C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone decipher this code for me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Default Can anyone decipher this code for me?

Check engince light came on steady tonight. No messages on th D.I.C. and the car runs fine.
I checked the codes and this is the only code showing that has a "C" after it.
Supposedly the "C" means it's Current.

10PCM P0410 H C

There were other codes but all had "H" after them.
Before I take it to the Chevrolet Tech, just wondering if anyone knows what this one is. I am guessing seeing the "H" & the "C" after it that it is possibly a re-occurring code.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glenn
Old 07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
BLUTHUNDER
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Can anyone decipher this code for me? (Glennm27)

Glen , check out this link..Looks like your problem is Air System related . http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

Good Luck !

Jeff
Old 07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Hi Glenn, 410 is an air system code. Might have a bad pump or a bad connection somewhere. Not a big deal, the car will still run fine.. H means its a history code and C is current
Old 07-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Can anyone decipher this code for me? (CHRIS NJ C5)

Thanks Jeff & Chris.

Man this car is starting to bug me. It only gets driven in good weather, gets well maintained and this looks to be it's 4th warranty issue in 11k miles. WTF.

My 02 Monte Carlo POS has 31k and not one issue.............

Old 07-07-2004, 01:20 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

C5's are ment to be driven. I think that it takes a while to get the bugs out. After that it will be fine!
If you clear the code/s do they come back?? Sometimes code/s pop up because its the first Wednesday of the month after a full moon.

I get lots of door control module error codes but the doors work fine! I clear them and they will be good for a month or two and then a different one will pop up.

BC

[Modified by Bill Curlee, 12:21 AM 7/7/2004]
Old 07-07-2004, 02:52 AM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check engince light came on steady tonight. No messages on th D.I.C. and the car runs fine.
I checked the codes and this is the only code showing that has a "C" after it.
Supposedly the "C" means it's Current.

10PCM P0410 H C

There were other codes but all had "H" after them.
Before I take it to the Chevrolet Tech, just wondering if anyone knows what this one is. I am guessing seeing the "H" & the "C" after it that it is possibly a re-occurring code.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Glenn
The air pump is not getting air to the headers during start up and during normal operation testing. The air pump helps reduce emissions during start up. The H suffix indicates a past (history) problem and the C suffix indicates an ongoing (current) problem.

An AIR pump is used on this vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The PCM supplies a ground to the AIR pump relay, which energizes the AIR pump. The PCM monitors the HO2S voltages to diagnose the AIR system.

During the AIR test, the PCM activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltages and short term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low and the short term fuel trim should go high.

If the PCM determines that the HO2S voltages for both banks did not respond as expected during the tests, DTC P0410 sets. If only one sensor responded, the PCM sets either a DTC P1415 or P1416 to indicate on which bank the AIR system is inoperative.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0112, P0113, P0117, P0118, P0125, P0171-P0175, P0200, P0300, P0335, P0336, P0351-P0358, P0440, P0442, P0443, P0446, P0449, P1120, P1220, P1221, P1258, P1441 and HO2S DTCs are not set.
Fuel level greater than 12.5 percent but less than 87.5 percent.
The engine is running for greater than 2.0 seconds .
The maximum air flow is 25 g/s
The air fuel ratio is 14.7:1
The engine load is less than 34 percent.
The ignition voltage is greater than 11.7 volts .
Engine is not operating in Power Enrichment, Decel Fuel Shut-off, or Catalyst Over-Temperature modes.
The engine is operating in closed loop for greater than 15 seconds .
The engine speed is greater than 718 RPM .
The ECT is greater than 80°C (176°F) but less than 110°C (230°F) .
The IAT is greater than -2°C (28.4°F) .
The fuel system is operating in fuel trim cells 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6.
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The HO2S voltage does not go below 222 mV for 1.3 seconds , when the AIR pump turns ON during closed loop operation.
OR
The short term fuel trim does not change more than a predetermined value, when the AIR pump turns ON during closed loop operation.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

The PCM illuminates the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and tails.
The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the PCM stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the PCM records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The PCM writes the conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

The PCM turns the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) OFF after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A last test failed (current DTC) clears when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A History DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if this or any other emission related diagnostic does not report any failures.
Use a scan tool in order to clear the MIL/DTC.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone decipher this code for me?

Quick Reply: Can anyone decipher this code for me?