .... what about you?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

I just don't understand the opposite tread pattern. Seems they are just saving money by making a tire for one side. Logically only one side can be the best, and the other being the inverse, must perform to a lessor degree. All other mfr.'s have the V going forward, but maybe for everyday street driving it doesn't matter.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a lot of Vette guys buy tires for HOW they look and not anything else. Typical bling frame of mind I guess for some people. Couple local people bought just because they looked different and got a lot of comment from general public on how "cool" they looked. Go figure.

I guess if you drive in the rain hey are good, but tires for the rain are not even a concern of mine on the performance cars I own.

Last edited by briann510; 04-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
lawZ
Instructor

I have an 04Z,put these tires on 2 weeks ago,they are fantastic! Quieter,smoother and hook way better than S/C's.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I have 2,500 miles on my set of Vredesteins now, and they are still the best thing since sliced bread! Wet handling is INSANE... I drove through 800 miles of rain and sleet last week (Nor Cal to Seattle... what cruddy weather along the I-5!) and these tires delivered full confidence and comfort the whole time.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does someone have a phone number for tomzwheels or someone else that sells them in the northeast?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by apriliacati
Does someone have a phone number for tomzwheels or someone else that sells them in the northeast?
Yes, here you are...

254-939-1030, and ask for Pete. He is the one from Tomz who always posts here! I think last week he posted the best prices yet, something like $579 plus $75 s/h for a set of four that fit the Z06.

When I ordered mine, two came from Pennsylvania so I believe they have a warehouse and/or a location there? Should get to you in no time at all if you're in the NE. (and if they're in stock of course... these things are starting to sell like hotcakes it seems!)

Get notified of new replies

To Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Do these run a little thinner than the stock Z06 GY SC's? Anyone have side-by-side pictures?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaskanpilot
Yes, here you are...

254-939-1030, and ask for Pete. He is the one from Tomz who always posts here! I think last week he posted the best prices yet, something like $579 plus $75 s/h for a set of four that fit the Z06.

When I ordered mine, two came from Pennsylvania so I believe they have a warehouse and/or a location there? Should get to you in no time at all if you're in the NE. (and if they're in stock of course... these things are starting to sell like hotcakes it seems!)
Thanks alot Alaskian pilot
Old 04-09-2008, 05:58 AM
SJSZ06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
Do these run a little thinner than the stock Z06 GY SC's? Anyone have side-by-side pictures?
Sorry, no side-by-side pics, but I think they may look thinner due to a more rounded edge.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vredestein Sessanta tires - anyone heard about these ?