C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cryo/ceramic/powder Coating Special Prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 05:33 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cryo/ceramic/powder Coating Special Prices!!!

Cryo/ceramic/powder coating special!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys!

I am a local metallurgist that’s offering ceramic coatings, cryo treatments and powder coatings!!!! at special prices to Corvette Forum members ONLY!!!! it is a lot cheaper than other places plus you get to talk directly with the owner, me! you will find our quality better than anywhere else!!! why buy from a non Corvette owner/enthusiast coating place. I own a 1996 auto LT1 and I love it. You will see me posting a lot on the forum to get tips and give my 2 cents. I will treat all your parts with care! What I brag about is the fact we can coat any metal bumper to bumper!
Here is a brief over view of what each is:

Powder Coating:
is a dry finishing process that uses finely ground powders of pigment and resin to coat the surface. Powder coating uses an electrostatically charged technique in which the powders are charged so that the powder particles adhere to the metal surface and are then melted and fused together in the curing process.
Since its introduction in North America almost 40 years ago, powder coating has become the fastest growing finishing technology, currently representing over 10 percent of the total industrial finishing market. More and more finishing engineers for a countless array of products have switched from liquid finishing to powder coating as a way to produce a high quality and durable finish while maximizing production, cutting costs, improving efficiency, and complying with increasingly stringent environmental regulations.
In addition to a wide range of colors and textures, an almost infinite range of properties can be built into the finish. Examples include resistance to ultra-violet rays, enhanced durability and better corrosion resistance.
Thousands of different kinds of parts and products are now powder coated. Examples include dryer drums, refrigerator liners, hospital beds, metal furniture, electrical cabinets, lighting fixtures, power saws, farm implements, curtain rods, ceiling fans, light truck bodies, engine, suspension, frame and other auto parts, motorcycle frames, bicycle frames, and on and on!

What to powder coat:
intake Valve covers Chassis wheels

Ceramic coating:
Ceramic coatings or Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBC's) are designed to reduce the movement of heat. In some instances, such as exhaust systems, you want to keep the heat within the part. In combustion chambers you want to use the heat generated by combustion to push down on the piston rather than bleed off into surrounding surfaces.
Benefits derived from Thermal Ceramic Coating when applied to your exhaust system: (1) Drop in underhood temperature (2) Corrosion Protection (3) Extend life of exhaust components (4) Great appearance, the look of chrome without staining or bluing (5) Rapid cool-down.
Being able to move and control heat is of tremendous importance. Excessive temperature can lead to metal fatigue, boiling fluids, damaging metal expansion, reduced electrical efficiency and a host of other problems. Traditionally dealing with heat has been handled either by expanding the radiating surface, constructing parts from materials that are more heat conductive and using the color black. Several Thermal Dispersant coatings are now available and when utilized in conjunction with other coatings the flow of heat can be managed to optimize engine life and performance.
What to ceramic coat:
Hedders Exhaust componets Rear differentials

Cryo Treating:
Race teams have found deep cryogenic engine processing to give them an edge on the competition. With the engine components cryoed they can save money on parts and run more on the edge without constant fear of burn down or breakdown.
The advantage that the cryogenic process brings is a significant increase in abrasive wear resistance and durability. These are accompanied by increases in tensile strength, toughness and dimensional stability coupled with the release of internal residuel stresses.
Cryogenically processed motors and othe components have less vibration, less burn downs and less distortion. Treated piston rings seal better against treated cylinder walls reducing blow-by equaling more HP and torque. Race car brake rotors see a 3-5 time life increase after cryo, resisting cracking and warping. Cryoed brake rotors also result in a much longer brake pad life.

For the non believers:
All iron and steel are alloys with carbon, chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, nickel, silicon, etc. in specific proportions. As the alloys cool from the molten state, they crystallize in particular forms depending on the alloy and cooling rate. Using a microscope, one can see the crystalline structure. To simplify slightly, the alloy and cooling rate determine the crystalline structure, and the crystalline structure ultimately determines the hardness, toughness, brittleness, etc of the part.

After the part is cooled, the crystalline structure can be modified by reheating to a specific temperature, and cooling at a specific rate (annealing, tempering, hardening) The surface can be modified by chemical treatment to modify the structure chemically (case hardening or nitriding (Tufftriding). Finally all alloys evolve their crystalline structure over time even at room temperature. Aluminum alloys do it faster than iron alloys.

Cryotreating accelerates the crystalline evolution of the alloy to the ultimate structure, which as it happens is harder than the original. (The usual technical term in iron alloys is martensite transformation into pearlite) Pearlite is a submicroscopic arrangement of Ferrite (iron) and cementite (iron carbide). The iron carbide gives hardness, and the small grain structure gives toughness. Again, this will happen over long time at room temperature, but cryotreatment accelerates and makes uniform the process. So much for tech talk. It's actually much more complex. Some alloys benefit more than others, and some parts may be adequate without treatment.

The structure can be verified microscopically. This means that cryotreatment has an objective means of measurement. (One could also do strength tests). In other words, it's not just hocus pocus. (as quoted from Tkrussel on the forum!) beautiful explaintion!

What to cryo:
Pistons / Pins / Rings Heads Jugs / Cylinders Brake Rotors

Cylinder Sleeves Spark Plugs Valves Blocks

Gears / Chain / Sprockets Camshafts Drive / Jack Shafts Springs

Transmission Clutches Crankshafts Connecting Rods

Lifters Push Rods Ring & Pinion Gears

please email Nick (my VP and Question awnsering guy he’s an awesome guy!) nickmcdeazy@yahoo.com. for all your questions!

Look were 2 honest and normal guys who love vettes! I love my job and love working with vettes.
Feel free to ask us anything. our quality and prices are second to none!!!
Specify year and engine type in email.
if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
YOUR FRIEND!
Sean Blanton
president/owner
Cryo/Ceramic Treatings
WHAT ARE YOU WAIT FOR?

CF members only!-
Price list: note we can only coat all metal parts!

powder coating:

air cleaner housing=$55
bareblock- $413
calipers= $44 per
car frame- $605
drive shaft- $55
heads(pair)- $330
intake manifold- $148
rearend(housing only)- $94
water pump- $39
wheels (per wheel)- $88
transmission housing- $215

Cryo:

cylinder sleeve- $12
intake manifold- $44
ring and pinion (per set)-$110
block only- $358
complete engine(disassembled)- $715
complete transmission(disassembled)- $325
rotors-44 per
cam shaft- $28
crankshaft- $132

Ceramic:

headers(long tube)(unless really long like side pipes then I will custom quote)- $198
intake manifold- $99
TPI(manifold, plenum and runners)-$148
valve covers(set)- $55
mufflers- $50
prices subect to change but most likely wont! we accept paypal.

Last edited by redbullapril23; 11-14-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Jackal
Drifting

I would send you my headers but it is a long trip and would cost too much in shipping.

One question though. when you coat the headers, do you get coverage on the inside?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:35 PM
see5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our local power coater who does national OEM work will not PC Z06 wheels because of the extreme offset and the effect the heat used in the process will have on the aluminium forged wheels.
Make sense?
meltn@new.rr.com
Old 11-10-2004, 09:48 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by see5
Our local power coater who does national OEM work will not PC Z06 wheels because of the extreme offset and the effect the heat used in the process will have on the aluminium forged wheels.
Make sense?
meltn@new.rr.com
Your Powder coater is only protecting himself from extreme and rare instances of failure that are not necessarily due to powdercoating processes. If masked properly at mating surfaces there is no effect to offset, and if applied to 2 or 3 mils thickness it is negligable to the stock offset. The temps that powder is cured at should have no effect on the materials as it is short term only with complete cure times. There is no heat treatment from powder cure. Sounds like Nervous Norvis here. I also have done many sets of wheels and there have been no problems.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:01 PM
see5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks
His point concerning offset was not that the coating would change it rather that the load is increased compared to more conventiional rims where the load is not as overhung with center closer to rim midpoint.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Originally Posted by see5
Thanks
His point concerning offset was not that the coating would change it rather that the load is increased compared to more conventiional rims where the load is not as overhung with center closer to rim midpoint.
So is it weight that is the issue, stress on the materials or what? Powder being at least 100 times more durable than paint and since it bonds to the metal substrate instead of laying on the surface it is more plyable and will not crack chip or peel I am not sure I understand the concerns.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Hi! I'm Nick, email any questions you have to me, and we will take care of you. Thanks for looking and have a great day. Our quality is second to none!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:55 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

the weight of the powder coating is negligable and yes it is 100 times more durable than just paint! the surface is sandblasted until it is almost sterile! we can do z06 rims.
I coat headers inside and OUT! no short cuts!
let nick know what you need!!
your friend
Sean
Old 11-11-2004, 12:25 AM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Jackal
One question though. when you coat the headers, do you get coverage on the inside?
How does your process compare to other coatings, such as jet-hot?

Exactly what advantage does inside coating give? How thick is the coating, and how much will it decrease the header lumen?

Technical replies welcomed!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:29 AM
redbullapril23
Drifting

ceramic coating process is generally the same 72 hr process. we a local shop and are a billion times more personable! I mean Im the owner and you deal with me. How much better can you get? also the lay over with us will be less since we deal in smaller amounts!
also as for now I only do CORVETTE COATINGS! also my prices are alot lower!
thanks alot your friend
Sean
Old 11-11-2004, 12:32 AM
redbullapril23
Drifting

the inside helps keep the heat in, even more! makes it stronger.
as for the lumen it is almost negligable and will not affect airflow but a detectable amount.
thanks let us know
yout friend
Sean
Old 11-11-2004, 12:33 AM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Can you describe the process in brief? I definitely agree that I'd rather have you handle my tubes than a nobody, I just need to see how big of a hit shipping will be.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:59 AM
redbullapril23
Drifting

ok brief over view. each metal reacts a slight bit different but uniformally the same. this is an example of aluminum.

step 1
the surface needs to be cleaned. we sandblast and add chemical.
step 2
aluminum surface is converted to aluminum oxide which is the ceramic coating. it penetrates only .0001 of an inch and adds only .0001 of an inch to the lumen(as previously asked).
step 3
through heat and extreme pressure(about 30k psi) the metal is made very porous.
step 4(now i hope i dont lose you) the proes are then sealed with, controlled infusion of sub-micron sized particles of high temperature, low friction fluoropolymers or other lubricating particles.
basically those "micro holes in the metal" are filled in to make the ceramic process complete. this provides for a permanent bonded surface.

so anyone who says this doesnt do anything doesnt know what they are talking about.
ceramics can withstand heats in excess of 1300f

thanks alot your friend
Sean
hope its in laymens terms.
let us know guys!
Old 11-11-2004, 01:07 AM
redbullapril23
Drifting

also as far as people in atlanta we can make arrangements for me to meet and pick up parts!!!
your friend
Sean
Old 11-11-2004, 01:19 AM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Awesome work, Sean! Thanks for laying it out like that. It makes it easier to drop the cash when you know how involved the process is.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:10 AM
hoosierhic
Heel & Toe

I heard you need to remove the pistons seals and dust boots. $44 per caliper does that include the brackets and do you teardown and rebuild the calipers?
Old 11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
redbullapril23
Drifting

for 48 ill includes brackets. all parts must be completely disassembled before we get them that way its cheaper and faster for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Cryo/ceramic/powder Coating Special Prices!!!

Old 11-11-2004, 12:06 PM
hoosierhic
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by redbullapril23
for 48 ill includes brackets. all parts must be completely disassembled before we get them that way its cheaper and faster for you.
Do you match or beat a competitors pricing and you did not mention colors. What colors are available at these prices?
Old 11-11-2004, 12:23 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

no difference in pricing for colors!
like whom?
pm me
Old 11-11-2004, 12:38 PM
hoosierhic
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by redbullapril23
no difference in pricing for colors!
like whom?
pm me
sent you pm

Quick Reply: Cryo/ceramic/powder Coating Special Prices!!!