C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCW Drag wheel package specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 AM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CCW Drag wheel package specs

Anyone know the wheel size and offsets of the CCW drag package?

Keith
Old 10-20-2004, 12:13 PM
eb02z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

I beleive the front's are 16x5 and the rears 16x10. I was talking to Bogart Racing wheels and they told me they should have something available soon too-hopefully they will be alot cheaper too. Maybe send a message to sjmmanufacturing@verizon.net . Maybe they will get the ball rolling faster when they know there are a bunch of C5 owners interested.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Flyin'Brian
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by kromberg
Anyone know the wheel size and offsets of the CCW drag package?

Keith
A few specs HERE
Not sure of backspacing though.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by eb02z06
I was talking to Bogart Racing wheels and they told me they should have something available soon too-hopefully they will be alot cheaper too.
Do you have an idea what sizes they gonna offer?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 PM
steve10
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Steve from SJM Manufacturing Inc.

So we don't get flooded with e-mails...please hold e-mails as we ARE working on something at this time. We believe we may have a working design BUT, we need to verify from all ends. This will occur soon as the prototype set is completed.

The prototypes will be 16x4's and 16x10's. ...just to clarify, these are DRAG use ONLY rims, NOT street setup rims by any means.

Pricing is not set at this time, though if your familar at Bogart products, they aren't for everyones wallet. You get what you pay for just as with CCW custom products...i.e. don't expect the rims to be in the range of economy styled weld prostars.

As soon as we have everything verified, we WILL post our results. We hope to have this buttoned up as fast as possible but please be patient.

Steve
SJM Mfg, Inc.
www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

Custom mfg components, Bogart F-body design team/wheel distributor
Old 10-20-2004, 11:18 PM
11 Second Momma
Racer

Originally Posted by steve10
This is Steve from SJM Manufacturing Inc.

So we don't get flooded with e-mails...please hold e-mails as we ARE working on something at this time. We believe we may have a working design BUT, we need to verify from all ends. This will occur soon as the prototype set is completed.

The prototypes will be 16x4's and 16x10's. ...just to clarify, these are DRAG use ONLY rims, NOT street setup rims by any means.

Pricing is not set at this time, though if your familar at Bogart products, they aren't for everyones wallet. You get what you pay for just as with CCW custom products...i.e. don't expect the rims to be in the range of economy styled weld prostars.

As soon as we have everything verified, we WILL post our results. We hope to have this buttoned up as fast as possible but please be patient.

Steve
SJM Mfg, Inc.
www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

Custom mfg components, Bogart F-body design team/wheel distributor
But will they be lighter?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I love Bogarts I just can't see the money for wheels you can't even use to drive to the track. I want wheels that you can drive back and forth to the track and work if you want.
Phil
Old 10-21-2004, 03:08 PM
steve10
6th Gear

Phil,

No disrespect but if you want something that is going to be good for the track and good for the street...the stock wheels are an overall good choice.

If you want drag rims being the lightest in rotational mass as well as overall mass, then choose a specific drag rim for the task. You will reap the most gains.

From looking at another angle, why would anyone want to run a corvette on the street with slicks and skinnies as an everyday setup. I certainly wouldn't choose to drive a drag rims w/slick skinnies to/from work. I'd be going through tires quite often. Not to mention be pretty aggrevated that my car does not handle very well around turns as well as stopping distances changing.

The Corvette is a fantastic car! With a strickly drag tire setup one would use for drag rims on the street.I think most people would aggree a slick/skinny setup is far from optimum in comparison to what the are used to with the stock setup on the street.

Will these be light YES!, will they reap the most gains YES! Will you have a multitude of styles to pick from, YES! Will they cost what a ecomomy style prostar drag rim NO! Bogart rims are high-end rims meant for extreme users whom want the most out of drag racing and road racing. They are optimized for each category.

To give an example, if you want an all around good tire, you'd choose a all season tire. These are ok in the summer and ok in the winter...Not really great in any one category. If you want the best tire for summer use, then choose a SUMMER tire. and a specific one for the winter. There is no such thing as a fantastic all around setup for both. This scenerio is true for most racing products as well as with Bogart products.

I certainly do not want to take this too far as we still do not have the prototypes completed at this time to say...YES we are ready...my intent was to nip the post in the butt so that we don't get flooded with folks asking the same type of questions and concerns.

Last edited by steve10; 10-21-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

The black CCW wheels are approx. $1500-1600 without tires! Not bad
The more worn (slick) the tires becomes, the more I hate driving to the track on them, especially around curves (getting very unstable). People wonder why the Corvette is going so slow in the right lane, when they see the old man driving, they think they know!!

Old 10-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Eric Hawkins
Racer

I have drove many miles on Bogarts before on the street. They can be just as good as a regular set of wheels for the street as long as you take care.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:06 PM
11 Second Momma
Racer

I love our CCW's well Ok I like Al's Black ones even beter But if they are lighter weight I will definitely be checking out the Bogarts when they come out

Originally Posted by wallstAL
People wonder why the Corvette is going so slow in the right lane, when they see the old man driving, they think they know!!

Old 10-21-2004, 11:20 PM
eb02z06
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

I wouldn't even think of driving a drag race setup to the track! By all means the lighter the better-the stock Z06 rims are heavy!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

It's too bad that Weld doesn't make Drag Lites for our cars. I had them on my old 800hp (before spraying it) 68 Camaro, that was street driven, and they held up just fine. They were VERY light too. They weren't made for taking corners, but in a straight line, you better hang on, and have a pair of Depends on!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

I love the idea of Bogarts but because I drag race EVERY weekend and drive my car to and from work at times, switching tires gets old. I know that going to work on ET streets isn't optimal it works with my CCWs and only driving 19 miles to work isn't too bad. When friday night midnight madness comes or the Sunday Gamblers race rolls around I jump in and drive to the track(~20 miles away). Tire pressure gets adjusted to 12psi and I am ready to rip 1.40-1.43 60's. Can't do that on drag radials. Maybe someone needs to come up with a rear suspension solution so we can run 15" Welds. I personally love the gold weld drag wheels.
Phil
Old 10-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

I love the idea of Bogarts but because I drag race EVERY weekend and drive my car to and from work at times, switching tires gets old. I know that going to work on ET streets isn't optimal it works with my CCWs and only driving 19 miles to work isn't too bad. When friday night midnight madness comes or the Sunday Gamblers race rolls around I jump in and drive to the track(~20 miles away). Tire pressure gets adjusted to 12psi and I am ready to rip 1.40-1.43 60's. On cars with <400rwhp you can probably get away with drag radials but with cars making over 600rwtq and 700rwhp you just can't do that on drag radials. Maybe someone needs to come up with a rear suspension solution so we can run 15" Welds. I personally love the gold weld drag wheels.
Phil
Old 10-22-2004, 11:20 AM
eb02z06
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Phil, your car looks BADASS!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Phil, your car looks BADASS!
Thanks, just wait until I get the adjustable 90/10s up front and you see
this ===> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <=== much air under the front tires.
Phil

Get notified of new replies

To CCW Drag wheel package specs

Old 10-22-2004, 02:12 PM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil97SVT
Maybe someone needs to come up with a rear suspension solution so we can run 15" Welds.
I have heard the rumor numerous times that ARE made new rear control arms and shock relocators so that a 15" wheel could be used. I was never able to have them confirm or deny it.

If someone where to do that, I would be more than willing to shell out $1500 for that

Keith
Old 10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm not sure of the weight on the CCWs, but with the setup on my Z06, passenger seat removed, and 1/16 tank gas, I tipped the scale at 2999. All other components on the car, and the passenger seat felt feather light.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:34 PM
steve10
6th Gear

CCW rims are light. They are very nice high-end rims. We are in no way attempting to stray potential buyers from choosing them.

We are merely attempting to meet a demand that has been brought to our attention for some time. If everything works out as planned, this will give you guys additional choices regarding high-end drag rims.

Regarding a 15 inch rim fitting...it is highly unlikely unless your planning on changing rotors and calipers. This is due to the overall size.

Steve

PS,

Phil, looks like you have your car running pretty good already. Congrats on your success!

Quick Reply: CCW Drag wheel package specs