C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 7 codes and car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Boos2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 7 codes and car won't start

I've been searching to try and figure out what is going on and what I need to do, please help!

Codes are:

BCM
B0605 - Internal Memory Function (Reciever Internal Memory Malfunction)
B2721 - Pass Key Detection Circuit
B2723 - Pass Key Detection Circuit
B3091 - ?????????

SCM
U1255 - Serial Data Line Malfunction

LDCM
U1064 - Loss of Communication

RDCM
U1064 - Loss of communication

I know the two door control module ones are no big deal.

Last night on the way home my security light came on and would not go off. But made it home OK. This morning get in the car to go to work and no problem. I get in the office and I hear the horn honking (alarm) I go outside and turn it off. Nothing else. I get in the car to go tolunch and won't start and I have all the above codes.

Little history...last week A/C was not working dealer said drain had plugged up back up water and shorted blower motor. Had that repaired every thing seemed fine.

2 weeks ago I was getting some Fuel trim bank1 and 2 rich codes but those haven't seem to come back.

Any idea what is going on?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:34 PM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Boos2
I've been searching to try and figure out what is going on and what I need to do, please help!

Codes are:

BCM
B0605 - Internal Memory Function (Reciever Internal Memory Malfunction)
B2721 - Pass Key Detection Circuit
B2723 - Pass Key Detection Circuit
B3091 - ?????????

SCM
U1255 - Serial Data Line Malfunction

LDCM
U1064 - Loss of Communication

RDCM
U1064 - Loss of communication

I know the two door control module ones are no big deal.

Last night on the way home my security light came on and would not go off. But made it home OK. This morning get in the car to go to work and no problem. I get in the office and I hear the horn honking (alarm) I go outside and turn it off. Nothing else. I get in the car to go tolunch and won't start and I have all the above codes.

Little history...last week A/C was not working dealer said drain had plugged up back up water and shorted blower motor. Had that repaired every thing seemed fine.

2 weeks ago I was getting some Fuel trim bank1 and 2 rich codes but those haven't seem to come back.

Any idea what is going on?
Try your 2nd key. I bet the resistor is worn out in your key and its not deactivating the security system
Old 07-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICULUKN-C5
Try your 2nd key. I bet the resistor is worn out in your key and its not deactivating the security system
I agree maybe the key contacts need some contact cleaner.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Boos2
Racer

nope, none of that is working.

I had my wife bring her key up to the office, cleaned both off with alcohol wipe from first aid kit but nothing from either key.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Boos2
Racer

Anyone? Help. Car is dead in the water.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Sounds to me like your (BCM) Body Control Module got wet!! That will do most of the things that you have mentioned!!
Remove the passengers toe board and see if the carpets are WET or damp! If they are, I bet you have moisture in the BCM.

Is your car undtr warrenty???? If so make them replace the BCM! and properly dry out/replace the carpets! If your out of warrenty I strongly recommend fixing the source of the problem (AC/Heater Box Drain), drying out the carpet if it is wet and removing the battery negative connection and then removing the BCM and drying it out under a beat lamp. Inspect the connections for corossion and clean as necessary! Put it back in and see what happens! Hopefully the moisture was the only thing that went wrong!

There is a theft deterrant relay directly above the BCM. It is mounted on the fire wall and I found mine to be FULL OF WATER It came from the same area, condensation from the AC system!!

Clear all codes, check the BCM, theft deterrant relay and PLEASE let us know how you make out!

BC
Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 PM
dpd
Drifting

your bcm tanked[croaked].if your a/c drain took out the blower motor,it took out the bcm more than likely.like bill said,pull it out and see if it will dry out,if not you will need a new one and have it programmed.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Boos2
Racer

I had the car towed to MTI last night. I will tell them what you guys have suggested and see what they can do. David Coates (poolfanatic) told me to have it towed to them and to let them take a look at it first. They have done everything to the car and would much rather have them touch it since I know most everyone there rather than some dealership. I trust MTI they have never done moe wrong and have the best customer service. Jayson, David and the whole gang have always been top notch. We'll see if they can take care of it.

Thanks for the input, if anyone else has any input please keep it coming.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

sorry about all the codes

My vette is at the dealer right now for the second time for them to track 40-BCM U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction (along with 15 others)...some are the "loss of communication" codes.

Last edited by yellowvette837; 07-27-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:09 AM
lambolarry
Intermediate

Default Same Problem

Someone sent me your thread. I have the same problem. Dealer wants over $900 to fix mine. i just don't have the money now. Leaves clogged up the drain, my car is hardly ever outside, always covered except for the past 2 weeks.
What have you done since the posting?
here's my posting.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=870678

Larry in Clearwater Fla.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Boos2
Racer

MTI says it appears to have been a bad cell in the battery. They put a loaner in it and Jayson cleared all the codes and everything seems to be OK now. They have been driving it around and testing it and everything seems to be working. I told them to check the BCM for moisture. So they are going to look at that this morning.

lambolarry - it only cost me $370 to replace the blower motor and get the A/C fixed. They didn't say anything about taking the dash apart.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Boos2
Racer

Update from MTI. They pulled it all apart to look at the BCM as I requested and there was all kind of moisture in there so they are pulling it all apart to dry and to take a look at everything.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Any body who has had this water issue and their carpets are wet needs to follow this recommendations!!!! Remove the carpets, use a carpet cleaning machine to wet wash the carpets! If you don’t have one, the next best thing is to duch them down with some carpet cleaning solution scrub them with a brush and use a wet dry vac to suck them dry! I left my carpets out for 5 days (winter time) and put them in my furnace room (nice and warm and dry) until they were completely dry!!! If you don’t get your carpets clean and dry you will get this horrid a%$ smell that will NOT go away. I have seen many cars and C5 that had this problem and recommend this because all of the people who didn’t do it the correct way had to replace their carpets!!

The solution to this problem is easy! Cut the end off of the AC/Heater box drain! If you don’t. you will be doing this over and over again!

If you need help please ask. I can give you blow by blow procedures and even have pictures of the drain tube off the car!!

Bill Curlee
Old 07-28-2004, 05:26 PM
JR04Z06
Heel & Toe

Fire away with the information & photos!! I want to do this before I'm swimming!!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

As good as i am at fixing stuff, I SUCK at posting digitals on the forum!
Please e-mail me and let me know that you need AC box drain photos.

bill327@msn.com

Thanks

Bill
Old 07-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Boos2
Racer

Bill can you send me the photos. I sent you an email too. I don't want this crap to happen again.

Get notified of new replies

To Help! 7 codes and car won't start

Quick Reply: Help! 7 codes and car won't start